Pony rides at FW....

Tash87

DIS Veteran
I watched a vlog about this yesterday and it looked very quiet.

Is there a "busy" time where we should avoid the pony ride? Any other tips/info

Any advice will be hugely appreciated as I never knew anything about this and my daughter really wants to ride a horse so we thought this would be the perfect surprise for her this October.

For the pony rides up at the Settlement, When ever I am here I never see more than one child riding the ponies, sometimes I never see the ponies getting ridden.

The horse back riding at the Outpost is a different story. That you should make a reservation for if there is an interest.

Thank you for the info! That's great :)

Only trouble is my daughter is too tall :guilty: Such a shame cause my son would be able to (under 48") pony ride and we was going to surprise them both together.

Do you know any info about the horseback riding? Prices, how/when to book? Do you have to be experienced to ride?

I booked last week for October and was surprised at how little choice I had for times - it was pretty well booked for the 2nd and 3rd week of October. So I would definitely call sooner rather than later. I believe they do them 4 times a day, in the late morning and early afternoon.

Edit: This was horseback riding, not the pony rides for young children.

Thank you everyone for your VERY helpful replies!

I think we will have to give it a miss unfortunately, my daughter (50") wouldn't do the horseback on her own and my son is 44" so he can only do the pony rides.

We plan on having a look around the stables etc so might ask at the pony ride if they would accept her height, it's worth a try right?!

I wish we knew about this before cause they both (for sure) could've done the pony ride on our last trip :(

Personally I would speak with DD and let her know that she may be too tall for the Pony ride but you need to see once you get there. Let her know she might be too tall for it you just need to see what happens when you get there This way if they let her Happy Happy Happy all around. If not at lest she knows you tried and hopefully wont be too disappointed Maybe you can talk Dad into a father daughter trail ride if ponies are a no go for her

OP: Just an FYI, in case you did not know about them, but there are wagon and carriage rides at FW. I have not had a chance to try either yet, but I know many people enjoy these.

Port Orleans Riverside too. $55 for 45 mins, up to 4 people. They run from 5:30pm to 8:30pm every night.

I can’t ride any longer due to health issues, so this is how I’m getting my horse fix at WDW. :)

I would be willing to bet that weight is much more important than height for the ponies so I would definitely stop and ask if she is under 80 pounds.

Personally I would speak with DD and let her know that she may be too tall for the Pony ride but you need to see once you get there. Let her know she might be too tall for it you just need to see what happens when you get there This way if they let her Happy Happy Happy all around. If not at lest she knows you tried and hopefully wont be too disappointed Maybe you can talk Dad into a father daughter trail ride if ponies are a no go for her
I'm not going to mention anything to her about the pony rides. What she doesn't know, won't hurt her :rolleyes:

IF we decide we aren't going to visit FW then it doesn't matter.

Love the idea of a father and daughter ride though :love:

I'm not going to mention anything to her about the pony rides. What she doesn't know, won't hurt her :rolleyes:

IF we decide we aren't going to visit FW then it doesn't matter.

Love the idea of a father and daughter ride though :love:
one thing not mentioned about pony ride is that the kids must wear closed toe shoes. I have seen more kids turned down for this than any other reason. the day we were there the ponies were on the short size unlike the park I work at

:wave2:

Thank you! Did you call or was you there?

I will ask at check in.

I called in early July for an October trip. THis is my first trip, so I have no idea how quickly they book up, but I didn't get my first choice time slot when I called.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!