Please tell me SSR is not all that bad...

Although SSR is our home we've only stayed there once because we enjoy resort hopping. We stayed in the Granstand section and we really enjoyed it - loved the bus service too.

But now after reading thru this thread I am second guessing myself. I just made a last minute reservation a few days ago beginning Aug. 10th and for a request I said either the Paddock section or the Grandstand section because that Paddock pool has been re-done since the last time we were there and I thought it would be nice to go there. Now I'm wondering if it's such a big deal for little kids if we should just ask for the Grandstand section again? We don't have little kids (OUR DS IS 16) and we felt the Grandstand pool was wide open the time we were there. I don't want to feel overrun by toddlers. Thoughts? Should I call back and re-prioritize my request?? Is the Paddock pool intended for more toddlers than anything else?

We're at SSR right now and have heard that the Grandstand pool will be going down for refurbishment at the end of August. Several Disney planning sites are reporting the same thing.

You may want to call Member Services and verify the refurbishment with them before changing your requests.

Although SSR is our home we've only stayed there once because we enjoy resort hopping. We stayed in the Granstand section and we really enjoyed it - loved the bus service too.

But now after reading thru this thread I am second guessing myself. I just made a last minute reservation a few days ago beginning Aug. 10th and for a request I said either the Paddock section or the Grandstand section because that Paddock pool has been re-done since the last time we were there and I thought it would be nice to go there. Now I'm wondering if it's such a big deal for little kids if we should just ask for the Grandstand section again? We don't have little kids (OUR DS IS 16) and we felt the Grandstand pool was wide open the time we were there. I don't want to feel overrun by toddlers. Thoughts? Should I call back and re-prioritize my request?? Is the Paddock pool intended for more toddlers than anything else?

Absolutely not. I just returned from our split stay with two 18 year old boys who loved the water slide at the paddock. It was higher and more intense than the slide at high rocks.

Well the Paddock pool was redone to be a second feature pool, since the resort is big enough to support two feature pools. It is a guarded pool, so used by families and others that prefer to have lifeguards at the pool. Unlike the quiet pools, which are not guarded.

The toddler splash area is its own separately fenced area, so parents with both younger and older kids can go there. Tweens/Teens can be at the main pool area, while mom or dad hang with the preschoolers or toddlers nearby in the kiddie splash area.

It is a busy pool. If lifeguards are not a priority for you, and you prefer the pool to yourself quality of a quiet pool, then perhaps the Paddock pool isn't for you.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos and autocorrects!

We're at SSR right now and have heard that the Grandstand pool will be going down for refurbishment at the end of August. Several Disney planning sites are reporting the same thing.

You may want to call Member Services and verify the refurbishment with them before changing your requests.

Absolutely not. I just returned from our split stay with two 18 year old boys who loved the water slide at the paddock. It was higher and more intense than the slide at high rocks.

Thanks. We will be there from the 10th-19th so I guess it should still be operating. And no, DS16 is a competitive swimmer so lifeguards are NOT on my radar what-so-ever. Guess we'll just wait & see what we get assigned. It's only a request, right. Doesn't mean a hill of beans until we get there!!

(PS) Is the slide smooth or does it have all those rough rivets at all the seams & joints?? That's more for a question for ME than for DS! :rotfl: I don't like the slides when you feel every seam as you go down!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter