Pop century-stay away

Years ago I worked as a Travel Agent. One of the other agents was addicted to gambling and shopping ( always had the nicest clothes.) After many months of problems with clients travel plans, it was discovered that this agent was 'borrowing' clients cash downpayments from their trips and using her own credit card to make the payments!!! The 'jinx' was up when her CC company started declineing the payments she was making. Needless to say-she's not a Travel Agent any more.!

I'm not sure about how things work at this time.....BUT I was always able to call Disney directly :)

You can call Disney directly, but you can't call the resorts directly. Those calls go to a call center. Maybe as a travel agent it is different, but the rest of us can't call the resorts.

Sounds shady on your agents and disneys end.
Doesn't sound like Disney to just be so dismissive of you.

Though, I wouldn't say thats a Pop Century specific problem...

Sounds like the hotel was overbooked and they attempted a version of "walking" the guest. Sometimes when guests are walked, the hotel finds them the alternate lodging and pays any difference. Sometimes hotels just turn people away saying they are full. The OP stood their ground and got a room, but someone that day was in the same boat and didn't get a room. It happens all the time in the hotel industry. Hotels will attempt to walk lower revenue guests first, or guests that booked through third parties instead of booking direct. It's no different than airlines bumping you from your flight - except that there aren't any rules or regulations that require a hotel to take care of you in an overbooking situation. I'm sorry it happened to the OP - it's not a pleasant position to be in.

Yea this seems off. Booking with a TA is booking through Disney am I not correct? How did your TA book things? There are just so many details missing.

I would never book a WDW vacation through a travel agent. It's way too easy to do yourself online, and you get so much documentation with confirmations via MDE and emails, etc. Heck, I booked our Easter trip, then added a day, changed resorts, added Dining Plan, dropped Dining Plan, added Hoppers, dropped Hoppers, added them back, added QS Dining Plan, changed to Business Class at our resort (CSR) when I discovered a discount offer, made FP+, changed those on a daily bases (even when we were there), made and cancelled about a billion ADRs before canceling them all. Got La Nouba tickets.

Maybe I should be a WDW travel agent. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter