Poly or G.F

my3girls

Earning My Ears
We are going the first week in September 2005. I have priced 7 nights at both resorts with MYW, park hopper option and dining option, both rooms are lagoon view. The price difference is less than $100. Which would you choose? We have 3 girls ages 13,9 and 8.
Thanks, Lori :earseek:

We enjoyed the Poly. Love the whole look of the Great Ceremonial House, kids loved the volcano pool setting, nice shops, beautiful rooms, gorgeous foiliage, Kona Cafe, 'Ohana, and the Luau.

GF is nice, more formal (just our impression, of course), shops are more trendy ($$$), restaurants are okay with the exceptin of Narcoossee's which is excellent. Not that anything was srong, but for some reason, we just didn't feel comfortable here.

Why don't you try and split your stay between both resorts. I would start at the Poly and then move to the GF. Its a fun way to try both!

Another vote for the POLY. We've stayed at both and enjoyed the Poly more, hands down. By all means go see (and eat at) the GF - the lobby is spectacular - but the Poly still ranks as our best hotel yet.

My girls love the GF! After out stay at the Poly they were like, okay, done that. They still ask to go back to the GF.

We love GF although Poly is nice too. We particularly like the relaxed atmosphere of GF. They also have the afternoon tea which is particularly nice for girls. MK is the first stop on the monorail after GF if that makes any difference to you.

Tough choice. The two don't even compare, IMO. Except for the fact they are both deluxe resorts. With the difference being only $100 I would go with Grand Floridian. I have never stayed at Poly, but it just seems old and worn out to me. Grand Floridian is beautiful!!!! And if you can splurge for a lagoon view room, the view of MK and the castle is simply breathtaking.

We stayed at GF with our extended family in Oct 03 and liked it very much. But don't assume that your 'lagoon view' will have a view of the castle. Our lagoon view looked out toward Poly. Fine but don't want you to be disappointed.

I wrestled with the same decision for my September 2005 trip (first to WDW)and ultimately decided on the Poly. The GF looks beautiful and I am sure that I would like the room and grounds. However, I have heard numerous complaints of surly and indifferent CMs at GF while the CMs at the Poly usually get rave reviews. I have also wanted to stay at the Poly since I was a kid.

I recommend that you read all relevant trip reports on the DIS Board and check out the resort reviews on TripAdvisor.com. You might also want to look at the Tikiman website to get an in-depth introduction to the Poly. The URL is

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter