Points brokers and availabilty

I personally think that the reason it is harder to book at 7 months is that there are just a lot more members now and they all want the same rooms at the same time, so more competition. Demand is just not split equally across rooms and times. Plus as members buy older resorts now, lots of them are buying the specific resort because that is where they want to stay where as the original owners bought because that is what DVC was selling. No one buys BWV/BCV/BLT now because they want to trade out a lot, they buy that location because they want to stay there.

Add in those older owners are often creatures of habit. We bought BWV fifteen years ago - we are in our fifties. BWV is comfortable. Our kids are high schoolers - BLT looks interesting, but we spend a single morning in the Magic Kingdom and are usually out by 1:00. The Poly and Grand Floridan are too many points. I love VWL, but its off the beaten path. I like VAKL, but I'm going to need an excuse to change at seven months that overrides a bus for everything.

Our next trip we are taking a young child and his anti-Disney father (his mom's on board) and I think the Boardwalk won't be a great place. The MK resorts are too Disney. Treehouse Villas or VAKL. But there has to be a reason to break habit - and convenience.

facebook twitter