Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Any word on the status of Murphy beds in all the rooms yet? We have a stay in May and definitely need the Murphy bed. Can you put Murphy bed down as a first request?
Not sure if they’ve been fully put in but we stayed in Moorea in December in 2 separate studios(weird split stay) and both had the Murphy bed. If they are going building by building I’d say request Moorea.

Any word on the status of Murphy beds in all the rooms yet? We have a stay in May and definitely need the Murphy bed. Can you put Murphy bed down as a first request?

The reports of rooms having no murphy bed seem to have disappeared so best guess is that they've gotten them all in.

Last edited:

Thats great! I think Kona needs a big redo. In looks AND menu. It’s too”cafe” which is fine if it actually had another restaurant that wasn’t just an all you can eat.
Couldn't agree more with a menu overhaul - although I'd like to keep the Tonga Toast (even if it is more expensive than I could get down at Captain Cooks) and the Mimosa flight. Otherwise, it's just not that exciting.

Are the dvc studio mini refrigerators the same as the other studios? My wife is telling me it may be just a cooler and won't keep milk and such cold enough???? A little help here...thanks.

Are the dvc studio mini refrigerators the same as the other studios? My wife is telling me it may be just a cooler and won't keep milk and such cold enough???? A little help here...thanks.
It's a standard mini fridge in the Studio. Kept our drinks plenty cold. There is not a freezer compartment, so I wouldn't bring anything needing to be frozen, but I can attest that we kept wine, water, leftovers etc. in ours all week and were just fine.

Thanks for the quick reply...no problem with a gallon of milk and some half/half plus a few water....right? Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick reply...no problem with a gallon of milk and some half/half plus a few water....right? Thanks again.
I can also confirm- the DVC Studios have a normal mini frig that is as cold as any regular refrigerator. The confusion comes from the hotel side- which I believe got the coolers on their refurb.

I can also confirm- the DVC Studios have a normal mini frig that is as cold as any regular refrigerator. The confusion comes from the hotel side- which I believe got the coolers on their refurb.
One caveat here: the new studios at GF (the ones converted from a hotel building), only have a beverage cooler - not an actual refrigerator. Those will keep drinks cool, but won't keep milk at a safe temp for very long

Steve

When we stayed there last month it was a beverage cooler. There was no temperature dial and no little freezer compartment. Our drinks were cool but not cold. I would not put dairy in one of the pvb fridges personally.

I'd say you'd be fine, I'm just trying to picture if the shelves are the right size for a gallon size milk; might play it safe and get a half-gallon size-wise. We kept creamer, quiche (from Les Halles in the France pavillion) and cream cheese just fine.

When we were there in Feb, our room had a beverage cooler not a mini fridge. I’m guessing the fridge broke and was replaced by the cooler.

Man o man.....what were they thinking if it can't keep dairy cold.....sounds kinda stupid to cut that corner......keep the replies coming...we often enjoy in room coffee. Ugggg.

When we stayed there last month it was a beverage cooler. There was no temperature dial and no little freezer compartment. Our drinks were cool but not cold. I would not put dairy in one of the pvb fridges personally.

Were you guys in a dvc studio?

I'd say you'd be fine, I'm just trying to picture if the shelves are the right size for a gallon size milk; might play it safe and get a half-gallon size-wise. We kept creamer, quiche (from Les Halles in the France pavillion) and cream cheese just fine.

Ty. We gonna risk the botchalism!!!!(Sp?) hahahaha

We were in a DVC studio 2 weeks ago in Tokelau. We had a refrigerator and we kept a 1/2 gallon milk in there along with several can drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter