PodCast 4.0 Chit Chat

The fish extender does not have to have multiple pockets.
Mine was a Christmas stocking.
Yvette (from the Netherlands) had a wooden shoe.

The multiple pockets are so each each cabin resident can have their own pocket for gifts. (Mom, Dad, kids) If you are okay with one gift for your cabin, a one pocket FE would be fine, and simpler to make. Some people just hang a bag from the "fish" next to their door.

I like multi pockets because you can get multiple gifts in the different pockets. A lot of people like to deliver their gifts in the first couple of days. It is so much fun coming back to your cabin and seeing gifts in the pockets. I am going to get to use one of my gifts from PCC 2.0 soon. A wild flower seed impregnated card. It will be going into the garden in a few weeks.

Kim

Thanks everyone; that does sound like fun:goodvibes

Learning the new lingo. By the way Chirurgeon thanks for the picture, that is adorable, makes me wish I was more creative:rolleyes: I am a appreciator of talent however...

Alright all you cruise veterans, I have a question for you. I'm an information junkie :-) The new Passporters cruise book is coming out this month. Would it be worth getting as a reference source or do you have another other books that you would recommend for a first time cruiser?? I've read a lot about Disney cruises in the past, but having info on the new ships would be nice.

-Lauren

Kim,
Thanks for the visual for the FE. I also love the Mac power cord :-) I was without my Mac for a week and it felt awkward having to x out windows on the top right on the PC.

-Lauren

Lauren - I think Passporters are great.

If you have more specific questions, just ask. We are a friendly bunch.:)

I have read lots of good reviews of the Passporter books. I have peeked at them in bookstores. The are really meant for individual use and I am a library book sort of person. I do not buy books unless they can be shared with everyone. (yes, I am a librarian)

I learned all I know from the Internet (these boards and others) and my one four night cruise.

By the way, ssanders79 (DH) would happily keep the FE list if interested. He usually keeps it on a website & it's neat and organized :goodvibes

That sounds like a GREAT offer to me! :banana::banana:
This being your 6th Disney cruise- I'll bet you guys are FE veterans!
I'm thinking once we are closer- maybe 11-12 months out- it would be a good time to sign up for FE participation and form groups (if you want). It's up to you- oh leader! ;)

Thanks everyone; that does sound like fun:goodvibes

Learning the new lingo. By the way Chirurgeon thanks for the picture, that is adorable, makes me wish I was more creative:rolleyes: I am a appreciator of talent however...

Thanks, the embroidery machine was very helpful. And Ebay for the fabric.

And there are completed fish extenders for sale on Ebay.

Kim

Hi everyone!

By the way, ssanders79 (DH) would happily keep the FE list if interested. He usually keeps it on a website & it's neat and organized :goodvibes

Thanks for the offer. I'm sure all of us who love the FE gifting appreciate it.

Scary - we're already actively talking about FE. :scared1: We must be Disney freaks...

LOL Jennifer, you could never tell from where we are spending our spare time that we love Disney.

Kim

Alright all you cruise veterans, I have a question for you. I'm an information junkie :-) The new Passporters cruise book is coming out this month. Would it be worth getting as a reference source or do you have another other books that you would recommend for a first time cruiser?? I've read a lot about Disney cruises in the past, but having info on the new ships would be nice.

-Lauren

I've found the Passporter guides to be extremely comprehensive, and they always seem to be updating with new info on their website.

Hi everyone!

We moved our dummy date today to the Podcast cruise. It will be our 6th Disney cruise, 2nd on the Fantasy, and 1st Podcast cruise. It will be DH (Scott - ssanders79 on the boards), myself, and DD, who will be 5 1/2 at the time of sailing.

Looking forward to it, and also the ship and CC decorated for Christmas!

That's a wonderful offer...thanks so much.

-Lauren

I like the Passporter....it's worth it to me.

It appears I am the first Texan to check in. My wife and I just moved our previously booked cruise to join the Podcast crew. We just got off a Mexican Riviera cruise, booked the 11/24 Fantasy, got home and discovered this opportunity. Two weeks later was an easy move!

Sara is presently a kindergarten teacher, but is leaving the profession after 10 years this summer to begin sales of marching and concert percussion equipment. I am a Business Analyst for an IT company and we've both developed a love for Disney over the years.

This will be my 8th DCL cruise and this will be her 3rd. I am the one that introdcued her to the podcast and once I told her what was up, she seemed pretty excited to join this crew.

It appears I am the first Texan to check in. My wife and I just moved our previously booked cruise to join the Podcast crew. We just got off a Mexican Riviera cruise, booked the 11/24 Fantasy, got home and discovered this opportunity. Two weeks later was an easy move!

Sara is presently a kindergarten teacher, but is leaving the profession after 10 years this summer to begin sales of marching and concert percussion equipment. I am a Business Analyst for an IT company and we've both developed a love for Disney over the years.

This will be my 8th DCL cruise and this will be her 3rd. I am the one that introdcued her to the podcast and once I told her what was up, she seemed pretty excited to join this crew.

Welcome Scott and Sara !!!!!

Thanks for the offer. I'm sure all of us who love the FE gifting appreciate it.

LOL Jennifer, you could never tell from where we are spending our spare time that we love Disney.

Kim

Hi I'm Scott, silverfox97's DH, just send me a PM with your stateroom info and I will add to the FE List.

I started a Meet Thread on the DCL board so those that are not book through Dreams Unlimited can get together.

Just got off The Dream yesterday, and can't wait until podcast cruise 4.0 (I booked while on board).

I'm definitely looking forward to the longer trip. 3 nights just wasn't enough, especially the issues we had with embarking. It was our first ever cruise and I'm hooked.

Just got off The Dream yesterday, and can't wait until podcast cruise 4.0 (I booked while on board).

I'm definitely looking forward to the longer trip. 3 nights just wasn't enough, especially the issues we had with embarking. It was our first ever cruise and I'm hooked.

You betcha...one cruise will do that !!!! Glad you had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter