Pop Century rooms

farfaraway

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 4-me,dh, and 2 boys 21 & 18. We're thinking of staying at Pop Century next May. We thought we'd give a new hotel a try plus it's cheaper than POFQ (we'd save around $500). We'd want a room with queen bed and queen pullout. Will we have enough room? What if we bought a blow up air mattress in case one of the boys wants his own bed. Which building is close to the first bus stop? Our other thought is going to POFQ which we love. Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Pop Century has been recently renovated. Each room has a Queen and a Murphy-style Queen (a REAL bed, not a pull out) that doubles as a table and 4 chairs (kind of cool). We love it there. There is only one bus stop, located at the main building and the 60's area are probably the closest to that, but some of the 50s and 70s rooms are close too. POFQ is a sweet resort with lots of pluses, but if you were looking for a change, Pop Century is really a fun resort.

Two queen beds and the Gondola will be open by then, so depending on where you're going, that will be a good transportation option. We have stayed in the new Pop rooms with two grown sons. They slept head to foot on the second queen. We did bring an air mattress, as they were initially refusing to share a bed. As it turned out, they were too tired at the end of the day to fool with it and just slept opposite on the second bed.

One of favorite Pop “Hacks” 90s building super closer to main building and bus stops if you walk through the parking lot instead of the walking paths. Check out the maps and see! P.S. Laptop pool is the best pool at the resort adjacent to the 90s building.

There really isn't much room for an air mattress. It would definitely be an "extremely" tight squeeze. We are two adults, and one "Disney" adult with an electric scooter. With the Murphy bed down, I'm not sure you'd be comfortable. I feel we are maxed out when in the room.I

If the boys are willing to share a queen bed, you would be alright, but tigh t . Our Disney adult is,a 13 year old girl.

We went to PoP and our children were 20 & 17. Plus my son is 6'5". We fit in the room but it was a tight squeeze, the kids shared the bed. The bathroom is nice because the shower has a door separating it from the sink area so 2 people can get ready at once. We didn't mind the tight squeeze since we spend most of times at park. When we got back to the rooms we all tased out from exhaustion. Our best room for our family has been the family suites at AoA.

With the money you're saving moving to POP, you're better off getting two rooms (one for you and DH and one for the boys). POP has adjoining rooms so you can put that on your check-in requests. With only one bathroom, having four grown adults in one room might feel chaotic.

Reactions: CGB
Pop is our favorite resort since our kids became adults. We prefer having two rooms and two bathrooms. It’s an affordable option that gives us a little more space, comfort, and time-saving amenities (extra bathroom). Plus, we like the food court. With a discount and losing the charges for extra people in the single room, you’d be surprised at the extra cost of a second room. To us, it’s worth it. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter