PLEASE READ: New Signature Rules In-Place

Pixels are the little dots that make up the image on your screen. To check my signature I went into Paint, resized the blank image to 250x600 pixels, and saved it. Open up just the image and you can see what the maximum size is. I pulled it over my signature and it showed me what I would need to do to bring my signature into line with the new rules.

Thanks. I will give it a try. :goodvibes

I would suggest waiting until the new rules go into effect to make any changes. If you have problems then you should ask for help on the tech board. They will be able to help you.

Right now your photo in your sig is 321 pixels by 480 pixels. Here it is at 250 pixels high. If you want to keep the other information now in your sig, the picture will need to be further reduced in size.

250pixel.jpg

Thanks, I removed my pic for now.

:woohoo: Needed this for a while now. I've noticed the HUGE change in siggies since I joined under two years ago -- I guess we are getting computer savvy with pictures and tickers and such!

I like to know a little about the poster and when they are going to WDW ... but sometimes it was getting ridiculous.

Now for myself ... I better STOP adopting cats or my siggie will get too big and for some of the rest of you ... better stop having kids! :scared1: (ok ... I am teasing - please adopt pets and have more kids ... but keep those pictures small) :laughing:

PS: I love you moderators - what a great job you do!

See thats the thing a signature is supposed to be a signature, not a book!

Way to go guys!!! I hate having to scroll through a half paged signature (do people even read them?) to get to a new post

LOVE the new rules!! Though I have the siggy's turned off, b/c I can't stand scrolling through all the visual clutter.

Make the board much more enjoyable! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I turned off signatures a long time ago too, but maybe if I can set it so that they only happen once per thread I'll turn them on again, I do get curious sometimes when people comment on them.

I'm very glad to have the no siganture option, too! Thanks!

I like the new rules. I like having a signature (mine is in compliance ;)), but I like faster boards more. :goodvibes:

Okay....if you right click on your picture and go to Properties it should say how large the pixels are...right? I'm going to redo mine, I'm pretty sure it's probably too big.

I like the rules though, I hate when I'm reading and the page keeps skipping down because it's still loading pic/sigs.

edited to add: okay mine says 213 x 319 just for the picture. That doesn't include the little mo-ped smiley :) Maybe I'll just get rid of the pic....I've not had it on there long anyway, maybe I'll change it to my avatar.

Looks like the new rules are here. There are a number of signatures that are cut off right in the middle of a picture.

Love the new rules! Some sites as big as this one dont even allow signatures at all. I think the size-limit thats been set is perfect (big enough for people to include images, their WDW vacation history and some smileys but not so big that it takes forever for us to scroll through threads). :)

I am enjoying these changes. I feel that the space the DIS is allowing is certainly large enough. It makes reading posts much easier. I hope the Mods don't have to work too much overtime on this issue.

Good work! :thumbsup2

Just a thought, but I noticed that my signature gets slightly cut off at the end, and I was thinking maybe the signature preview should also be limited to the 250 pixels in length so that the user can see exactly how much shorter they need to make their signature instead of trial and error when posting.

Just a thought, but I noticed that my signature gets slightly cut off at the end, and I was thinking maybe the signature preview should also be limited to the 250 pixels in length so that the user can see exactly how much shorter they need to make their signature instead of trial and error when posting.

I was thinking the samething. I saw mine was cut off also but went to the edit signature and it was all there. I'm not sure how to adjust it to fit when it looks OK on the edit page.

Haven't posted in a little while, so I just wanted to check if mine was ok.

have been to busy to post for the past couple weeks so i am just going to post here to see if my sig looks right and if i need to change anything.

There is a simple workaround that will get you the same effect.

Before editing your signature, open a second browser window. In he second window, navigate to any post you have ever made on the DIS and look at the signature.

Switch to the first browser window and edit your signature. Hit save.

Go to the second browser window and hit Refresh. The changes to your signature will appear in the old post. If it's not what you want, go back to the first browser window and edit again.

This whole process works like a preview, except that the preview is in the second window while your editing occurs in the first window.

I resized my pic in photobucket...but I can't get it to change in DIS...

Do you mean the family photo with everyone wearing red scarves? The image is quite small here. You're probably seeing the image your broswer cached, Clear your cache and it should be fine then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter