pocket camcorder?

I have the Playsport Zx3. Absolutely love it. I haven't had a problem with long distance recording. We have connected the Playsport to our HDTV via the HDMI cable that comes with the camera and haven't noticed pixel issues in far off shots.

For those of you that have the Playsport...

Do you have the Zx3 or the Zx5? I know you mentioned that it wasn't great for far away recording, and I was trying to figure out if those of you who mentioned that had the 3 or the 5. Thanks :goodvibes

I was going to get a flip and decided to get the Koday zi8 instead for two main reasons -

- you can take up to 10 hours of video with a 32 HD card (extra purchase) - great for vacations

-the ability to take still photos

I really like the Koday zi8.

Another Kodak Playsport Zx3 owner here. Bought it last year before our trip to the lake, and after our Disney trip. This year we will be taking it along to Disney:cool1: I love the size, ease of use, and quality of video. Also it's easy to just pop the SD card into the computer and transfer the video. No complaints here.

Kodak Playsport! Love it.

It records in 1080p, is waterproof, and takes a memory card for more video storage.

Dawn

Another vote for the Playsport. Mine is the Zx3. I haven't tried it underwater, but the pics and videos are awesome!

Another Kodak Playsport fan here, used it during my trip to WDW in december, I had read reviews that it was not great in poorly lit areas but it did a good job for us at night, doing the fireworks, Illuminations etc. Big benefit to me was that it could use memory cards, I bought a few just for the camera since I don't have any way of downloading video when I travel.

Wow, glad to hear all the great reviews for the Playsport. I just got dh to buy me one for my bday for our upcoming trip in Aug.

Can't wait to use it on vacation.

I have the Playsport Zx3. Absolutely love it. I haven't had a problem with long distance recording. We have connected the Playsport to our HDTV via the HDMI cable that comes with the camera and haven't noticed pixel issues in far off shots.

Another Kodak Playsport Zx3 owner here. Bought it last year before our trip to the lake, and after our Disney trip. This year we will be taking it along to Disney:cool1: I love the size, ease of use, and quality of video. Also it's easy to just pop the SD card into the computer and transfer the video. No complaints here.

Another vote for the Playsport. Mine is the Zx3. I haven't tried it underwater, but the pics and videos are awesome!

Another Kodak Playsport fan here, used it during my trip to WDW in december, I had read reviews that it was not great in poorly lit areas but it did a good job for us at night, doing the fireworks, Illuminations etc. Big benefit to me was that it could use memory cards, I bought a few just for the camera since I don't have any way of downloading video when I travel.

Thank you so much! :goodvibes I wasn't really sure what the difference was between the Zx3 and the Zx5. Here are the two descriptions for anyone else who was wondering (from the Kodak website)
Zx3:
Push the limits. Press record.
•Waterproof up to 10 ft
•Full 1080p HD video
•Electronic image stabilization
$130

Zx5:
Fearless HD video.
•Shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof up to 10 ft
•3-step sharing[All models of digital still and video cameras manufactured in 2011 or later.] to popular sites, plus e-mail
•Full 1080p HD videos and 5 MP HD stills
$180

So does this mean that the Zx5 doesn't have the stabilization and the Zx3 doesn't have capabilities for stills?

Thank you so much! :goodvibes I wasn't really sure what the difference was between the Zx3 and the Zx5. Here are the two descriptions for anyone else who was wondering (from the Kodak website)
Zx3:
Push the limits. Press record.
•Waterproof up to 10 ft
•Full 1080p HD video
•Electronic image stabilization
$130

Zx5:
Fearless HD video.
•Shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof up to 10 ft
•3-step sharing[All models of digital still and video cameras manufactured in 2011 or later.] to popular sites, plus e-mail
•Full 1080p HD videos and 5 MP HD stills
$180

So does this mean that the Zx5 doesn't have the stabilization and the Zx3 doesn't have capabilities for stills?

I don't know about the Zx5, but the Zx3 can most definitely take still pictures and the quality is pretty good. It's very easy to use. It has 4 modes for video and one for stills(5 MP). It's easy to switch between the modes and you just press one button to start and stop recording or to take a picture. You do have to change a setting on the camera when you want to use it in water.

I don't know how drop-proof the Zx3, but I just bought a little bag at Walmart that it slips right into. I also got a warranty from Square Trade in case I break it.

You know, I have a pocket video camera (the Kodak Zi8) and I just got a new Panasonic DMC-TS3 camera, which takes 1080P video. To be honest, I like the quality better from the camera (which also takes great pictures, if you want examples, see my thread at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2734749 )

The only issue is the maximum length is 30 minutes, the Kodak doesn't have that limit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter