• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly Tower Speculation

Great what is the Florida statute that makes them do All of this…
Florida statues only govern timeshare sales in Florida. They have to file in every state (and Canadian province) in which they want to sell a new timeshare. Each of those entities has its own laws re timeshare sales. If someone calls from a state where they haven't filed, Disney can't talk to them.

Florida statues only govern timeshare sales in Florida. They have to file in every state (and Canadian province) in which they want to sell a new timeshare. Each of those entities has its own laws re timeshare sales. If someone calls from a state where they haven't filed, Disney can't talk to them.
I would assume they have done that for the Cabins at Wilderness lodge?
i would also assume that these filings are fairly boiler plate?

I also don't buy that it is too expensive for Disney to undertake, considering what they spent to build the tower itself.

I just don't buy the argument that Disney can't afford to make this a new association if it wanted to

I would assume they have done that for the Cabins at Wilderness lodge?
i would also assume that these filings are fairly boiler plate?

I also don't buy that it is too expensive for Disney to undertake, considering what they spent to build the tower itself.

I just don't buy the argument that Disney can't afford to make this a new association if it wanted to

They did indeed have to do it for when BPK went on sale. The day before I got a call from my guide saying that they were still waiting on NY to approve and that hoped they had it by days end.

But to be prepared since he would not be able to call me first thing if it didn’t come through.

So, I doesn’t seem that it would require more to get approval whether it is new or existing.

However, as I have said, with the way it is being reported all over the place as confirmed to be part of PVB, DVD would have put out a statement if they wanted to quiet that message. They did not…so I think the only way it changes is if something unforeseen happens.

They did indeed have to do it for when BPK went on sale. The day before I got a call from my guide saying that they were still waiting on NY to approve and that hoped they had it by days end.

But to be prepared since he would not be able to call me first thing if it didn’t come through.

So, I doesn’t seem that it would require more to get approval whether it is new or existing.

However, as I have said, with the way it is being reported all over the place as confirmed to be part of PVB, DVD would have put out a statement if they wanted to quiet that message. They did not…so I think the only way it changes is if something unforeseen happens.
If that is the case why do the guides have no information?

Mine told me not to believe everything I read on the internet....

You would think, that at the very least they would be allowed to acknowledge the statement.... but maybe not

If that is the case why do the guides have no information?

Mine told me not to believe everything I read on the internet....

You would think, that at the very least they would be allowed to acknowledge the statement.... but maybe not

Mine said the same thing and also wouldn’t even acknowledge it.

However, I think allowing fan sites, including people here on the DIS, continue to say it’s confirmed and will be part of PVB is a big clue that they want that to be the message even though officially they are not allowing their guides to confirm it.

I’ll admit I am still pretty shocked that they went this way because it doesn’t seem to fit the narrative of the past few years, especially since they went out of their way to keep it so secret.

The reason that they have been vague may be that what happens is that the new tower joins the PVB association but then all points are declared in DVC2, the trust association.

I think back to last year when the slide in the presentation said it was PVB. I argued at the time that it was not a mistake. I think there were some bread crumbs all along.
We are at WDW this week and I asked at a kiosk yesterday and the guides working were excited about the announcement.

Multiple websites are now stating as a fact that the tower will be part of the same association. If this is not the case I would expect someone from Disney to issue a clarification along the lines of “wait a minute, that’s not what we were saying. All we were saying was that the new tower at the Polynesian is, indeed, at the Polynesian”.
Like they've done about zero times before this...

A few weeks ago I posted, mostly tongue in cheek, that people would not believe it if Disney came out and said the new building will be part of the same association.
Low and behold, there are actually people saying exactly that. 🤣🤣🤣
From the post-meeting reception:
"Just spoke with Yvonne Chang during the reception about Poly Towers some more. She stressed that the plan to make it part of the current poly association could change. They haven’t filed anything yet and have a way to go."

Mine said the same thing and also wouldn’t even acknowledge it.

However, I think allowing fan sites, including people here on the DIS, continue to say it’s confirmed and will be part of PVB is a big clue that they want that to be the message even though officially they are not allowing their guides to confirm it.

I’ll admit I am still pretty shocked that they went this way because it doesn’t seem to fit the narrative of the past few years, especially since they went out of their way to keep it so secret.
Realistically, All the rhetoric is linked to one vague statement,

Anything on fan sites is still only hearsay and speculation of a very vague non-descript statement.

Again, not discrediting your viewpoint; however, if they come out and say anything about the statement, either way, the fan sites will go insane, and DVC will look stupid

notwithstanding Chapek's blunder, Disney execs don't usually speak out of turn

The statement could have been as much about market research as it was about data release.

but they could let the story run on the fan sites and see how people feel

If Chang made a frank statement why not say " The new tower will be part of the existing association!"

Why qualify the statement?

And then once the statement was made, or knowing the statement was going to be made, why not give the guides something to run with?

Personally, that statement created more questions than it answered.

Weill, as I said in the other thread, I am shocked…it makes no sense to me. However, I do also agree that it certihaly was worded enough of a way to allow them an out.

But, to me, it makes the whole resale restriction model weaker and if I am someone buying, I’d be chancing it resale.

It also makes me wonder if they are considering getting rid of them and that we may see them removed.

How do you sell RIV, VDH, and FW cabins with them and Poly tower without? Who knows…except I no longer need to consider buying it.

Last edited:
The reason that they have been vague may be that what happens is that the new tower joins the PVB association but then all points are declared in DVC2, the trust association.
Could they do this to current contracts or would they be grandfathered?

Maybe less likelihood to "eat at home" ???
LOL, made me remember when SSR opened with only the Artist’s Palette QS, DVC got more than a few complaints that there wasn’t a table service restaurant! I wonder whether they got similar complaints at OKW when designing BWV and decided that DVC owners wanted to eat “out,” not “in”!

Maybe less likelihood to "eat at home" ???
Wish this was true.....
I hate it when the kitchen dishes follow us on vacation,
yet, somehow my wife always seems to make cereal bowls fill the sink, even on vacation

Last edited:
Surprised no one has posted this yet but the wait is over. The entire Poly expansion tower inventory coming to DVC in late 2024 will utilize the current condominium association at the Polynesian. No new or second Poly association. During a Q&A session on Thursday, December 7th, DVC explicitly answered the question.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-delivers-excellent-news-about-the-polynesian/
I'm surprised you haven't heard, but that has been debated none stop since Thursday.

and many would take issue with your use of the word "explicitly."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter