Police Officer Discounts

hannamaehound

Earning My Ears
I WAS WONDERING WITH ALL THE DISCOUNTS, DOES ANY RESORT DIVE DISCOUNTS TO CITY WORKERS LIKE POLICE OFFICERS, I SEE THEY GIVE TO NURSES AND GOV. AND STATE. THAKS:wave2:

The Swan and Dolphin give a government discount...

state/city/county/federal...I think all you need is ID...I'm a PA state employee and have never used it. I believe all you need is ID or paystub.

I don't know where you live but if in FL.... my father was a firefighter in Fl and they use to give a great discount to firefighters and police officers in FL. I believe that can be used at all resorts...we used in at the Contemporary and Poly b/c I think that is all there was then!

Opps now I see you are in PA too! Sorry!!! Ignore the above comments!

My husband is a Firefighter and we have reserved the Dolphin in January with the Government discount. We have Club level for $204 per night which I believe is around 50% off. Good Luck!!

My BIL is a county employee and qualifies for the discounts at the Swan/Dolphin. FYI - He also qualifies for Govn. Empl. discounts at Hilton Hotels.

My DH is an Ontario Provincial Police officer here in Ontario (obviously) and currenlty the Swan and Dolphin discounts apply to not only US government workers (this includes cops) but also foreign governments as well (I just got quoted the Dolphin for 129$ US a night for the first week of March) this is a huge savings....check it out...and your linked right up to the Boardwalk and Epcot ....great location!!!

Hi - I read this post and became very excited. However, I called the Swan/Dolphin to check availability for our next trip and was told they don't offer police discounts nor do police qualify for government discounts.

Can someone please fill me in on how exactly I would get one of these great rates?

Thanks so much.

If you are a police officer are you employed by the county..city..state? I know in PA you are employed by one of the later hence making you a government employee...I think if you are employed by one of the later I would call and ask for a government rate...city/state/county etc...not a police officer rate.

Since you called on Sunday, I'm guessing you were connected (automatically) to the national reservations desk (since SD reservations are closed on week-ends and in the evenings). They know nothing about the discounts offered only at the SD (thanks to Mr SwanDolphin, who used to post on these boards, for all of the great discounts!).
Call back tomorrow morning so that you can speak to the SD reservationists directly. They can help.
Or, you can check online here at the DIS through Dreams. They also have access to the discounted rates.
Good luck. I'm sure you'll love the SD.

When are you travelling.....I went right through the link on the DIS Board...it's advertised right on the main page of this forum usually on the right hand side...it linked me right through and I just typed in my availability...it may be a promo just for this board.Try this and if not go to DREAMS UNLIMITED Travel (sponsor on this board also) and just put in your request there.They will apply for this discount for you (at no cost) and get back to you with all the pertinent details!!!Oh and also when you link to this promo it tells you directly whether or not you qualify for the discount(Government) with a definition as to who can use it and who can't (that's how I found out about the cop thing)!!!!Good luck!!!:Pinkbounc :boat:

I found the link you guys were referring to and I'm in! My husband is a police officer and according to the definition, state or local police qualify. So, hopefully everything will be OK upon check-in. If not, I also read that teacher's discounts have been extended to subsitutes which I can use as a back-up. I'm going to make sure I have the proper paperwork in either case before heading down. And I thought I wasn't going back for a couple years...LOL!

Thanks again, guys - you are the best! :)

I would call the Swan or Dolphin and ask if City govt. employees qualify. I bet they do. We showed my husband pay stub from the state, and they didn't ask what he did. We got the $129 standard room rate at the Dolphin. It was great.

No need to call. All government employees, at any level of government, qualify.
This includes city,county,state,federal and any other level I didn't think of.

I wish I knew about this discount, because DH is a police officer. Next time we go, I'll look into this. Thanks!

When we stayed at the Swan in 2001, we stayed under the government employee discount. My DH is a city police officer. No one questioned it. After all, it says "government" discount, nothing specific such as "FEDERAL government discount".
Good luck!

This was a discount offered to us by Mr SwanDolphin. He put NO restrictions on it--any government employee, even retired, is eligible.

This is different from the corporate employee discount, which is federal only and must be traveling on business....

BTW--Mr SwanDolphin is also responsible for the nurse discount, the AP discount, the DC discount, and the teacher discount as it is today (vastly expanded over the original).

What a nice man he was.....

Good for You Partyof5!!!Hope you have a wonderful trip and don't forget everyone this discount applies to Government workers (cops and firefighters too) of foreign governments also....so all you Canadian DIS'ers who fall into these categories you get the discount too!!!Have a wonderful vacation!!!

ASSO 1997
ASMU 1998
ASMU 1999
Dominican Republic 2000
ASMO 2002
ASMO 2003
POP Century MARCH 1 2004

Any other resorts on Disney property beside the Swan and Dolphin offer discounts to police officers? ::MinnieMo

No..unfortunately they are the only ones to offer a government employee discount. I've never used it...I'm starting to think maybe I'm missing something!

I'm starting to think maybe I'm missing something!

Trust me, you are, You're missing what used to be the best kept Disney secret of all!

I've stayed at Disney owned and I've stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin. I haven't gone back to the Disney resorts...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter