Poll: Should WDW charge for parking at the Resorts?

Should WDW charge for parking an if yes then who should be charged?

• No, nobody should be charged to park.

• Yes, but NOT DVC members.

• Yes, Everyone to control parking and the increase revenue.

• Yes, but only off site guests.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wonder, since Disney is now using non-Disney personelle for valet parking, if this is the first step to begin charging for parking at the resorts?

I'm phiilosophically opposed to paying for parking, so this will really cramp my style!:goodvibes

I look at it like this. If Disney did start to charge, they would have a fee of say $10.00 a day. I do not know how many parking spaces we are talking about here but I can venture a guess that whatever they charge is going to be a bonanza to them and not just a cost calculated to cover the expense of the lots. Those lots are already built and paid for and were factored into the cost of building the resorts. The room rates to help pay for the parking lots and the guard stations at each are already factured into the cost also. Now if WDW were to say decreased the room rates or tickets by the increase in the revenue generated by the gold mine of charging the parking fee, I might be inclined to aggree but they won't. Disney stands to make millians each year if they started charging and I will bet a dime to a dollar they would not pass one red cent onto us in the form of reduced fee's on on tickets or room rates...smjj

heck with DME that they could charge for and don't. I just can't see it.

of course, with DME there is less cars and therefore less pollution. So they could say it was to discourage people driving.

I voted for off-site guests only to pay. Disney needs to continue to offer incentives for people to stay on property, and this is one way to do that...as well as elminate "illegal" parking at monorail resorts, etc.

Most DME guests don't bother renting a car. We don't do bad things like shopping or dining offsite. I could see Disney charging for parking and using the revenue to offset DME costs.

I'm not sure how this enters into DVC properties. DVC guests don't pay for valet parking and they might be exempt from any self-parking fees. I guess Disney could just allocate most of the DVC parking revenue back to DVC to defray maintenance costs.

heck with DME that they could charge for and don't. I just can't see it.

of course, with DME there is less cars and therefore less pollution. So they could say it was to discourage people driving.

Sometimes we're off site and want Tonga Toast so we go to the Poly for breakfast. I wouldn't pay to park to eat. We've AP so we could park at MK, but that seems like too much work before breakfast. They should enforce the time limit and tow! I suppose charging is easier for them. I vote "no parking fee."
rwc

Okay, so how the heck would they do this at OKW? Would they charge you for a car ticket? If so, what about folks who come in to dine at Olivia's? I can't imagine anyone would come to OKW just to dine at Olivia's if they had to pay for parking! To me, that is kind of like the comfortable down the street diner, and I wouldn't pay to park for that.

Most DME guests don't bother renting a car. We don't do bad things like shopping or dining offsite. I could see Disney charging for parking and using the revenue to offset DME costs.

It's all part of Disney's super secret master plan. Offer DME free to on-site guests to hold them ""hostage" on property. Start charging everyone resort parking to encourage MORE on-site guests to use the free DME and more off-site guests to finally consider paying for on-site as "worth it."

Get everyone to use DME and NEVER leave WDW property!

And finally if they are very devious, they could start charging for DME after a few years when everyone is relying on it! ;) :rolleyes1 popcorn::

Those lots are already built and paid for and were factored into the cost of building the resorts.
Please understand that that's irrelevant.

Now if WDW were to say decreased the room rates or tickets by the increase in the revenue generated by the gold mine of charging the parking fee, I might be inclined to aggree
It depends on why they're assessing the parking fee. To the extent it is reflective of unrealized value, then they shouldn't decrease room rates or tickets. Otherwise, plan on it being reflected in a lower price increase/rate increase, next time there is to be a price increase/rate increase.

Disney stands to make millians each year if they started charging and I will bet a dime to a dollar they would not pass one red cent onto us in the form of reduced fee's on on tickets or room rates...smjj
You say that as if you (we?) deserve to have what they're offering today for the price they're offering today. WDW is insanely popular. The prices probably should be higher. We just have to accept that.

You say that as if you (we?) deserve to have what they're offering today for the price they're offering today. WDW is insanely popular. The prices probably should be higher. We just have to accept that.

ITA with this statement. I've always respected Disney that they don't gouge guests. Call me crazy but I don't see WDW as being expensive at all for what you get. Go skiing for a day and pay $80/pp and then wander into the food court where it would cost you $100 to feed a family of 4 burgers , fries and drinks. That is expensive. I've stayed at resorts hwere I've paid $18 for a burger with No fries just some garnish. I've paid $12 for a margarita before at a resort. Lets face it WDW could be charging more and still be packed.

Parking, I voted yes but not DVC. Since we are vaguely considered owners I don't feel charging an owner for something that our dues go for now is acceptable.

People talk about parking and then spending money at resorts. My guess is the majority of non resort guests are either just snooping or parking at places like BWV and BCV for the easy access to Epcot. I would be in favor of a validation system for those truly spending money during the visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter