Pluto's "Dog Days of Summer" Exercise Challenge

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the August Exercise Challenge! Our theme for this month is Pluto’s “Dog Days of Summer.” We’ll have some Pluto pictures and trivia to keep us motivated.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works: Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes toward that goal as they exercise. (You can post daily or catch up when you can.) You decide what movement counts towards your goal, which can be a set monthly number, or calculated based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since August has 31 days, here are some common conversions:
15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress. This month, we have:

Bouncing Blue 10%
Outrageous Orange 25%
Pluto’s Purple 50%
Playful Pink 75%
Rover Red 90%
Grateful Green 100%

We’re officially starting this challenge on August 1st, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
PollyannaMom - 645/620
Saphire5742 - 1503/1240
princessbee - 70/930
scdak - goal: 881/800
Tasha228 - 931/500

courtneybeth - 860/2000
verleniahall - 7819/3720
LizardQueen8 - 785/1000
galaxygirl76 - 905/1200

amalone1013 - 30/450
2manypets - 2186/1860
Stephanator - 715/800

kathleen27 - 1033/800
Twilight Sparkle - 1655/1395
Rugby Tigger - 810/1000

----------------------------
Team Total - 20,863/18,315

Last edited:

What a great theme! It kind of makes me sad that I've decided to take a month or two off. I'll catch up with you guys down the road a bit.

Good morning, and welcome to August!! (I can't believe summer is half over!)

This week we'll be talking about...Pluto in Cartoons.

Pluto is unusual for a character in Mickey's world because (other than showing a broad range of facial expressions) he is not anthropomorphic. Unlike Goofy, he's represented as a normal dog, without speech and walking on all fours.

Pluto first appeared in 1930 in the Mickey Mouse cartoon The Chain Gang (as a bloodhound on the trail of escaped prisoner Mickey Mouse!) He got a name - Rover - in The Picnic, but it was changed to his current name in The Moose Hunt in 1931.

(Info from "The Disney Wiki".)

First timer! I've been watching the last two threads, and was so inspired seeing everyone's posts. I just thought it'd be overwhelming trying to start anything with our vacation, but now that that's over I'm in!

I'll start with 450! Just enough to start building good habits :-)

Glad you found us! Welcome to the team!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!