Please Tell Me Why You Love Pop Century??

I love I-Drive :worship:,and as you can tell from my thread-i really need persuading BIG time to want to do onsite.This Easter we stayed at the Hilton Embassy Suites I-Drive and it was heavenly,expensive but heavenly :laughing:.x.

I've only been the once before but up until recently I wouldn't even have considered staying at a Disney hotel! But it's the whole not having a car thing that we thought it might suit us! We're still considering doing a whole I Drive stay BUT I can't even narrow down our hotel choices when it comes to where to stay on I Drive!! LOL

Thanks David-RE:- your first paragraph-i done a dummy run on the Virgin page+there is a part which says it costs extra for a 'preferred room' :confused3.
RE-your 2nd paragraph-we think it may be cheaper to do the Taxi's,going by the prices some have quoted on here.But thank you anyway :goodvibes.x.

I love I-Drive :worship:,and as you can tell from my thread-i really need persuading BIG time to want to do onsite.This Easter we stayed at the Hilton Embassy Suites I-Drive and it was heavenly,expensive but heavenly :laughing:.x.

What dates are you using? Everything I try is only coming up as a 'standard' room. :confused3 I thought as soon as I posted the quote: "There's no way that's going to be cheaper than using taxis." :lmao: It was an idea though :cool: :goodvibes

I think you should give on-site a go, if only to find out that I Drive really is where you prefer. The other thing I thought of today was that if you are on site and Emily can't manage a late night at least maybe you and Chloe could jump on a bus and get to see the fireworks fairly easily.

pop is a great resort for the theaming.
Do you need a car?
Yes and no, we would get a car for the middle of our stay using ME at start and end (has to be booked through TA or if done independantly direct with disney 3 days prior to travel.)That way you can get your universal/sew world fix
Can you do without a car yes,buses from pop are one of the best onsite regarding time and waiting
Travel to of site restaurants,would say best bet 1 of 2 ways
1, Taxi which you would get from front of hotel,these are all operated by mears( Checkers and yellow cab) Average cost $15-20 one way with tip.Make sure you get a mears one back as there are plenty of rouge taxis about, so get the restaurant to phone mears ( Checkers or yellow cab) at end of meal Give them the number on the side of the cab you get out from disney and make sure they give your name
2, bus to marketplace,then walk to crossroads have meal then taxi back,again make sure its mears
we usualy go for option 2 when we have no car,and get the taxi back to pleasure island walk over to hess garage get some beers then get bus back to pop(making sure beers in a plastic bag so they will let you on the bus).You would be surprised how many Americans ask where to get the beers why pay $6 for a bottle of bud when you can get 18 for $15.00.water and sodas great value
Fridge would try to get a styafoam cooler if you can, if not before going out put beers and sodas in sink and cover in ice will be nice and cool when you return
You can get a fridge for free if you have to store medicine in one
we like to stay in the 90`s as we love the computer pool and if you cut across the car park the food court and buses are close
on the fridge swap think they have been shut down on these boards
Paul

I was worried that the rooms were pretty small,i had read on some US trippies that the rooms were not really suitable/big enough for a family of 4 :confused3?.

I like the idea that the food court is not all junk food :thumbsup2.

Garden Grocer-that's a good idea-how exactly does that work?,do they sell the styrofoam-is that right :confused3,cooler boxes?.x.

QUOTE]

No I think the rooms sizes are fine - Mandymouse visits with two teenage girls :rotfl: . I think our American counterparts expect much big rooms then we do!

Gardengrocer is bascially an online supermarket you order your food/drinks and they deliver to the resort. If your not in (were getting ours delivered for the first day) bell services will store your shopping for you and deliver it for you when you arrive/return. Bell services have fridges to keep milk etc cool :thumbsup2

The only issue there maybe is if you need a fridge as they don't come in the value rooms - you can hire them or join in one of the fridge swaps on the American boards.

What dates are you using? Everything I try is only coming up as a 'standard' room. :confused3 I thought as soon as I posted the quote: "There's no way that's going to be cheaper than using taxis." :lmao: It was an idea though :cool: :goodvibes

I think you should give on-site a go, if only to find out that I Drive really is where you prefer. The other thing I thought of today was that if you are on site and Emily can't manage a late night at least maybe you and Chloe could jump on a bus and get to see the fireworks fairly easily.

I was putting in 30th March 2010 for 16nights,and it was coming up std room,then underneath prfd room-$?? extra $$ can't remember how much now :confused3,on Virgin website.

SNAP !!!!.I only said to Tony last night that if Emily still won't be able to handle the evenings-he could stay with her so she could go to bed,and me+Chloe could pop to MK,have a few rides in the dark in Fantasyland,then watch Wishes :love:,then swap+he does the same with Chloe another night.BUT we then felt guilty about Emily not sharing it with us :sad1:.But i do reckon this could be a good idea staying onsite :scared1:,David did i really just say that :scared1: :rotfl2:.As in the fact that we could go to a park EMH-leave about 11-12ish,some fastpasses stashed for later-go back to the room,have a snack+drink-let the girls have a nap-then wake them nice+refreshed,go to a park for dinner,ride some rides+watch the fireworks :wizard:.x.

Thanks Paul for all your info,much appreciated :hug:.
We have deffinatley decided no car this trip if we do stay onsite.We honestly think it would be a waste of money to get one for the 3-4 days we plan to do Seaword+UNI/IOA.
Paul where did you get your cooler from?.How much are they aprox?.x.

Thanks Gemma,i mentioned it to Hubby but he really wants to go back to Walmart,i must admit so do i.Most of the stuff we buy is items to bring back home-so no need to hire a fridge to be honest-Lucky Charms,Chocolate,candy,etc...
I don't buy milk for cereals,meats etc..to eat in the room.x.

I was putting in 30th March 2010 for 16nights,and it was coming up std room,then underneath prfd room-$?? extra $$ can't remember how much now :confused3,on Virgin website.

I can still only get standard room offers. :guilty: Maybe I don't look the preferred room type of person. :lmao: Perhaps Virgin block book rooms in the better locations and then charge extra for them. :confused3

SNAP !!!!.I only said to Tony last night that if Emily still won't be able to handle the evenings-he could stay with her so she could go to bed,and me+Chloe could pop to MK,have a few rides in the dark in Fantasyland,then watch Wishes :love:,then swap+he does the same with Chloe another night.BUT we then felt guilty about Emily not sharing it with us :sad1:.

It's never too early to teach kids - You snooze YOU LOSE :cool: Only kidding, I didn't think you would really be able to enjoy yourself if Emily wasn't there as well. Go on you know you want to stay onsite just as much as they do. :goodvibes You've stayed off-site a few times now so give on-site a go, if it doesn't work out you can go back to off-site next time. :)

We loved Pop when we went in March but we wanted to do the Universal Parks and Sea World and didn't want to drive so ended up doing a week there and a week at Royal Pacific resort.

It was perfect for us as we could walk to I drive and the Front of the line access is priceless.

A taxi from Pop to Universal with Mears was about $40 I think

It's never too early to teach kids - You snooze YOU LOSE :cool:

:scared1:-my poor Emily.
I agree with your full paragraph-i honestly think i can see us staying there.x.

We loved Pop when we went in March but we wanted to do the Universal Parks and Sea World and didn't want to drive so ended up doing a week there and a week at Royal Pacific resort.

It was perfect for us as we could walk to I drive and the Front of the line access is priceless.

A taxi from Pop to Universal with Mears was about $40 I think

Thanks,Hubby thinks it could be cheaper for us to spend 1 night in a UNI hotel :confused3,i suppose if it's going to cost us aprox $80 there and back for 1 day,and we want to do 3 days,it could be cheaper to spend that on a room for one night+get the front of the line passes as well.By getting them i reckon the 2 days will be sufficient,and won't need to go 3 times.x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter