Polynesian CRUSHING Copper Creek in direct sales

A bunch of the people I've seen making that argument would need to add on for that, so we'll see. There's a reason they're saying ONE studio will be fine, and that's because they didn't buy points for two. This seems to be happening with people purchasing the "sleeps 5" studios, anecdotally.

We're in this group. Our kids are 16, 14 and 10. We have no problem with studios, or with POR, for that matter. We don't hang in the room. We're at the parks or exploring the resort. Not everyone buys DVC for bigger rooms.

Just going out on a limb, but could it also be the aesthetics of the resort that discourages people? We looked at CC and were not impressed. We were hoping for rustic, along the lines of Wilderness Lodge. Akin to northern California and PNW environments that we know and grew up with. What CC looks like is a hipster Seattle PNW attempt at rustic. It turned us off. Nothing draws us is as being "Disney" or unique.
I own VWL, and while the new look at CCVC is modern rustic, I'm with you--nothing there quite speaks to me as VWL originally did. In fact, the latest refurb for VWL a few years back did the same thing: made the homage to the northwest inns and lodges more like something out of a modern architect's play book to mass production of semi-wilderness motif. Between that, the issue about number of guests in rooms (though building structure dictated it, still a deal-breaker for many), and the high cost of points (though expected), it's no wonder that CCVC sales may be lagging. However, any comparison is always going to be dependent upon data, summations, and surmising that can be skewed any number of directions.

This dosemt surprise me at all. Everyone was psyched for the poly DVC. Like PP have said it had a cult following. After my stay in a lake view studio I can see why. Poly lake view studio is my new favorite Dvc room.

CCV..... there was no demand for that... WLV was already there so quite frankly I am amazed they even built a new Dvc right next to Dvc.
And to build a new Dvc studio that sleeps 4 and then build the cabins with a less than desirable bedding situation for very high points. Makes NO sense to me but hey... what do I know lol
Kerri

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the people who are insisting that squeezing 3 teens and 2 adults in Poly 15 years from now will still be perfect, if it really is still perfect.

Second shower aside, my thought is nothing is perfect when 3 teens are involved. Let alone a small space.

But if you were FORCED to stay in a studio with 2 adults and 3 teens, Poly would the best choice BY FAR within DVC (2 showers, most space, transportation, etc.). Would you disagree?

And you are once again conveniently overlooking the options of connecting studios, which for many familes 2 connecting studios is a much better value than a 1 bedroom elsewhere, as I've previously outlined why. I see nothing inconvenient with 3 teens having their own studio with 2 showers and the parents having their own studio that they can open or shut the connecting door whenever they please.

If anything it will give the parents a sense of added privacy and the kids a sense of added responsibility. I know as a teen I'd rather have my own studio than share a 1 bedroom with my parents any day. And as grown ups I'd feel much more secure getting our "grown up" on with the privacy of our own studio as opposed to a bedroom door.

A bunch of the people I've seen making that argument would need to add on for that, so we'll see. There's a reason they're saying ONE studio will be fine, and that's because they didn't buy points for two. This seems to be happening with people purchasing the "sleeps 5" studios, anecdotally.

This doesn't make sense though.... because if you were only getting enough points for 1 studio because you could only afford 1 studio and only planned on staying in studios, then it doesn't matter that the resort doesn't have 1 or 2 bedroom options. And if you had to/planned on squeezing 5 into a studio regularly than Poly is clearly the no brainer best choice for that.

And.... if you don't have enough points for connecting studios you therefore don't have enough points for 1 or 2 bedrooms.

Or maybe your in my position, and live in California and don't plan coming to Florida EVERY single year but every 2 years sometimes. I only have enough for 1 studio 1 week PER USE YEAR... but Poly gives you the option to squeeze 5 in a studio if you want to go every year, but let's say we want to go every 2 years. You just bank or borrow and get connecting rooms, just like you would bank or borrow to get a one or two bedroom.... so am I thoroughly confused on what only having enough points for a studio one week a year has to do with this conversation.

CCV..... there was no demand for that... WLV was already there so quite frankly I am amazed they even built a new Dvc right next to Dvc.
And to build a new Dvc studio that sleeps 4 and then build the cabins with a less than desirable bedding situation for very high points. Makes NO sense to me but hey... what do I know lol
Kerri
Ah, but it was long believed that WL consistently underperformed in terms of occupancy rate. If there's one thing DVC does is fill the rooms. While it makes no sense on one level to put in studios that don't sleep 5, that doesn't mean it won't work for many others. It may take awhile, but CCVC will sell out, and they'll have the money from those who buy it, and the chronic occupancy issue at WL will be relieved.

I took a tour of the Poly bungalows. (I have stayed in a studio there so I skipped that part of the tour). I whined about the weird bathroom setup at Poly studios. To ME, 1 1/2 bathrooms is 2 toilets, not 2 showers. (It is easier for a group to schedule shower times than potty times).

Guide told me, they had plans to build 1 and 2 BR. Their hands were tied by local government restrictions, environmental things, limits on additional sewer lines or something. They could not knock down the building and build new, had to renovate so it was grandfathered in.

I had 4 kids traveling with us when we bought in, so Poly would never have worked for us. CC would have been fine, since we were booking 2BRS anyway.

One thing I have told friends, is that it would be easier to book CC with Poly points, vs booking Poly with CC points. So if you like both, you might want to buy at Poly. Personally, I love both and my next trip in 4 weeks is CC, and next summer Poly.

In the future they should build 1BR, with 2 bathrooms, that sleep 6. Not as comfortably as a 2BR of course.

Fact is, people will buy what they guides sell them because Disney and DVD are great at selling their products. Once PVB sells out, CCV will suddenly be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and people will buy in droves. Then Riviera will open and CCV will be 75% sold so you'd better buy now before it's sold out forever! Then DVC #16 will go on sale, Riviera will be almost sold out, and you know what the guides will tell you about Riviera at that point.

It's the cirrrrrrrrrrrcle of DVC. And is moves (most of) us all.

I know when I first got into dvc I thought I will always stay in a studio. Now I only stay in one bedrooms. A lot of other people probably think they only will want a studio and Polynesian will be just fine.
Plus it's Polynesian everyone sees how nice of a resort it is. Copper creek you don't see it. You have to go out of your way to see it.

Sure we can disagree. But if everyone only bought resale, the price of resale would rise until it approached that of direct. We are seeing this now. I have toyed with the idea of buying Poly -- but with the price @ $145 vs $176 direct, resale isn't doing it for me. I would buy direct for the $30 more. Now BLT under $100, I would buy resale. But you can't get that now so it's moot. Both options have a place so I feel your statement is overgeneralizing to say that anyone who buys direct is uninformed and/or uneducated. I know people who have bought direct, and they are not uninformed, nor uneducated.

ETA...
You should never buy a new car because they lose 1/2 their value when you drive off the lot. However, lots of educated, informed buyers buy new cars.
You should never buy a soda from a machine for $3 because you can get a case for that at Costco. However, lots of educated, informed buyers still buy soda.
With many things in life, getting the absolute cheapest price is not necessarily the driving factor.
Timeshares wouldn't exist without retail buyers certainly and most that buy them shouldn't. Comparing to a new cars, a timeshare is really a used car.

Just purchased PVB direct today after returning from a 16 day stay with my two adult sons. It was our first stay in a studio. It was a little tight but tolerable due to the 1.5 bath. Having a single toilet wasn't an issue and having my own sink and shower helped us all keep our sanity when getting ready. Next year, all three of my sons and my DIL will be traveling with me. As much as I'd prefer a two bedroom at AKV (where I also own), two studios will allow me to stretch my points and be a quick monorail ride away from Epcot during F&W.

CCV didn't appeal to me at all.

I know when I first got into dvc I thought I will always stay in a studio. Now I only stay in one bedrooms. A lot of other people probably think they only will want a studio and Polynesian will be just fine.
Plus it's Polynesian everyone sees how nice of a resort it is. Copper creek you don't see it. You have to go out of your way to see it.

Similar to you, we thought we'd always stay in 1BR. Now only 2Br will do! DVC has spoiled us for sure.

Just purchased PVB direct today after returning from a 16 day stay with my two adult sons. It was our first stay in a studio. It was a little tight but tolerable due to the 1.5 bath. Having a single toilet wasn't an issue and having my own sink and shower helped us all keep our sanity when getting ready. Next year, all three of my sons and my DIL will be traveling with me. As much as I'd prefer a two bedroom at AKV (where I also own), two studios will allow me to stretch my points and be a quick monorail ride away from Epcot during F&W.

Not for nothing, but as far as I can tell there is no season in which two standard studios at Poly would be cheaper than a standard two-bedroom at AKV. Savanna View is more than standard Poly, but still cheaper than two Lake View rooms. Of course there's always the location factor.

Not for nothing, but as far as I can tell there is no season in which two standard studios at Poly would be cheaper than a standard two-bedroom at AKV. Savanna View is more than standard Poly, but still cheaper than two Lake View rooms. Of course there's always the location factor.

As rowrbazzle pointed out the Value, Standard and Savannah view AKV 2BR's are all cheaper than two Poly lakeview studios in any season. And the AKV value and standard view 2BR's are all cheaper than two PVB Standard view studios in every season. And during Magic season the Savannah view AKV 2BR is virtually the same as 2 PVB standard view studios - just 11 points more for a week. So if stretching the points is one of the main goals AKV does that better than PVB when comparing 2BR's vs 2 studios plus you get all the additional amenities of the 2BR. And - much less up front investment required - lower price per point for AKV if purchased resale (even direct I believe) and you could actually get buy with fewer points.

Poly has always been a popular resort for cash paying guests and has better name recognition. It’s been around as long as WDW itself. Unless you go visit CC or you follow DVC news you really don’t know what it is. Many guests know of Poly and have probably passed through even if they never stayed there.

Photos do not do the Copper Creek villas justice, the two bedroom is stunning. My new favorite. Extremely well laid out and so much storage. If I could find some extra money laying around I would buy more points there in a heartbeat.

Seems reasonable to conclude that Poly would have been even more popular if it had offered One, Two and Three Bedroom villas.

The Poly has always been a popular destination, though I am surprised by its recent performance. Nevertheless, I don't think consumers are drawn to it in greater numbers BECAUSE it only has studios (and bungalows.)

I notice that studios seem to be the hardest to get all over property, so it makes sense that one with so many studios sells well. Maybe disney will keep that in mind and build more studios in future buildings.

But if you were FORCED to stay in a studio with 2 adults and 3 teens, Poly would the best choice BY FAR within DVC (2 showers, most space, transportation, etc.). Would you disagree?

And you are once again conveniently overlooking the options of connecting studios, which for many familes 2 connecting studios is a much better value than a 1 bedroom elsewhere, as I've previously outlined why. I see nothing inconvenient with 3 teens having their own studio with 2 showers and the parents having their own studio that they can open or shut the connecting door whenever they please.

If anything it will give the parents a sense of added privacy and the kids a sense of added responsibility. I know as a teen I'd rather have my own studio than share a 1 bedroom with my parents any day. And as grown ups I'd feel much more secure getting our "grown up" on with the privacy of our own studio as opposed to a bedroom door.

And more real beds than a one bedroom

I notice that studios seem to be the hardest to get all over property, so it makes sense that one with so many studios sells well. Maybe disney will keep that in mind and build more studios in future buildings.

Collectively it would seem that they could still use more DVC Studios at WDW. But individually, it’s a given that Poly sales would have been even better with One and Two Bedroom villas.

On tour at Poly, we were told that they planned a new building, plans were rejected. I asked about the weird bathrooms with only one toilet. They said they were not allowed to add more toilets to the old Poly building. Their hands were tied.

We are at CC right now. Absolutely beautiful, I love it here, we are in a 1BR. We own at BCV but I think I like it here better......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!