Poll: Only ONE Ride Available at Opening- Will you go?

With only 1 ride (Smuggler’s Run) available at opening, will you brave the crowds at Galaxy’s Edge?

• Total voters
I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I wouldn't go out of my way to be there opening weekend with only part of it opened. If I happened to have already booked a trip, I'd go to HS for sure during the trip after it had opened just to see it.

I’m much more interested in the land than in the rides, so I booked it for about 6 weeks after opening. With any luck, the lack of RotR will keep the crowds down a little.

I have a trip planned for Christmas week, I am prepared for huge crowds (I managed Tokyo Disney during Golden week).

When do you expect Disney to have RotR open?
I heard rumors of technical issues which could delay this ride until the very end of 2019 or 2020....what do you think?

We are going, but not on purpose. We have had reservations for Aug 29-Sept 7 for over 2 months. If we were going particularly for SWGE, we would wait until both rides were open.

I am fine with only one ride being open, but I am sort of local, so this means I can just spread out the madness.

We have a trip planned 9/18 to 9/24 Planning to go to SWGE but only hitting the ride if some miracle occurs and line is under an hour. Otherwise, I am almost as excited about MMRR and will try to hit that a couple times. We were looking forward to a more relaxed, less crowded trip this time but we have pivoted to excitement for the new content. Still hoping to grab some chill moments but we can find those in off the beaten path areas.
We also have not been to TSL yet so we don't want to skip the park all together and miss everything new to us.

I am NOT a Star Wars fan but the surprise opening overlaps with the trip I already planned. So, I now feel obligated to go on opening day just to say I was there.

I was expecting off-season, low crowds. I suppose that could still be true of the other parks.

GE is going to be nothing but disappointment for weeks after opening. If Pandora is anything to go off of, they will sell out of all the merch. and you wont see it back for months. So much for all the shops, or the build a droid/lightsaber. They might as well close those after the first week. lol.

GE is going to be nothing but disappointment for weeks after opening. If Pandora is anything to go off of, they will sell out of all the merch. and you wont see it back for months. So much for all the shops, or the build a droid/lightsaber. They might as well close those after the first week. lol.
I wouldn't say that is accurate, Disney underestimated how popular Pandora would be and did not plan for it. With SWGE not only do they know the fan base is 1000 times bigger they have LucasFilm backing them and all of their decisions, I am confident that as far as merchandise goes they are prepared for the demand this time around

I wouldn't say that is accurate, Disney underestimated how popular Pandora would be and did not plan for it. With SWGE not only do they know the fan base is 1000 times bigger they have LucasFilm backing them and all of their decisions, I am confident that as far as merchandise goes they are prepared for the demand this time around
I agree, while things may still sell out it won’t be as bad as aspects of Pandora.

Options in poll...2 were same (yep) and other 2 were same (nope). There was no in between. I am in between. We will be there end of Sept to beginning of Oct and staying at BWV so we can walk over. DH and DS love Star Wars so they will want to check it out. I don't care so much. I may go with them, depending on how we can go (EMH). Or I may let them brave it out while I do something else.

This is exactly why we planned a 2020 trip. I figured something like this would happen. Friends went to WWOHP right after it opened and haven't had a chance to get back and they missed _so much_.

Options in poll...2 were same (yep) and other 2 were same (nope). There was no in between. I am in between. We will be there end of Sept to beginning of Oct and staying at BWV so we can walk over. DH and DS love Star Wars so they will want to check it out. I don't care so much. I may go with them, depending on how we can go (EMH). Or I may let them brave it out while I do something else.

I am the same, last week of September, we plan on going to HS. Whether we try to get in GE is another story and plan on stalking wait times, forums, boards etc to make a decision later on whether we wanna risk it.

I have a trip planned for Christmas week, I am prepared for huge crowds (I managed Tokyo Disney during Golden week).

When do you expect Disney to have RotR open?
I heard rumors of technical issues which could delay this ride until the very end of 2019 or 2020....what do you think?
I have seen several mentions of both locations opening ROTR by the end of the year. Nothing about 2020. It’s something with the trackless technology, a friend with a relative who works at Disneyland said. Has anyone else heard anything? I’m delaying my trip for ROTR unless I get super cheap southwest flights.

We will be in WDW in late October... we are not going for Star Wars.. but wont avoid it either. We will go for one day of our trip and hopefully, it isnt too terrible with crowds...

I need “other”. I plan way in advance and this news was dumped on me mid plan. I may or may not go bases on early reports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter