POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We checked into POP today. They had us in 90s but we asked if there was anything closer and they moved us to 70s which is what I wanted. It's fabulous. We went swimming in the hippy dippy pool. I agree that they music was so loud and annoying. I don't remember them doing that two years ago.

But it's not a big deal. Everyone has been great and super nice. Our room is wonderful.

We walked over to AOA and they really did a great job on that place. It's amazing.

Can't wait to go to HS tomorrow for SWW.

Do they shoot fireworks off at POP now? Lol the kids are sleeping and they sound like they are in the parking lot. Lol just wondering, I wouldn't think wed be able to hear and see them from our window if it were at Epcot or something. But they are pretty and fun for dh and I.

We are at Bonnet Creek, they looked like they were between here and All Star Sports... fantastic display! We've been checking Disney's websites and facebook pages along with Wyndam's but can't seem to find any information on it.

Another guest here tried to tell me they were from Animal Kingdom, lol, ummm I don't think so. ..

Just came back home today :sad: and REALLY enjoyed our stay at POP. We were in the 60's building. Great location...really close to hippy dippy pool with the lake view. We were also really close to the bridge that takes you to Art of Animation. Did not have any issues with our room the whole time we were there. We were always given plenty of towels and shampoos/bath soaps and had the best towel animals/decorations when returning to our rooms in the evening. One little negative is that we had requested to be in connecting rooms with my mom (which we got) and close to my sisters room. She was put in the 90's building. Not close at all. Front desk admitted that there was an error and we should have been in the same building at least since we had requested this in our initial reservations. Also...it would be nice if the food court area was open longer than midnight. I watched people come in after later flights trying to grab some milk or juice only to be turned away because they were closed.

just read on the allearsnet newsletter about changes to the POP food court. no more beef and bleu sandwich. No more Shrimp lo Mein!!!!! No more Fried chicken for Mom's night out!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!

just read on the allearsnet newsletter about changes to the POP food court. no more beef and bleu sandwich. No more Shrimp lo Mein!!!!! No more Fried chicken for Mom's night out!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!

YUP! They introduced a whole new menu effective 5/1. They've been working on the menu since the beginning of the year. I did some taste testing and reviewing for it when I was there in January. Unfortunately what I taste tested didn't make it...apparently it didn't pass the Mickey check (for stupid reasons IMO) and it was THE BOMB too!!! I was really looking forward to getting them again when they started the new menu! Sucks that it didn't make the cut! Actually, I'm really quite annoyed... :headache: They were much better choices than what they are offering now! UGH!! :mad:

I definitely agree that the food court should be open later - when the parks close at 11pm/12am it's kinda rough to expect your guests to be coming home hungry with nowhere to eat. When I was there earlier this month, almost every night we'd get off the bus after leaving EMH at 11pm and getting to the hotel around 11:45pm, and people would literally jump off the bus and start running to the food court just to get food before they closed. It would be nice if they could stay open an extra hour on EMH nights or something.

How far of a walk is it to the buses & restaurant from the 80's building?

Maybe 3-5 minutes(could be longer, but we don't think so). You can follow the parking lot to buses or cut though 70s to get to food court. We always request first floor and building 9 :) hope this helps. We usually have a stroller too!

princessanj said:
Maybe 3-5 minutes(could be longer, but we don't think so). You can follow the parking lot to buses or cut though 70s to get to food court. We always request first floor and building 9 :) hope this helps. We usually have a stroller too!

We stayed in 8154 over Xmas. We cut thru the parking lot to get to the busses. Not even 5 minutes from our room. Food court about 5 minutes if you go this way.

Is there a link anywhere to the new menu? Allears still has the old one......

ETA: NEVER MIND! Didn't think to check the site I was on - duh!! Looks like a lot of new flatbreads........or did they always have those?

Woo hoo!! Happy to say we're headed back to Pop in September! Just couldn't pass up free dining! I asked this question yesterday, didn't get a response, but are life jackets or water wings permitted in the pool? I'm looking at getting a puddled jumper for DD3.

Thanks!

Woo hoo!! Happy to say we're headed back to Pop in September! Just couldn't pass up free dining! I asked this question yesterday, didn't get a response, but are life jackets or water wings permitted in the pool? I'm looking at getting a puddled jumper for DD3.

Thanks!

We were there last summer and I believe they had life jackets available for the kids. I know for sure they did at ASMo in 2007 and 2009.

We were there last May and they had life jackets available for the kids to use. And my daughter wore water wings in the pool as well

I'm heading down in 10 days, (!!!) but I'm going down with a group. I'm kinda nervous that they're going to stick us in the 80's or 90's because it is a group of "kids/teenagers." Can somebody post some positive information about that area so I'm not so concerned staying here. At least I'm stoked about the Floppy Disk pool! :cool1: Either way it's Disney and we won't be spending a lot of time in our rooms, but cockroaches are my one bug I'm not okay with. Spiders, ants, those giant crazy bugs Florida has, are all fine. Not roaches. Help?

We love the 80s/90s section. Much closer to the busses than the 50s, quick cut thru the parking lot and you are there. Love the music, love the icons. I much prefer this area to anywhere else in the resort...

That is GREAT to hear, thank you!! :thumbsup2 And from my understanding, you CAN swim in the pools before they officially 'open', there just won't be a lifeguard on duty, right? It would be so nice to get some early morning swims in!

Yep, you can swim "at your own risk" when the lifeguards aren't there.

75 days!!!

Minnesota! said:
We love the 80s/90s section. Much closer to the busses than the 50s, quick cut thru the parking lot and you are there. Love the music, love the icons. I much prefer this area to anywhere else in the resort.

Fitst stay at POP in 40 days! Is there music playing from the decade(s) in each area? Have requested 50's based on DD liking the look of the bowling pin pool & the icons. I'm sure she'd get a kick out of the 50's music, too.

Don't really want to cut thru the parking lot as others have suggested if put in 80's-90's, but would like to be near transportation/food court...but then there's the much talked about lake view rooms...ugh! I think I may just let the chips fall where they may & leave it all up to luck! Either way, really looking forward to staying at POP as I've always heard so much about it & based on following this thread, it has A LOT of loyal fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter