Point Charts for Concierge Collection?

kerri0616

DIS Veteran
Sorry. I'm a novice with a pretty good understanding of the points needed for the Disney Resorts in the Vacation Club.

Is there a site that lists the points needed for all of the other collections? Concierge/Int'l/etc?

It seems that most of the members in DVC join with the intention of visiting Disney often. I'd just like to know what the other non-Disney choices are like and how difficult it is to visit these other locations. How early do you need to book these choices? How many points do they take?

Thanks for helping me gather info.

Kerri

The members' website lists the points needed for all non-DVC options. For those who are not members -

2007 point charts for the Concierge Collection, the Adventurer Collection, and the World Passport Collection
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1089453

2007 Point Charts for the DCL Cruises:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1089437

2007 point charts for the Disney Collection, including the chart for the new Adventures by Disney option:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1089462

All non-DVC options are booked through Member Services - the same people that make your DVC resort reservations.

The cruises and World Passport (II exchanges) options can be booked up to 2 years in advance, depending upon availability. The WDW non-DVC resorts can be booked up to 11 months in advance. The other options can also be booked up to 11 months in advance, but often the point charts are not available that far in advance as DVC must negotiate prices with the destination resorts. Sometimes the results are not available at the 11 month mark.

Booking process is easy - as long as there is availability at the destination of choice. Many popular choices in the World Passport Collection are very difficult to obtain.

You will find that the best value of DVC points comes from staying at one of the DVC resorts. There are less expensive ways (than purchasing DVC) to go if you plan to stay at the other options on a regular basis.

A new DVC owner here. I was wondering where the list of resort or destination options for the world passport collection II is. I've seen the point chart but didn't know where that included.

I am little confused. According to an earlier post, there is a notation that the more popular destinations in the world passport collection are very difficult to book. According to my understanding, it was not difficult to book since Disney onsite properties are in high demand therefore there is great trading power. Can you please clarrify why they are very hard to book and what locations are in "popular". This is significant since if we purchased we would be using non-Disney and Disney properties. Thank you.

there are other resorts just as nice or nicer than DVC.

so no you don't get an advantage over the other higher ranked II resorts - especially if they requested first.

secondly, like DVC their owners know they have a good thing and can rent their weeks for more than their maintence fees and often do. If the week doesn't even go to II - then II can't give it to you.

thirdly, DVC controls what weeks go in. they don't allow II to have their wonderful and in demand weeks. If a member doesn't want those weeks - not a problem CRO can rent them. So DVC has no reason to give II its best week and doesn't.

Thank you for your response. I am still a little confused. According to my understanding, DVC is at or near the top of the timeshare ratings. Can you please clarrify which resorts you are referring to. Additionally, I am little confused in you statement about DVC releasing the time. If you put in a request to member services and request a II location, they are not obligated to release the time. They can determine not to release it? According to my understanding, it is much easier to trade out of DVC then vica versa. Thank you.

Thank you for your response. I am still a little confused. According to my understanding, DVC is at or near the top of the timeshare ratings. Can you please clarrify which resorts you are referring to. Additionally, I am little confused in you statement about DVC releasing the time. If you put in a request to member services and request a II location, they are not obligated to release the time. They can determine not to release it? According to my understanding, it is much easier to trade out of DVC then vica versa. Thank you.
I believe you may be confusing Concierge and Disney collection with II trades. II trades have a weeks booking "fee" of points, but the CC and DC charts change with the negotiations annually or every other year. CC and DC can be booked by the night, whereas II trades are by the week.

Thank you for your response but I am responding to the earlier response which indicates that it is very difficult to trade out of DVC. The earlier post indicates that there are TS that are as nice or nicer. The only ones that I have read that are as nice are Marriot and perhaps Westin. From what I have read previously, it is much easier to trade out than to trade in on II. I know that the conceirge collection/Disney are hotels that are renegotated each year. I am confused by 1. How difficult to trade out. This conflicts with other information I have read and 2. Disney not releasing time if you contact members services to request a trade. These statements are of concern since we would be using II as members in addition to the other resorts. I was under the impression that it was very difficult for others to trade in but no so difficult to trade out to comparable resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter