POLL - Should Starbucks be at Walt Disney World?

POLL-- Does Starbucks Belong at Walt Disney World?

• Yes, I love Starbucks

• No Way Starbucks is overrated

• Depends on the Price

• I don't care

• Disney should offer something "special" not Starbucks

• It's fine, but I will get my coffee elsewhere

Results are only viewable after voting.
So, did you?

I took advantage of the buy-one-get-one holiday drinks promotions - twice! Made for a nice couple of "dates" with my husband. And an excuse to try out the holiday drinks, since I normally never visit Starbucks.

(We're a little oversupplied with coffee shops locally and the Second Cup is more conveniently located.)

Great. It is staying. And, I can't recall any person suggesting it shouldn't stay. Excellent use of strawman argument.
Not strawman - obviously you don't care about the quality of the park experience...I don't go for the coffee (which is fine, you get Nescafe in Italy) they are removing the cinnamon rolls to Gaston's Tavern and the ice cream at the Fountainview for the commercially reproduced garbage I can get at the Starbuck's in my grocery store. I don't travel across the country every other year for a month to buy common everyday items. They are watering down the magic and I will spend my time and cash elsewhere.

zombie-thread.jpg

I voted "I don't care" on this one. I'd have no problem with Starbucks in a few WDW locations (maybe 1 per park). They've had modified McDonald's in the past (french fries in EP and MK, maybe more?) and DTD. I probably wouldn't buy it as I usually have my coffee at breakfast and would be unlikely to buy more in the park. Of course, I tend to go in warm weather times; it might be nice when its cold.

I will say that the Nescafe machines at WDW and on DCL are definitely not of the best quality. I would think they could do better; whether that's Starbucks or not could be up to date. (Personally, I'd be happier if they could open some Dunkin Donuts locations...good coffee and good eats)

It's the Disney Corp. business, they can do what they want as long as the stockholders are happy. You have the right to not buy a Starbuck's coffee, or don't visit Disney. TDBIASWS.:thumbsup2

I'm telling you kids, the added food on the menu at the Starbucks in DCA was delicious. Don't knock it until you try it.

PixieRDJames said:
Not strawman - obviously you don't care about the quality of the park experience...I don't go for the coffee (which is fine, you get Nescafe in Italy) they are removing the cinnamon rolls to Gaston's Tavern and the ice cream at the Fountainview for the commercially reproduced garbage I can get at the Starbuck's in my grocery store. I don't travel across the country every other year for a month to buy common everyday items. They are watering down the magic and I will spend my time and cash elsewhere.

FYI - Not sure that coffee is part of any magic. But if you think traveling across the country to spend your time and money eating ice cream on Main Street U.S.A., I have a spoiler alert for you. Buy a Starbucks drink at your local grocery store. Then sip it as you walk down the frozen food aisle to pick up the same ice cream that is sold on Main Street, Epcot, etc. You'll save a great deal of money. But you won't get ANY magic either.

I don't drink coffee so Starbucks has absolutely NO appeal to me :headache: I will miss all the great bakery treats from Main Street Bakery :sad:

I don't drink coffee so Starbucks has absolutely NO appeal to me :headache: I will miss all the great bakery treats from Main Street Bakery :sad:

I don't drink coffee and that's what makes me love the decision to include Starbucks. They have a large selection of noncoffee drinks and are one of the few places in the US that give tea drinkers more choices than simply a tea bag and a cup of hot water in a plastic cup. Not to mention that every time that I can buy a hot chocolate where the person harvesting the cocoa was paid a living wage is a personal victory after living in west Africa for a year :thumbsup2

How bout Dunkin Donuts coffee and Starbucks hot chocolate with Main Street bakery treats:thumbsup2

We always get our coffee before going to the park, I think once DH went running thru MK looking for coffee when we skipped stopping at the hotel to make rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter