POLL: Are you considering a new or add-on purchase at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel?

Poll: Are you considering a new or add-on purchase at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel?

• Yes

Votes: 47 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 260 74.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 40 11.5%

• Total voters
We were all in on buying VDH but the cost per point plus the tax and parking might be a deal breaker for us. We own a small VGC already so we can book there and hope to add a few nights at VDH for a split stay at 7mo window with our other WDW contracts. We will be diving into the numbers this weekend to see if we want to make the leap.

We were originally on the fence since the studios only slept four and it was a studio heavy property; however, we felt the point chart was better than expected so we were 100% ready to pull the trigger once those came out. Then the pricing details came in....

We are East coast and wouldn't go to Disneyland enough to justify the high buy-in/mfs on top of the additional fees when actually staying there. We will either hope for the 7mo window or stay offsite.

Maybe when the kids are older and we can take more trips just the two of us we will look into VGC or VDH resale. The possibility of a Disneyland expansion gives me pause and we may regret it if that comes through but it is way too up in the air to make a commitment based on that, especially with a contract that has resale restrictions.

One of my biggest regrets was not buying into VGC as I thought "we only live an hour away", so buying VDH was a consideration. The buy in of $4.60 a point over the 50 years is high, but expected. I feel the biggest turn off is the dues and the transient tax as they will only go up yearly. $4.60 plus $11.82 per point puts you at $16.42 a point this year. OUCH!

Not after this reveal. Won’t add on here. I’m part of the seasoned age group. I can’t commit the rest of my life and family to these terms. So many other fun DVC purchase options to spend that much up front money on. I’m still looking forward to our splurge stay September 28 for fours nights.

We didn’t care for the theming.

I sent it to a friend (not a current DVC member) who has a pre-school aged little girl and she loved it. So there is a market for it, just not for us and our 9/13 year old sons.

I think I read where it is only like a 20% savings now with the fees having to be paid when checking out? Will possible parking lower that number even more?

I didn’t vote because we were never considering it as an option.
I never considered it, but voted no. Maybe I should have read the post before voting, but now I did, and it wasn’t asking if you had been thinking about buying.

I was maybe planning to, but the ridiculously high transient tax and charging for parking has made it a deal breaker for me. I already own VGC and RIV so I’ll just try to book VDH at 11 months and hope for the best.

Nope, have never set foot in CA :rolleyes1 We want to, we are planning a LA/DL stop as part of our Aulani trip next year. But no desire to own DVC out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter