POLL - Should Starbucks be at Walt Disney World?

POLL-- Does Starbucks Belong at Walt Disney World?

• Yes, I love Starbucks

• No Way Starbucks is overrated

• Depends on the Price

• I don't care

• Disney should offer something "special" not Starbucks

• It's fine, but I will get my coffee elsewhere

Results are only viewable after voting.
YES! I am a Disneyland vet...have been going there all my life. I know it very well, and truly, putting in Starbucks at DL was totally no biggie. There is no huge obtrusive sign outside screaming "You are not in disneyland anymore toto!". :rotfl: The theming is all still very Disney. The only real way you know from the outside that it is a Starbucks, is that there is a tiny little plaque on the wall. Inside doesn't even look like a traditional starbucks either, still a regular Disney themed CS, even down to offering Disney goodies AND SB goodies. I think it is a good thing. It's much better than the cruddy coffee that's been offered previously...especially as a mommy to three little ones, you KNOW I need that coffee...as many other do as well!! hehe! No big deal guys, really, don't worry! Disney will do it with taste! :thumbsup2

Naughtilus said:
Wonder why Disney doesn't just launch their own blend in the same way Dunkin Donuts has?

There are huge profit margins in selling coffee, dunno why they'd hand that off to Starbucks.

Americano, by the way, my drink of choice.

That's because Disney is not a food company. And the profit margins are not what you might think. There's a whole lot more to the coffee business than beans and water.

Landmarks at disney are renovated all the time. MSB doesn't have the capacity for the current demand much less once better coffee is added. Places sponsored by Coca-Cola have been renovated many times since they were first opened

True, and I"m hopeful that it will still have the charm I associate with the Main Street Bakery. I can go to Starbucks anywhere - and I'm really not into chains of any kind on any vacation. But I"m still hopeful.

They're only renovating the interior. And I've never thought of the interior of Main Street Bakery as "charming." They need more and better seating for one thing.

I believe the thing Starbucks makes the biggest profit on is actually whole bean coffee. Though just straight brewed coffee is up there as well. I'd have to ask my manager to be 100% sure.

They're only renovating the interior. And I've never thought of the interior of Main Street Bakery as "charming." They need more and better seating for one thing.

Are they adding more seating?

This is, quite possibly, a deal breaker.

:rotfl2: To what? In the USA, I often feel like the redheaded stepchild of coffee drinkers, but Starbucks gives me latte choices, etc, even as the dreaded tea drinker! :thumbsup2 But also I've lived in west Africa and have seen what kind of difference ethically sourced cocoa can have in the lives of real people, the difference really between life and death, and I'm not being facetious

Because there are people who are anti-Starbucks and people who are pro-Starbucks. :)

I'm pro-Starbucks and anti-Disney coffee!

I'm from Massachusetts so of course DD is my fave coffee, but Starbucks comes a close second. and I agree so much with Disney Princess83. WDW guests have complained about the dreaded Nescafe and we are getting it replaced with a far superior brew. i say YAY! and i also saw a pic of DL Starbuck Bakery and i can see familiar Disney treats in the display case, so i have a good feeling about this.

I voted for the Disney should offer something "special" because special was in quotes in this poll and left my imagination guessing.

I am a non coffee drinker period. But here is my take, there are already many things on Main Street linked to company's like Kodak,smuckers, edy's ice cream. As well as other companies throughout the parks, coke, Heinz, gm, walkers short bread Ted. People either love or hate Starbucks, and this at least give coffee drinkers a better cup

I've noticed that the local Starbucks has been pushing their blonde coffee. Coffee drinkers tell me that it's not bitter at all.

It's really quite simple though. If you don't like Starbucks then don't go. But maybe try to keep an open mind and check out the new place before you condemn it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter