Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Here at the Poly now and have to report that the Oasis pool is a huge hit with my family. Our kids prefer the smaller/quieter pool and we prefer the awesome cabanas and pool bar. The food offerings are great as well. Please let me know if you want pics of the pool/menu!

Just returned home from a 6 night stay in Moorea lake view room 3020. I love the resort and the room but I often wonder how the rooms get so damaged so quickly. The middle drawer in the first bathroom does not open. When you pull it hard it comes right out of the cabinet, along with the ball bearings. It looks like its been that way for a while. Towel bar is barely hanging onto the wall and more than likely will come right off the wall soon. Light bulb above the sink was out. Bad staining of the pullout couch cushions. Glass shower door handle wiggles like crazy, almost feels like it may come off. And the Tiki man lamp had his hand broken off. The curtains at the sliding glass door need some kind of tie back. When you try to close the sliding glass doors the curtains ALWAYS get stuck in the door. None of these issues caused my stay to be terrible but I just can't understand how the rooms get so hammered. I also didnt report any of the issues either. I did take pictres though. On the bright side the new Oasis pool is my new favorite, great Cabanas, great pool bar and grill, drink refill station. Its just a great spot to relax and unwind even if you are not going to swim. The close proximity to TTC make transportation exceptional. And yes the boat noises are annoying especially in the early morning. So are the toilet flushes from the rooms next door. This is the second time we have stayed since last year.

Just returned home from a 6 night stay in Moorea lake view room 3020. I love the resort and the room but I often wonder how the rooms get so damaged so quickly. The middle drawer in the first bathroom does not open. When you pull it hard it comes right out of the cabinet, along with the ball bearings. It looks like its been that way for a while. Towel bar is barely hanging onto the wall and more than likely will come right off the wall soon. Light bulb above the sink was out. Bad staining of the pullout couch cushions. Glass shower door handle wiggles like crazy, almost feels like it may come off. And the Tiki man lamp had his hand broken off. The curtains at the sliding glass door need some kind of tie back. When you try to close the sliding glass doors the curtains ALWAYS get stuck in the door. None of these issues caused my stay to be terrible but I just can't understand how the rooms get so hammered. I also didnt report any of the issues either. I did take pictres though. On the bright side the new Oasis pool is my new favorite, great Cabanas, great pool bar and grill, drink refill station. Its just a great spot to relax and unwind even if you are not going to swim. The close proximity to TTC make transportation exceptional. And yes the boat noises are annoying especially in the early morning. So are the toilet flushes from the rooms next door. This is the second time we have stayed since last year.

Some people are hard on the rooms, they don't live there so they don't care or they treat their homes that way. The quality of the furnishings or workmanship might be an issue, the number of different people checking into and out of a room might also be a factor.

You should always report issues to management both resort and DVC.

:earsboy: Bill

Here at the Poly now and have to report that the Oasis pool is a huge hit with my family. Our kids prefer the smaller/quieter pool and we prefer the awesome cabanas and pool bar. The food offerings are great as well. Please let me know if you want pics of the pool/menu!

I would love to see pictures!!

First time staying at Poly for only 2 nights. Is there a thread with room views? Are they all the same? Should I request something? Thanks!

If you're staying in a standard room view then here is a list of rooms I got off another thread which can give you a slight view of MK:

Tokelau

I submitted a request to MS to add these to my reservation which they did. It will be interesting to see if I actually get one. Sorry I don't have the link to the original thread but there is one.

If you're staying in a standard room view then here is a list of rooms I got off another thread which can give you a slight view of MK:

Tokelau

I submitted a request to MS to add these to my reservation which they did. It will be interesting to see if I actually get one. Sorry I don't have the link to the original thread but there is one.

I have photos from rooms almost to the far end of Tokelau (opposite the beach end) that can still see the castle and fireworks so there are many more than just those. XX14 and XX15 are the two corner rooms so they have the best view but there are many all the way down the west side that still can see the castle and have a nice view of the Oasis pool. I have some of the photos sent to me from those rooms in the album on my Tokelau page.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/tokelau-deluxe-studios

I do have a standard view room booked. I ended up getting Pago Pago because the room was ready at 12:30 pm when we arrived and we were exhausted having been up since 4 am traveling. Parking lot view (and monorail)....but the proximity to the pathway to the TTC and monorail access and Ferry access is second-to-none. I think I'll almost trade a nicer view for being SO SO close to the TTC. The pathway is like a 5 min walk at most. Happy camper here!

Last edited:
I do have a standard view room booked. I ended up getting Pago Pago because the room was ready at 12:30 pm when we arrived and we were exhausted having been up since 4 am traveling. Parking lot view (and monorail)....but the proximity to the pathway to the TTC and monorail access and Ferry access is second-to-none. I think I'll almost trade a nicer view for being SO SO close to the TTC. The pathway is like a 5 min walk at most. Happy camper here!

I'm glad your enjoying your stay. That walk from Pago Pago is even less than that. Its a 5 minute walk from Hawaii to the TTC, for you its less than a minute to go from your building to the TTC. Enjoy your stay.

I'm glad your enjoying your stay. That walk from Pago Pago is even less than that. Its a 5 minute walk from Hawaii to the TTC, for you its less than a minute to go from your building to the TTC. Enjoy your stay.
I agree.....I overestimated (which I do at times to account for elderly or those with young kids). My hubby and I are 50-53 but fast walkers!). Great location!

I agree with you. I'll trade the view for the shorter walk. When I am in the room I do not spend a lot of time enjoyingg the view-I am resting from the miles of walking! We do enjoy a room where we can see fireworks. This will be our first visit to Poly since we bought a few months ago. Our first resort is VGF, and fireworks are easy to see from there. We have also watched fireworks from the top of Bay Lake.

PLEASE let DVC know of these issues, otherwise it may only get worse. IMO The Poly mgt team and housekeeping team is lacking on focus when it comes to maintaining the Villa's. While some guests can be hard on the studios, things like shower door handle or cleaning of stains etc... need to be addressed.

my sister joined the DVC family after our last trip to the World and added my parents and myself to her account, she bought into the Poly and we're so excited! Really wish they had a 1 bedroom suite since buying 2 deluxe studios would reduce the number of days that we could go but we can always stay at one of the other DVC properties, so excited to join the community and this thread to learn more tips and tricks about our new home resort! :)

KovuLover :simba:

my sister joined the DVC family after our last trip to the World and added my parents and myself to her account, she bought into the Poly and we're so excited! Really wish they had a 1 bedroom suite since buying 2 deluxe studios would reduce the number of days that we could go but we can always stay at one of the other DVC properties, so excited to join the community and this thread to learn more tips and tricks about our new home resort! :)

Actually a 1BR usually has similar points requirements for a 1BR as two studios as they are similar in square footage.

Actually a 1BR usually has similar points requirements for a 1BR as two studios as they are similar in square footage.

Looking at the 2016/17 DVC points book, a Poly deluxe during the slowest season with a standard view is 118 for the week. To get 2 rooms, that would be 236 for the week. For Saratoga for a 1 bedroom for a week during the same season, it would be 178. Old Key West is 157. Boardwalk is 154. Beach is 197. Bay Lake is 194. Animal Kingdom Standard is 162. Heck GF is only 11 points more at 247 for the same time period. See what I mean? It's not comparable for us at all. With our yearly points and the flex 24 points, we can stay at every resort except for GF a 1 bedroom for a week and then some for most but we can't afford two deluxe rooms at the Poly for a week. It's a bummer that we'll never get to stay at our home resort unless we skip and bank a year but there are plenty of other resorts options for us to look into and enjoy 50 years of vacations. :)

I stayed in 3020 after you and I didn't notice the majority of these issues. Totally not meant the way that sounds.

My optimistic part hopes that some or most did get fixed. Or I'm not as observant as I thought. I wonder if the curtain issue did get addressed somehow as I was in and out that door hundreds of times.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Tikiman's hand, I did see. It made me laugh. I know that's completely wrong - completely, I honestly do care about the condition of our rooms. But even typing I'm laughing because I think I literally said to him on arrival "Oh no! What the hell happened to you?". :rotfl2: One can only imagine.

dp all the studios have a full balcony or do some have a small stand up only "balcony"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter