Pop Century Questions

blue_eyes5212

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone. I'm new on here and am so excited to have found this site. My husband, 16 year old sister and I are staying at Pop Century and I hope we have made the right decision. I am reading Pop posts and have heard some bad things (being able to hear people in other rooms) and stuff like that. We stayed at All Star Movies last year and didn't have any problems so I hope the same is true this time. Also, can we request were at Pop we would like to stay? Does that cost extra? Thanks in advance!!!! :earsboy: :earsgirl:

let me know too if you hear anything. I'm looking to book at Pop too in late nov '05.
I wonder if they have their own bus vs. the all stars having 1 bus for all 3?
and where are the preferred room locations?

have you heard? :flower:

I have stayed at Pop 4 times since they opened and have never had any problems.
I don't use the pools much, maybe once a trip so being right near the pool is not a request I make. If you have small children you might want that as an option so you can be closer to your room.Some people do let their older children go to the pool and yell to them from the room. The noise is always louder near the pool.
I request the top floor with parking lot or lake view. This way I am not near the crowds and not alot of others ask for that area. I have never been awakened by kids running past my room or others walking by and having loud conversations. I am a very light sleeper.
I have had rooms with the adjoining door and haven't heard any conversations through the walls or door. Once in a while you might hear the outside door slam, but that wasn't loud enough to wake me, I only heard it once as I was starting to doze off and someone came into their room next door.
I don't mind the walk to the main building and no matter where I have been it hasn't been a long walk. Carrying a sleeping child might make it more difficult so take this into consideration.
I am staying at Pop in May with 12 family members. We have 5 rooms booked and I know we will have a great time there. The kids that are going with us are looking forward to the pool but again, we booked our rooms on the other side of the building and will walk around to the pools. Peggie

We just returned this morning from Pop. We LOVED it. It was much better than expected.

We had room 3261- corner room, bldg 3 in the 50's section. Perfect spot. A 1 minute walk to the food court, and to 2 pools. All we requested was upper floor, 50s, non-smoking. Since we were checking in late, I thought we may be screwed when it come to the room, so this was the first of the nice suprises.

The 60's are preferred, but some of those rooms, were much farther to the food court than we were. The 50's or 70s would be my picks no matter what.

Ample parking- At the most a 5 minute walk to the car, but that was only after late noghts out, when we had to park further out than usual. Usually only about a 3 min. walk.

The gift shop was excellent- Very nice selection.

The food court was good- Not great but we aren't really food court people anyway.

We only took the busses a few times- but no problems. There was a line at MK, but they brought 2 busses at the same time. Our trip back from Epcot one evening was fine. Pop does not share busses with any other resort. DH stood each trip, and the busses were full but not horrible.

We will stsay at Pop again, without question. I was worried because we have always stayed Mod, or Deluxe. DH and I both decided that the mods were out for us from now on. There is a huge difference between, the mod. and deluxe, but not enough of one between Pop, and the moderates to warrrent the extra cost.

Have fun planning.

thanks for all the great reviews. we will be staying there in May and this will be our 1st time there.

Hey thanks for the info on this. Although I have not been home more than two weeks from my trip, I am already thinking about our next one and am thinking about staying here. I have decided that I am no longer staying anywhere that has a kitchen in it or anything big enough that I will have to clean up, this sounds like the perfect place to me.

We really enjoy Pop and have all positive things to say- no problems. :cool1: We are going 6/29-7/7. :cloud9:

Definitely plan an hour here and there to look at all of the memorabilia in the shadow boxes hanging on the lobby wall. We enjoy that soooooo much! The resort just really has a perky feel! :wave:

We stayed at POP last December and had a great time. It wasn't bad at all. I guess it could depend on how loud your neighbors really are. I couldn't hear anyone though :)

We stayed in the 50s facing the parking lot and could see Spaceship Earth from our room at night - that was pretty cool!

We also love Pop. We had a wonderful time there and loved everything about the resort. Hope you have a nice stay!

The Pop rooms are not noisier then any other room on WDW property. We have stayed in almost every WDW resort, so we have our share of WDW resort experiences. If you have noisey neighbors, especially with a connecting door, you are going to hear them, no matter which resort you are staying at!
When we want a budget trip, we often stay at the value resorts for a few days; and they are great for the price! The only thing I do not like about Pop, is how many rooms have a view of a busy highway. The All Stars rooms do not have a view nearly as close to the major road, as Pop has.
But we love the theming of POP. The stuff in the lobby/checkin area is like going to a "Baby Boomer Generation" Museum!! I guarantee, you will see many blasts from your past!!!!! :cool1:

:flower: We were at Pop 4/16 to 4/24 and loved it. We were in the 70's and I thought it was a great location. Not too far from the food court and the 60's pool and the parking lot. We never heard outside noise. I did hear a "turbo toilet" flush twice, but we never heard anyone on either side and I'm told that Pop was completely booked. I forgot to request a room on the top floor, so I was a little apprehensive when we were assigned a first floor room. We ended up liking it alot because it was so convenient. We didn't hear people walking by because the way the resort is set up, people walking thru the 70's are walking on the pathway in the middle, not right by your room. I would definitely stay there again. My least favorite aspect was the food court, it can be a little crazy in the morning. :crazy: We ended up driving most of the time, but when we took the bus we only waited 5 min or so. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter