Pool Hopping at Vero Beach

Towncrier

DIS Veteran
We decided to visit Vero Beach this year during our family vacation to WDW. Another DISer (Barb - for real) was staying there with her family and we thought that it would be nice to spend the day with them. A helpful DVC CM at the Beach Club Villas suggested that we take the Florida Turnpike to get to Vero in order to avoid I-95. It took us a little under two hours to make the journey.

When we got to Vero Beach, I went up to the front desk and, half jokingly, told the CM that we were exercising our pool hopping privileges. He asked to see my room key from Old Key West and, after verifying that we were indeed DVC members staying at OKW on points, he issued me a one day card key so that we could use the pool. As guests of our friends who were staying at Vero, we would have been allowed to use the pool anyway. But there was something special about being given a key to the pool.

We spent some time swimming in the ocean before checking out the water slide at the pool. As Vero Beach is now 95% sold, I'm not certain that I can convince DW Sue that we "need" points there, but I think that we will have to seriously consider adding a stop at Vero to our next WDW vacation. Or maybe we'll just pool hop. :teeth:

LOL :jester:

That is a SERIOUS pool hop. You didn't try to use your OKW refillable mug over there too did you?

In the past PH has not been allowed for VB so maybe you got lucky or maybe they're changing their ways a little. Still, did you call ahead and ask if the pool was at capacity per PH rules? LOL.

Ah, yes... I was just contemplating a pool hopping jaunt to The Grand Californian on our next trip. I'm glad to know pool hopping applies beyond the borders of WDW.

Seriously, thanx for sharing! I understand the "something special" that you are reffering to. Disney always manages to pull through with that feeling. :cool:

Glad you had a nice time, it's a wonderful resort.

Unfortunately, Vero does have a serious pool crashing problem with locals stopping in to use the pool who are not staying at the resort.

Thanks for the report on 'pool hooping' at Vero!

We are going to head there for the first time in a few weeks, sandwiching a few days at Vero between stays at BCVs and OKW! I am looking forward to visiting this resort for some R & R!

pin

***"Unfortunately, Vero does have a serious pool crashing problem with locals stopping in to use the pool who are not staying at the resort." ***

You can sit back and just watch it happen. the whole family will come up from the beach,down the walkway,right to the gate. Then they'll act like they're looking for their room key. As soon as a legit guest goes in,they catch the gate just before it closes.then they act like they popped their key in and on in they go. They are real easy to spot,just watch for people carrying brightly colored,non-white resort towels.

Originally posted by KNWVIKING
***"Unfortunately, Vero does have a serious pool crashing problem with locals stopping in to use the pool who are not staying at the resort." ***

You can sit back and just watch it happen. the whole family will come up from the beach,down the walkway,right to the gate. Then they'll act like they're looking for their room key. As soon as a legit guest goes in,they catch the gate just before it closes.then they act like they popped their key in and on in they go. They are real easy to spot,just watch for people carrying brightly colored,non-white resort towels.
On a serious note.... If I see this, things may get ugly. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Maistre Gracey
You're elected as the pool monitor. LOL.

I take it that Disney doesn't check once inside their property? I would think that pool crashing would be especially bad in such a place. Disney should act on this. I would think that HH doesn't have a pool crashing problem?

Bob Riley

Originally posted by Dean
You're elected as the pool monitor. LOL.
Ah yes.... [dream sequence]wearing the uniform, nightstick at the side, and supervising all the ladies as they sunbath....[/dream sequence] :teeth:

Didn't try to use my OKW refillable mug (since I don't actually own one). Besides, the refillable mugs at Vero had Nemo on them. I was too busy trying to figure out how many people I could cram into a Vero Beach studio. :teeth:

I have heard about the pool crashing problem at Vero. I guess it's just the logical extension of locals who continue to crash the pools at WDW.

On a serious note.... If I see this, things may get ugly.
2gunsfiring_v1.gif

It's hard to miss, there is lots of it. I've seen it most every trip. It's a hard call to decide whether to put a damper on your own trip by taking them on. More power to you if your willing to do so. Perhaps Vero needs to move to the wrist band approach to address the problem, and have the lifegaurds to regular sweeps.

My wife (own at BCV) and I were just at WDW, and were planning a trip over to Vero to check it out. We ask DVC reps at various kiosks about using the pool during our visit; some thought it would not be permitted, most admitted not knowing but didn't give us any help in finding out, and a very nice woman in the Main Street DVC Center called somewhere to check. She was told by someone that pool-hopping was not allowed at Vero for "liability reasons". Didn't sound quite right to us, but we didn't ask anyone else to check, and as a result didn't make the trip. I didn't overhear the phone conversation, so perhaps she didn't mention that we were DVC members, and only told the "expert" that we wanted to check out the Vero Beach Resort.

When I saw this post I was getting ready to post a question on the same subject. VB is our home resort but we have never been there yet. We will be at BWV in January and wanted to take a day trip to Vero to check it out. We were wondering if we would be able to use the pool and hang out for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter