Poly building in Sept?

wtrowbridge

Mouseketeer
My family is traveling to WDW 9/7-9/15 and will be staying at the Poly for the first time. Between all 12 of us, we have three rooms. I can't keep up with all the threads of new construction, which buildings are the best, etc. lol

I was wondering if anyone could make suggestions on which building I shuold request for us given our circumstances.

We will need 3 rooms, all standard view. We have requesting connecting, but that isn't a deal breaker. We will have 6 kids under the age of 8 with us (two of which are babies). While a great view of something would be cool, we aren't opposed to walking to the pool or beach for fireworks and a view isn't of the utmost importance because we don't plan on being in our room for much more than sleeping.

I do anticipate having very tired children both first thing in the mornings and in the late evenings when we are returning for the parks, so I do think quick and easy access to the monorail would help with that. However, we don't want an overly busy, noisy area either or else the adults in the bunch may have a hard time sleeping.

LOL, see my dilema? Because I have never been there and don't even know the layout well, beyond looking at website maps, I am just so confused on what to pick, especially with not knowing what buildings even offer the best standard view rooms.

I do anticipate having very tired children both first thing in the mornings and in the late evenings when we are returning for the parks, so I do think quick and easy access to the monorail would help with that. However, we don't want an overly busy, noisy area either or else the adults in the bunch may have a hard time sleeping.

Rarotonga and Niue are the two closest to the monorail. Niue is in a great location but it is only two stories and doesn't have balconies, which is why you rarely see it mentioned. Niue also doesn't have an elevator but the second floor has a walkway to Rarotonga.

AOTEAROA has standard rooms with views of the monorail and beautiful greenery. It is a very tolerable short distance to both pool, motor launch and monorail for tired short twitterpated legs following MK visits, but not so close to the TTC EPCOT monorail path and the bus stop. More centrally located is the big TOKELAU as a good alternative to the extreme ends. No matter where you stay, the stroll anywhere to anywhere is just enchanting and for us is part of the magic.

I like Samoa and Nuie, although Nuie is(was) undergoing renovations and I'm not sure it will be done by September. Samoa is a great choice I think because it is very close to the GCH and the pools. Also close to the boat launch. The only thing it is far from is the TTC(EPCOT) monorail, BUT if you want to be close to that you will be far from everything else at the resort.Also, Samoa has been renovated and the rooms are really nice. Bathrooms are tremendous with lots of counter space and two sinks. Hope this helps.

Yeah, i am trying to keep an eye on rennovation reports to know which longhouses have been rennovated by the time we arrive on Sept. 7 and to determine what woukd be our first choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter