Poly or GF with 3 generations?

Golden Rose

Princess by Choice
We're currently planning two WDW vacations (lucky us!) with three generations - my mom (in her early 60's), me and my husband (in our 30's), and our son (2 for the first trip, 3 by the second.) We're staying at the BWI (in a Garden Suite) this September with free dining. We're trying to figure out the best way to do a short trip next May.

We would like to stay in a monorail hotel, since we have never done so and we think it will be great for the 3 yr old. Based on what we have heard about the hotels, we think we would like to stay either at the GF or at the Poly, and I would love some advice from those of you experienced vacationers there.

We're either going to need two rooms or one room with at least two bathrooms. We would slightly rather have a larger room with two bathrooms (hence the Garden Suite for our first trip), particularly since suites tend to be concierge level. We would like to have at least a lagoon view and probably a MK view. My mom likes to spend the heat of the afternoon either swimming or resting in the room, preferably with a nice view to entertain her.

I really don't have a clue which hotel is likely to be better for us. My mom is a huge fan of Hawaii and has been many times, so I know she would love the landscaping at the Poly, but it might feel too fake Hawaii for her. Or she might love it, I just don't know. I also don't have a clue which is likely to be better for a three year old boy. Neither one strikes me as one of the more kid-oriented resorts as far as fun theming goes, but I've never stayed at either. (Heck, the only time I've been to the GF was for dinner one night.)

I know we're likely to enjoy either, I just wonder which one is likely to best meet our rather diverse needs.

Thanks in advance!

In my opinion, you and your family would like the Polynesian better. That is what we have picked for our trip with my MIL, I know she'll like it.

~Simon :)

Tikiman's website has some great info about the different rooms. I love the Poly and I think it is much better than GF.

Okay so the link is blocked for some reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter