Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

When I tried that link for grocery orders, it takes me to VGF order form. I'm wondering if they're combining this service for both resorts or they just haven't u
Dated it yet. Thanks!

It may be that they haven't taken the time to make a separate list. Most of the stores at the resorts carry the same items.

Until a couple of months ago the GM for the GF was also the GM for the Poly, I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

:earsboy: Bill

When I tried that link for grocery orders, it takes me to VGF order form. I'm wondering if they're combining this service for both resorts or they just haven't u
Dated it yet. Thanks!
The former sounds plausible since they may be serviced by VGF given its a new resort.

I haven't seen this question anywhere, so I'll ask here. At some point before we bought, we were told not to count on the ability to enjoy the amenities of the Polynesian (including the volcano pool). We were allowed to use the pool now, but things might change in the future. I believe this applies to all DVC contracts, correct? I read on Tikiman's page that you will need a room key to enter the volcano pool deck. Do you think DVC members will be allowed inside the gate? We never had a problem with our Beach Club Villa DVC and stormalong bay.

I haven't seen this question anywhere, so I'll ask here. At some point before we bought, we were told not to count on the ability to enjoy the amenities of the Polynesian (including the volcano pool). We were allowed to use the pool now, but things might change in the future. I believe this applies to all DVC contracts, correct? I read on Tikiman's page that you will need a room key to enter the volcano pool deck. Do you think DVC members will be allowed inside the gate? We never had a problem with our Beach Club Villa DVC and stormalong bay.

If you are staying at PVB, you have full access. If not staying there, the reported policy is no access. This is the same as BLT and BCV. BLT requires a keycard or magic band to get in. Even then, they sometimes randomly check because some people sneak in. At BCV, they check before allowing people in.

I think they may have been referring to not count on it being available due to construction. Every DVC resort that is a sister resort to a Disney hotel allows reciprocal access (e.g. VWL/WL, AKV/AKL, BCV/Yacht Club, BLT/Contemporary, VGF/GF). If they did that for Poly (arguably the most popular hotel of these), there would be a mutiny and quite possibly a class action lawsuit. I don't see that happening. What I do see happening is a Polynesian Tower like VGF/BLT being added to Poly where the Luau is now to provide 1-3 bdrm villas. If that happens, obviously they would have to build a separate pool to support it. If they were smart, they would make such a pool equally nice as the Lava Pool to balance out demand between the two, and allow reciprocal access. I guess I could see them saying only guests in a hyothetical PVT could use it's pool, and vice versa, but I can't see them doing that for the studios/bungalows unless there was a major enhancement of the East Pool (which is being replaced, so I guess that's possible). Just my $0.02. Anyone else hear this from their guide? It's news to me.

Does anyone have any guess as to whether the lava pool will be open April 1? I was getting the impression that they are working 24/7 to get that finished before the opening, but I was reading a thread on the resorts board where a CM "told" someone it would not even be ready for their April 18 check in date. I know CMs aren't always right, though. I'm crossing my fingers, but trying to be realistic.
Daisyx3

Does anyone have any guess as to whether the lava pool will be open April 1? I was getting the impression that they are working 24/7 to get that finished before the opening, but I was reading a thread on the resorts board where a CM "told" someone it would not even be ready for their April 18 check in date. I know CMs aren't always right, though. I'm crossing my fingers, but trying to be realistic.
Daisyx3
Supposedly, the Lava Pool is slated to open on March 26th.

From Tikiman's Facebook, "Trader Sam's and the Lava pool should open March 26. The kids pool should be ready by April 1." I haven't heard anything that contradicts this.

Good news. If we can get into our room when we check in (and since we will be the first people in it, why not?) we may just skip Epcot and stay there all day. We can pick up the Epcot time during our BWV stay--maybe forget about AK completely this time.
Daisyx3

Supposedly, the Lava Pool is slated to open on March 26th.

From Tikiman's Facebook, "Trader Sam's and the Lava pool should open March 26. The kids pool should be ready by April 1." I haven't heard anything that contradicts this.
Pool was filled March 13. WL Pool was filled 3 weeks out from opening, and in similar state of completion overall. That would put opening at April 3. Unlike WL, Poly crews are working around the clock. Based on them pouring the deck now, I think April 3 is doable. March 26 is suspect.

Last edited:
We are AKV owners who just returned from our first stay in a Poly studio villa. Unlike previous trips, I had done pretty minimal planning. We had a few ADR and FP but that was it. I hadn't looked up details about the new DVC at the Poly, had totally forgotten about the new room design...Within a minute or so of entering the room (and pulling down the Lilo & Stitch murphy bed), my daughter declared this the best room ever!

We were in Pago Pago, 3rd floor, standard view (parking lot side). I didn't do any room requests other than clicking "upper floor" during online check in. It took us exactly 3 minutes to walk to the TTC, which was awesome. Express mono being closed until after 9am each day, not as awesome. The construction put a bit of a damper on our views and walk to the GCH.

And I feel totally clueless for asking this after the trip but are there any DVC community happenings at Poly? A game room or crafts or special activities?

Could someone please tell me where DVC check in is? Is it in the main building under the monorail station?

I also see there is a separate parking lot for DVC? It looks very small?

We will be checking in very late(11pm) and don't want to looking for the small signs in the dark.

Thank you very much!:love:

Check in is at the main building. To my knowledge there isn't a dedicated DVC parking lot.

:earsboy: Bill

When you enter the Poly, after passing by the guard's shack you can go left into the main Poly parking lot or straight/right into another lot that is closer to the DVC buildings. It's not DVC only, but it's the closer lot to the DVC buildings. I wouldn't park there until after checking in as it's a hike from the GCH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter