POLL: Are you considering a new or add-on purchase at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel?

Poll: Are you considering a new or add-on purchase at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel?

• Yes

Votes: 47 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 260 74.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 40 11.5%

• Total voters
I’m not sure about a transportation disadvantage at Disneyland. GVC has a private entrance to Calif Adv. and DLH is a 10 min walk through downtown Disney (or the monorail). Even Paradise pier has a private entrance to Calif Adv. that’s a 5 min walk.
Yes, sorry. I meant that there is a very compelling reason to stay on property at WDW so you can use their internal transit system. VGC and Paradise Pier also have a location advantage being park adjacent. But if you are walking ten minutes (not taking the monorail), you could walk ten minutes in all sorts of directions and find nice enough lodging.

Yes, sorry. I meant that there is a very compelling reason to stay on property at WDW so you can use their internal transit system. VGC and Paradise Pier also have a location advantage being park adjacent. But if you are walking ten minutes (not taking the monorail), you could walk ten minutes in all sorts of directions and find nice enough lodging.
Walk another 10 and you can stay at that beautiful Westin! Though easier to ride share it. 10ish bucks each way. 40 dollars a day I f you do the afternoon break and you still coming up hundreds ahead a night.

Seeing some FB posts of new VDH owners renting out points at $30-33/pt. Depending on the day, some of cash rates are lower (with taxes included)!
I have seen this too. I looked at my potential December stay and it was $30.1 to $30.5 a point through Disney. Granted this is still not including the tax but if you want to stay in the newest DVC resort and need priority for 2024, I would say that it is a premium to book

you could walk ten minutes in all sorts of directions and find nice enough lodging.
Yes, but it's not in the Bubble :-)

We like the bubble, We've stayed on Harbor and walked, done the Airbnb thing and parked in the garage, its not the same. We like it in the bubble. It's a 10 min walk from DLH to the front gate, and I don't have to navigate the busy street and sidewalk crowds on Harbor with little kids. Or, we don't have to ride the tram back to the garage at the end of the day, find the car, drive back to wherever we are staying. We can do early admission and get in Guardians, Spiderman, Incredicoaster, and Cars or Toy Story Midway Mania in less than an hour at CA. At DL we can get in most of the fantasyland rides with early admission, and then skip that area when it gets to be insanely crowded later in the day (Peter Pan excepted, even with early admission it can be a 30 min wait). We can walk back to the hotel mid day, nap, relax at the pool and walk back at night for Fireworks, or World of color, or just doing the park at night. Can't do that if we drive in from a local hotel, and when we've done it walking back to a local motel, it just seems more exhaustive. We walk 10 mins, and we're in our nice 1 or 2 bedroom suite on site. No getting up extra early to drive to the park and deal with traffic, or walk in the crowds on Harbor. I also feel safer walking back and forth at night in Down Town Disney, than walking down Harbor. You don't have to go far for it to get really sketchy.

There is a value to that for some people (like us) and we're lucky enough to be able to afford it, but I realize others don't see it the same way, and that's fine too. Whatever works for the individual.

Yes, but it's not in the Bubble :-)

We like the bubble, We've stayed on Harbor and walked, done the Airbnb thing and parked in the garage, its not the same. We like it in the bubble. It's a 10 min walk from DLH to the front gate, and I don't have to navigate the busy street and sidewalk crowds on Harbor with little kids. Or, we don't have to ride the tram back to the garage at the end of the day, find the car, drive back to wherever we are staying. We can do early admission and get in Guardians, Spiderman, Incredicoaster, and Cars or Toy Story Midway Mania in less than an hour at CA. At DL we can get in most of the fantasyland rides with early admission, and then skip that area when it gets to be insanely crowded later in the day (Peter Pan excepted, even with early admission it can be a 30 min wait). We can walk back to the hotel mid day, nap, relax at the pool and walk back at night for Fireworks, or World of color, or just doing the park at night. Can't do that if we drive in from a local hotel, and when we've done it walking back to a local motel, it just seems more exhaustive. We walk 10 mins, and we're in our nice 1 or 2 bedroom suite on site. No getting up extra early to drive to the park and deal with traffic, or walk in the crowds on Harbor. I also feel safer walking back and forth at night in Down Town Disney, than walking down Harbor. You don't have to go far for it to get really sketchy.

There is a value to that for some people (like us) and we're lucky enough to be able to afford it, but I realize others don't see it the same way, and that's fine too. Whatever works for the individual.
All of the points you make are totally valid, and you are right, it is great to be in the bubble (and the bubble at DLR is pretty small, so even better stay in it and keep the magic because you are right, it gets sketchy pretty fast). Everyone has a different situation, priorities, and disposable income to work with. I've always been of the mindset that I'd rather go twice and do it less expensively (eating food in my room and packing a lunch), than go all out once, but there are plenty of people who can afford to go all out every time.

Price point is way to high for me. My current contract of 100 points I bought in 2006 is just enough for this local to WDW. That being said, I did bank my current UY points into next year to see if I can stay at VDH in January for rD...or at least stay on the hotel side...:sail:

just got an email saying i can call and order it whats the price per point at this place? anyone inquire? i bet it sells out quickly i remember there was construction when i was there in march.

Please feel free to comment on my post. I would appreciate any feedback.

I have been saving to purchase points at VDH since the tower was announced. We live close, but enjoy stay-cations at the Park. We prefer the VGC, but as the resale points were expensive and Disney has so many restrictions on resale points, I have been holding off.

I expected the high per-point price. I actually budgeted for 300 points, expecting Disney to charge nearly $300/per point (given the resale price of VGC). I was excited when rumours came back that the price would be closer to $230 and the contract would still be 50 years. (I have a 40 year BCV contract).

300 points will give me flexibility to use the points or to even rent some points to cover my dues.

I didn't buy into CCV because the annual dues were so high. But, Disney seems to be raising all the dues to nearly $9.00, so I guess I am not surprised that the VDH are starting so high. My feeling is, they won't be going up much in the near future.

I hate losing parking as I will be driving there. The Transient Occupancy Tax is also upsetting. Does anyone else believe that this ToT will make points more difficult to rent?

I was hoping to pick up an affordable VGC resale contract after the DLH Tower went on sale, anticipating that folks would abandon their VGC for the bright, new hotel. The opposite has happened. All the VGC resale contracts were snapped up as soon as Disney made the disastrous price announcement on the VDH and now RESALE contracts on the VGC are $335/point!

I am so angry at Disney right now for this debacle. I have the money sitting in my account and I just cannot get off the fence. If you have read this far in my post, may I say 'thank you'. I would really appreciate any opinions.
I own @ CCV ; Their dues aren't high. They are $7.92 a Pt.

To answer the poll question, YES we are considering VDH. We are first-time buyers and we've looked at resale but if we are going to do DVC at all, our home resort has to be at DLR. We live in Portland and have never been to WDW.

So for us the comparison is between buying VDH direct at $230/pt, or buying DGC resale at ~$350/pt. The transient tax is steep but Anaheim will get you anywhere you stay. And we always ride share from the airport (SNA) so we don't care about parking fees. We go as a couple as often as a family (kids in their 20's) so a studio-heavy property suits us fine.

Looking only at DLR then, VDH probably checks all the boxes. If we become add-on people at a later date, we will look at resorts in Florida, which I am not yet convinced is a real place.

To answer the poll question, YES we are considering VDH. We are first-time buyers and we've looked at resale but if we are going to do DVC at all, our home resort has to be at DLR. We live in Portland and have never been to WDW.

So for us the comparison is between buying VDH direct at $230/pt, or buying DGC resale at ~$350/pt. The transient tax is steep but Anaheim will get you anywhere you stay. And we always ride share from the airport (SNA) so we don't care about parking fees. We go as a couple as often as a family (kids in their 20's) so a studio-heavy property suits us fine.

Looking only at DLR then, VDH probably checks all the boxes. If we become add-on people at a later date, we will look at resorts in Florida, which I am not yet convinced is a real place.
Just wait until you get to Florida. You won’t want to leave.

We are the opposite-we enjoy both parks but DL takes the win every time. It’s just so so much easier to visit-and so packed with nostalgia and fun! We are West Coasters that own DVC at both parks.

I 100% agree with you. As a SoCal native basically all my life, I find WDW a much better experience and certainly a much, much better value, with nearly all factors considered. I am a DVC DRR owner.
Ditto! Grew up going to Disneyland my whole life and in total probably have 100+ visits and only recently fell in love with WDW. I originally wasn't as much of a fan of WDW.. but I fell in love with just the immersivity of everything. I still do think Disneyland overall is superior to Magic Kingdom (which is why MK is #3/4 of the WDW resorts for me), but as a whole WDW wins. The resorts, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, the transportation systems, Disney Springs and really the whole Disney bubble are what separates it for me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter