POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Disney puts out room-only discounts for the public, is Pop usually 20%?

Oh, and I meant to ask: is Pop using the "articulated" buses?

I am thinking about staying at Pop Nov 10th next year...My question is will there be christmas stuff up? Also what is the crowd level like during this time?
I just love the Pop

penni520 said:
I am thinking about staying at Pop Nov 10th next year...My question is will there be christmas stuff up? Also what is the crowd level like during this time?
I just love the Pop

That might be a little too early. The resorts are done by Thanksgiving weekend and it doesn't take that long to decorate the moderates and values.

If you are talking about those buses where it looks like 2 with an accordion connecting them, then I saw 1 during our 5 night stay there. That what when we went back to MK at about 11pm. We were the ONLY 3 people on the entire thing. Now when we needed them and we're stacked in lines exceeding 2 bus stops at MK to come back (stop 29&30) they were using regular buses and we had to wait a while.

The "Accordian" buses? Yes, they do use them. We usually only saw one or two each morning, so they aren't their main buses apparently. We rode one back to the resort one of the nights. Pretty neat.

I am thinking about staying at Pop Nov 10th next year...My question is will there be christmas stuff up? Also what is the crowd level like during this time? I just love the Pop

Not sure about the 10th but we arrived on the 17th last year & POP had their Christmas decorations up, as well as the parks & the other resorts had their gingerbread displays up.

That might be a little too early. The resorts are done by Thanksgiving weekend and it doesn't take that long to decorate the moderates and values.

This year, the last MNSSHP is on Oct 31st. On November 1st the halloween decorations start coming down and the Christmas decorations start going up. The last halloween party each year is always the Friday after halloween (this year it happens to be on halloween). The first MVMCP is the first Friday in November (this year the first party is November 7th) so the Christmas decorations will be in full swing while you are there! :thumbsup2

I have a question about grab and go items in the food court - is there hard boiled eggs or string cheese available? Looking for some quick healthy items besides fruit, hopefully something with protein.

I have not been to POP since the new cups with RFID chips came out. I understand you have to have the disney cups to get pop, tea, or coffee but I don't feel like paying $18 to fill up my mug with water. What about water? Can I get water dispensed into my own cup without buying a mug? I don't want pop or sugary drinks at all. I can live with water for a week if it is free! Also, can you get hot water for free? I could bring instant coffee/tea bags from home just in case I got bored.

I have not been to POP since the new cups with RFID chips came out. I understand you have to have the disney cups to get pop, tea, or coffee but I don't feel like paying $18 to fill up my mug with water. What about water? Can I get water dispensed into my own cup without buying a mug? I don't want pop or sugary drinks at all. I can live with water for a week if it is free! Also, can you get hot water for free? I could bring instant coffee/tea bags from home just in case I got bored.

We refilled our own mugs we brought from home with ice water daily.

I'm not sure about the hot water.

Can someone tell me about getting to the water parks. Not sure which one yet but I think I remember the bus went to downtown disney and one of the water parks, is that normally how it goes?

We refilled our own mugs we brought from home with ice water daily.

I'm not sure about the hot water.

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear you don't have to have a mug to get water! They have microwaves so I can heat up water to make drinks if there is not a hot water dispenser for free. No biggie! Can you tell me if the water had a strange taste like some of the water fountains? I would assume it is filtered. Might bring some crystal light if it has a strange taste.

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear you don't have to have a mug to get water! They have microwaves so I can heat up water to make drinks if there is not a hot water dispenser for free. No biggie! Can you tell me if the water had a strange taste like some of the water fountains? I would assume it is filtered. Might bring some crystal light if it has a strange taste.

I didn't notice any strange taste but I'm not super picky about it, we briefly lived in Florida so maybe it rubbed off on me. Bringing some flavor packets might be good just to give you a break from plain water. :)

There is a hot water dispenser near the coffee. On my Oct 2013 trip it was not regulated or anything.

Time to really start planning my trip, we arrive August 8th for 15 nights. This is the least planned I've been, lol

I had to go searching to find this scavenger Hunt I made back in 2008 or 2009, just thought I'd share it since it's been a while since it's been circulated. My kids loved it and asked to do it again in August. They are 16 & 22, lol!

Pop Century Scavenger Hunt:
• Take picture at The sign of your birth year and Anniversary at POP
• How many hidden Mickey's can you find? Take a picture of each one.
• At 6pm – Do the Hustle? Go to Food Court. What is it? Take a picture of it.
• What is everything Pop? Take a picture of it.
• What year did WDW open? Take a picture in front of the sign.
• Play a game of Twister and take some pictures while playing.
• What is Petals? Take a picture of it including one with you in it.
• Look for the secret button (80/90's-9000-3rd floor). Take a picture of it.
• Get a picture with Goofy and his Red Car.
• How many pools are there – Take a picture of each from an upper level balcony.
• Looking from an upper level on the 50's Bowling Pin Pool –What do you notice?
• What are the hours of the pools – Take a picture of the sign with you in front of it.
• How many beach balls are in each pool? Take a picture of some of them.
• How many Icons are there – Take a picture in front of each one.
• How many types of stairwells are there –Take a picture in front of each one.
• How many Laundromats are there – Take a picture in front of each one.
• How many places are there to eat or drink at? Take a picture in front of each one.
• At the Big Juke Box – How many songs are listed?
• Find a vending machine with a Castle on it. Take a picture in front of it.
• Find the refillable mugs and take your picture in front of them.
• Find the Lunar Landing Shadow box from July 1969. Take a picture of it.
• How many shadow boxes are there? Take a picture of your favorites.
• Cross the Generation Gap. What is it? Take a picture of it.
• Find "Fast Forward". What is it? Take a picture of it.
• Find a game with the sign "Hit the Lizard on the butt" – Read the rest.
• Find the playground. Take a picture of you doing something on the playground.
• Find a Bunny, Duck and Squirrel. Take pictures of each.
• Walk Memory Lane & read the signs. Take a picture of your favorites.
• Find the Ping pong table and play (bring your own or .50). Take a picture.
• Find the keyboard. Spell your name on it. Take a picture of you doing it.
• Walk around Hourglass Lake. Take a picture in front of your birth year.
• Find Mr. Potato Head. Take a picture in front of it.
• Find Play-doh. Take a picture in front of it.
• Find the powder blue golf cart that is an old fashioned car. Take a picture in it.
• Look for the yellow POP min-bus with Peace signs. Take a picture with it.
• Write down one song you hear from one of the different Decades.
• Find Roger-What do you notice about the picture behind him? Take a picture of it.
• Take a picture of your favorite Saying on the buildings.
• Take a picture of a Disney and Magical Express Bus.
• Take a picture of yourself in front of the POP Sign at the front of the hotel.
• How many pictures are behind the check-in counter? Take a picture of your favorite.

My son only drinks water or milk. When I got water out of the power are dispenser it was slightly tinted blue and had that hint of powerade. The water out of the lemonade dispenser looked and tasted better. There was no sulfur or chlorine tasteb to either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter