Poly / BC in January / February?

shm_helene

Mouseketeer
We love both of these resorts, but, not sure how much it makes sense to do in the colder months. I LOVE the proximity to parks, but was just looking for thoughts on visiting these resorts in the colder months. TIA!

We love both of these resorts, but, not sure how much it makes sense to do in the colder months. I LOVE the proximity to parks, but was just looking for thoughts on visiting these resorts in the colder months. TIA!

I think it really depends on whether or not you're pool folks. Disney keeps the pools heated but getting out of them into the cold is absolutely miserable. I didn't even like it when I stayed at BC over Veterans Day one year. On the bright side, you won't deal with the "people soup" stuff at the Poly Lava Pool and SAB will be far less obnoxious during the colder months.

Depending on the length of your trip, a split would be great. I very much enjoyed my GF/YC split last year, because I only ever had to bus to AK. Staying on Crescent Lake is also fabulous for festival season, so if you'll be there for Festival of the Arts, that's something to consider.

We're headed to Poly in January. And we intend to take full advantage of a mostly empty Lava Pool. But we're from the Northeast and open the pool at Memorial Day with temps in the 60s. I can't imagine it would be any worse than that.

Is it these two resorts vs another resort in particular? Or just these two or nothing (so more time-of-year related). Florida weather in this season is hard to predict and can go either way. By the second week of March (when we go for our annual Spring visit) it's usually pretty nice and highly swimmable (can get to upper 70s to low 80s on good days -- yes, with the occasional 65 day). So if you can push it towards the end of February your odds of swimmable weather increase at least.

I think it really depends on what your touring plan is. I went in early Feb. of this year (stayed at the Swan), primarily for FotA and it was the perfect location to simply walk back and forth to EP every day to go to the booths, see the Broadway concerts, etc. It was freezing and raining the whole time I was there, so, personally, I wouldn't be making a pool my primary factor of resort choice (though I'm sure some people were still swimming). I would pick the resort that is closest to the park/s you will be visiting most.

We did a Polynesian/Beach Club split in April. I preferred the Poly. Stormalong bay was just really big. Our daughter loved it but I hated how I had to climb over the bridges to get to things.

But the location of the beach club is great

Poly and YC (and to a lesser external BC but sort of the same thing) lover here. I’m a tropical drink/sit in the warm sun kind of person… that’s really when Poly shines in my mind. It’s not my favorite place in the depths of the potential colder months.

I think I would like BC better as cooler months can mean longer time spent at Epcot, DHS, just enjoying the walkable Epcot resort areas…. So walkable convenience from BC would be appealing. I also like that Epcot arts festival so quick walks there fit the bill.

Personally CR is my cooler weather resort of choice, but that’s just me.

Should we meet up? I have a trip booked early February at Poly. I'm excited but feeling odd about it. I can't pinpoint the reason, just a bit uneasy. We visited last year the same time and stayed at YC. I guess my heart is at EPCOT area resorts. This (hopefully) won't be our last trip, so I know I'll be able to try BWI CL - my new dream. (Although the lack of a chef is giving me pause).
Our theme this time is trying new things that we haven't done before, so that's why we are trying Poly. (It is a bit of a stretch as we stayed there many moons ago, but this time sans kids!) Our previous three trips have been BC, BC, YC.
I'm following along as to what others will say and checking if anything else pops up!

I've done both during the summer months. I don't think I would do Poly in the winter but since BC is my favorite resort I would go there in the winter. I just love the walk to Epcot and DHS. It can't be beat and I love the Epcot area vibe. Honestly for that time of year I would most likely choose whichever Epcot area resort is the cheapest and take into consideration Swan and Dolphin.

We've also done Disney in March and November a few times. We did CBR, BWV and CSR for this November. Each time we've done those months it's been warm enough to swim and we did early March twice. I agree with PP that if you do later February you have a better chance for swimming weather.

Our kids have swam both in late December and mid-February and loved it. We even did a resort only pool trip once in 2020 the week before Christmas. Just depends on the weather.

Is it these two resorts vs another resort in particular? Or just these two or nothing (so more time-of-year related). Florida weather in this season is hard to predict and can go either way. By the second week of March (when we go for our annual Spring visit) it's usually pretty nice and highly swimmable (can get to upper 70s to low 80s on good days -- yes, with the occasional 65 day). So if you can push it towards the end of February your odds of swimmable weather increase at least.
Hey there! Sorry, that was a bored at work on Friday post :) Those two vs. others in the sense that if I'm not using the pools, not sure I can justify the cost, you know? I mean I LOVE the proximity, but, its a lot of money.

Should we meet up? I have a trip booked early February at Poly. I'm excited but feeling odd about it. I can't pinpoint the reason, just a bit uneasy. We visited last year the same time and stayed at YC. I guess my heart is at EPCOT area resorts. This (hopefully) won't be our last trip, so I know I'll be able to try BWI CL - my new dream. (Although the lack of a chef is giving me pause).
Our theme this time is trying new things that we haven't done before, so that's why we are trying Poly. (It is a bit of a stretch as we stayed there many moons ago, but this time sans kids!) Our previous three trips have been BC, BC, YC.
I'm following along as to what others will say and checking if anything else pops up!
Poly is my absolute favorite resort, it just feels more relaxed and less chaotic than the others to me (but that might just be me!). Enjoy it! My kids LOVE the monorail (even at 11 and 9)

Poly and YC (and to a lesser external BC but sort of the same thing) lover here. I’m a tropical drink/sit in the warm sun kind of person… that’s really when Poly shines in my mind. It’s not my favorite place in the depths of the potential colder months.

I think I would like BC better as cooler months can mean longer time spent at Epcot, DHS, just enjoying the walkable Epcot resort areas…. So walkable convenience from BC would be appealing. I also like that Epcot arts festival so quick walks there fit the bill.

Personally CR is my cooler weather resort of choice, but that’s just me.
We also like to relax with a drink, mainly non-alcoholic during an afternoon break from the parks. At Beach Club you don't need to go outdoors to a different building to refill your resort mug (like you do at Poly), and if the weather is questionable they have a really nice solarium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!