Pop Century Help

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DisMom1981, Feb 19, 2013.

1. DisMom1981

DisMom1981 DIS Veteran

My family is taking our first trip August 18 - 25 and we are staying at POP. I've heard the value properties are large and not always convenient to the main building/transportation. My LO's will only be 4 and 2. Any recommendations on areas of the resort to request? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2. sillylily

sillylily DIS Veteran

Are you in a standard or preferred room?

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

When we stayed at POP, we did not pay for preferred, and we were in the 70's building. Our room was very close to the food court/main building and bus stop. I don't know if we were upgraded??? :confused3

But, I think only 50's and 60's is preferred, so if you don't book that, I think 70's is a good option.

5. Peachkins

Peachkins DIS Veteran

Yeah, I would start by asking for a preferred room. Those are usually closer to the main building. Honestly, most of the rooms here aren't that far of a walk. When we stayed there, we were in the 50's wing. The only areas I could see being a longer walk would be the 80's and 90's buildings.

6. sillylily

sillylily DIS Veteran

A lot of the 50's isn't preferred, that's what we usually request.:cheer2: It is definitely the longest haul from the 80's-90's.

7. AndiSlamberg

AndiSlamberg Mouseketeer

We've been in the 70's and had a pretty decent room. Not to far from the food court/buses I would agree with all the other posters who say to stay away from the 80/90's and you'll be fine.

8. neptuneflame

neptuneflame Mouseketeer

With a four and two year old, I would try for the 70s. The playground is right there and that was a lifesaver for us on our last trip!

9. DisMom1981

DisMom1981 DIS Veteran

Standard. I've heard preferred is worth the extra money but if there is a way around giving Disney another dime towards this vacation- I'd like to explore that first :)

10. DisMom1981

DisMom1981 DIS Veteran

Thank you all! I will be making a(nother) call to Disney later!