Poll: Only ONE Ride Available at Opening- Will you go?

With only 1 ride (Smuggler’s Run) available at opening, will you brave the crowds at Galaxy’s Edge?

• Total voters
I have seen several mentions of both locations opening ROTR by the end of the year. Nothing about 2020. It’s something with the trackless technology, a friend with a relative who works at Disneyland said. Has anyone else heard anything? I’m delaying my trip for ROTR unless I get super cheap southwest flights.

Nobody (on the outside, at least) really knows for sure. I'm actually of the opinion that of it's ready to go on 8/29, it'll be open on day 1 (in WDW obviously). The way it was announced just gives them the flexibility to decide later.

ONE ride and a bunch of expensive shops...I’ll definitely ride the ride but I just don’t think nothings compelling me with the droid and lightsaber

ONE ride and a bunch of expensive shops...I’ll definitely ride the ride but I just don’t think nothings compelling me with the droid and lightsaber
Don't forget dining. Some of the longest waits so far is to get into the cantina.

We are waiting until ROTR opens to go. We can't afford two trips. It has nothing to do with crowds or wait times, so I didn't know how to answer the poll.

When I first voted on this, I voted no, but I just changed my vote to yes. Our vacation is in November and I was really hoping that it wouldn't open yet. My "no" was a knee jerk reaction because I am not a Star Wars fan and I think it is going to be absolutely crazy busy. Thinking it over, my husband and son will love it. Hopefully we can get in and they can at least see the land, even if we don't do a ride. We can do the rides another year.

There is no "Other" so I didn't vote. Our vacation has been planned for 18 months and will be in October. Most of it was already planned and dining options selected. There is ONE morning where we can possibly utilize the EEMH at DHS which we will "try". I don't mind if I miss it because of crowds but hopefully we will have a chance to spend some time there. DH wants a light saber in the worst way.

I voted no, but I actually am going. But I’m going because we already had it booked. If I were going to see Star Wars as my main goal there is no way I would go this soon after opening, particularly since both rides aren’t open.

I voted no, but I actually am going. But I’m going because we already had it booked. If I were going to see Star Wars as my main goal there is no way I would go this soon after opening, particularly since both rides aren’t open.

This is the same for me... I put yes but only because were going in Late October either way. It is not bc of Star Wars and if that was the only reasoning I would not go just bc of SWGE... I would wait until the land is complete or go to DL... I will see it in October only bc I will already be there.

We are going Sept 14-22nd and booked Sept this year, thinking SWGE wasn't going to be open yet. We are not SW fans lol. We have zero interest and don't even plan on going near the land on our DHS day. We are just going to do the rest of the park like we normally do, we just don't know what to expect as far as the crowds around the rest of the park.

We are going November, mainly because we wanted a trip this year, but im hoping ROTR is open as that attraction sounds amazing, but we booked next year too so we could ride it ! We probably wont ride MF though, as from what ive read and seen, it seems like something that would really trigger my anxiety so we are mainly going for the land itself and the food!

I'm so excited, I really am not that worried about getting on the ride. I just want to be there and see it all!

I really hope my sister has an idea of what she is getting into going with me for opening. I cried watching the opening ceremony at Disneyland. :sad:

I think I am really excited to see the land but after seeing the ride... I'm not excited about it at all. I will prob let my husband go on it on his own while I take the kids to do something else. I do not see my kids being able to operate all the mechanics of the ride. I could see other riders getting frustrated because a young child couldn't figure it out. It wouldn't be a good situation for anyone especially if people were yelling at children over this...

Yeah, the ride looks just... meh, I guess. I wasn't all that excited before and I'd say it lived down to my expectations. Or maybe I just don't enjoy watching videos of people screaming. :rolleyes1

I'm not going until the SW hotel is finished. If I'm gonna experience it, I want to experience it all.

I'm going, but I didn't plan my trip around it. I plan to take at least one crack at Galaxy's Edge during my solo January 2020 trip, but honestly it'd be great for me if RotR wasn't open by then since I think it'll bring a renewed wave of crowds and I wouldn't expect to be able to ride both attractions if it's as crowded as I think it will be. Figure I'll spend most of a day fighting crowds, maybe I'll get one ride on Smuggler's Run, and then I'll call it good and do other things for the rest of the trip. I fully expect to get a lot more enjoyment out of it a few years from now when it's no longer the newest, shiniest thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter