Please post experiences using same day DAS selections using MDE App.

I think I know this answer for Genie+, and I am hoping it transfers over to day of DAS selections in the App. If you begin at one park and want to Hop to another, are you able to select a DAS time for the next park before scanning in? (we love that at Disneyland they can select for either park before leaving)

Thanks to anyone who can answer!
I don’t have a confirmed, for sure answer, but what I’ve seen so far is NO; guests csn only make DAS Return Times in the park they are actually in (or possibly have tapped into and may return later).
The biggest difference between Disneyland and WDW is the distance between parks. At DL, guests can easily walk between the parks. At WDW, transferring to a second park can take 45 minutes or more. WDW park hopping information also indicates there is no guarantee that the park you want to hop to will have capacity for hopping guests to enter.
When make the 2 DAS Advanced Selections per day, can they overlap with each other? Can they overlap a dining ADR?
Some people have reported that their DAS Advance Selections have overlapped.
If the attractions are close together and not long ones, it shouldn’t be much of an issue. For example, if the first one is the Magic Carpets of Aladdin and the second is Jungle Cruise or Pirates, you should have time to do both easily.
If the first is Laugh Floor and the second is Magic Carpets of Aladdin, you might have a harder time, depending on how much they overlap.
I have not heard anything about whether CMs have any ability to override If you miss the second time because of too close of an overlap, or an issue with the first attraction.
For ADRs, we have sometimes been late because of a ride issue. Your mileage may vary, but we were allowed although we had a longer wait.

For the people that have been recently can you make your first das ride on the app during early entry or does it only start when the park officially opens?

For the people that have been recently can you make your first das ride on the app during early entry or does it only start when the park officially opens?

No, not during early entry. The Park must be officially open.

Q: I’m in the park for early resort times and it won’t let me make a DAS. Is this an error?

The park must be open to make a DAS–this was usually true with the in-person way too.

As day guests using existing DAS yesterday at MK…

pleasantly surprised at how well the day went. Not needing to physically walk to next attraction or umbrella was a huge improvement in quality of day IMO

I do understand the various reasons why disney does overstate the wait times for attractions. However, this day, they were consistently overstated by 25-15 minutes. YMMV Not to be ungracious about this but, that does have a cumulative effect on ones’ return times.

CMs admitted things were very glitchy early in day, had to go to attractions for return times. Then it all
Settled down except for a brief period in the afternoon

As long as you can get service, you can set up the next return time once you’ve passed the 2nd tap

My husband and I used the app to make our same day selections (Oct 19 - Oct 24) and had no problems at all. When we hopped to a new park, that park's options showed up as soon as we tapped in at the new park. We were very pleased with how easy it was.

Just wanted to share how efficiently DAS worked for us this morning at the MK. We are locals, so do not get to take advantage of the Morning Early Entry for resort guests. But we arrived in time to enter the park shortly after the normal opening (for off-site guests) at 9 AM. Our strategy was to schedule a return time for Jungle Cruise as soon as we were tapped in, and then we headed to the Haunted Mansion. HM was a walk on. From there we went to BTMR, also a walk on. We could have then also walked onto Splash, but decided to skip that and went instead to Pirates.

Pirates at that time posted a 10 minute wait, so we got into the stand-by line. In hind sight we could/should have gone to Jungle Cruise (as our return time was now past). Pirates wait time was climbing, LL guests were entering, and we ended up in line for closer to 15 minutes... which still was not too bad but much longer could have become painful. After Pirates, we walked onto Jungle Cruise via the DAS/LL entrance. At that point in time, c. 11 AM, Space Mountain was showing a 20 minute stand-by wait, so we selected a DAS for SM, walked over to Tomorrowland and took a snack break. Walked onto & rode SM, then walked onto People Mover, and then took in a show at Monsters Laugh Floor. By noon we were on our way out of the park to head back home for lunch (we live 6 miles from the MK).

So thanks to DAS day-of scheduling using the app, we accomplished seven attractions (and potentially could have accomplished eight or nine) during our morning at MK. In addition, we saw two character cavalcades, and we were treated to a short concert by the marching band. On our way out, we also got to enjoy a show by the Dapper Dans, who were performing at the Main Street train station.

DAS return times scheduled while inside of a park, on 'day-of' using the MDE app, have so far been working out well for us. We tend to use DAS selectively, in combo with short stand-by lines &/or break times for snacks and beverages, to fill in between DAS returns for rides with longer waits.

My husband and I used the app to make our same day selections (Oct 19 - Oct 24) and had no problems at all. When we hopped to a new park, that park's options showed up as soon as we tapped in at the new park. We were very pleased with how easy it was.
I had the same experience during my 10/20--10/24 vacation. The DAS selection process was super easy on the Genie app, and was active as soon as we tapped into the parks. We had park hoppers, and used the DAS system quick a bit. Super efficient!

Where doesn't show up on the app to book your das? I already have my pass set up.

Where doesn't show up on the app to book your das? I already have my pass set up.

I was able to utilize the DAS after I tapped in to a park. Then, in the app, when reviewing the wait times for the attractions, I was able to click on an attraction and set-up the DAS return time right in the app. Super easy. When I park hopped, I again had to tap into the park prior to reserving a DAS return time in the new park. I did ask a Guest Experience cast member under a blue umbrella for assistance the first time I reserved a DAS. They were super helpful, and knew what to do.

Just wanted to share how efficiently DAS worked for us this morning at the MK. We are locals, so do not get to take advantage of the Morning Early Entry for resort guests. But we arrived in time to enter the park shortly after the normal opening (for off-site guests) at 9 AM. Our strategy was to schedule a return time for Jungle Cruise as soon as we were tapped in, and then we headed to the Haunted Mansion. HM was a walk on. From there we went to BTMR, also a walk on. We could have then also walked onto Splash, but decided to skip that and went instead to Pirates.

Pirates at that time posted a 10 minute wait, so we got into the stand-by line. In hind sight we could/should have gone to Jungle Cruise (as our return time was now past). Pirates wait time was climbing, LL guests were entering, and we ended up in line for closer to 15 minutes... which still was not too bad but much longer could have become painful. After Pirates, we walked onto Jungle Cruise via the DAS/LL entrance. At that point in time, c. 11 AM, Space Mountain was showing a 20 minute stand-by wait, so we selected a DAS for SM, walked over to Tomorrowland and took a snack break. Walked onto & rode SM, then walked onto People Mover, and then took in a show at Monsters Laugh Floor. By noon we were on our way out of the park to head back home for lunch (we live 6 miles from the MK).

So thanks to DAS day-of scheduling using the app, we accomplished seven attractions (and potentially could have accomplished eight or nine) during our morning at MK. In addition, we saw two character cavalcades, and we were treated to a short concert by the marching band. On our way out, we also got to enjoy a show by the Dapper Dans, who were performing at the Main Street train station.

DAS return times scheduled while inside of a park, on 'day-of' using the MDE app, have so far been working out well for us. We tend to use DAS selectively, in combo with short stand-by lines &/or break times for snacks and beverages, to fill in between DAS returns for rides with longer waits.
This is what we expected to get out of DAS online. It's essentially what MaxPass was at Disneyland. It'll save bunches of time for the CMs at all the rides and umbrellas. I loved chatting with them and it was good for our son to interact with them as part of his social practices, but also glad that Disney made this move to help everyone along into the 21st century :)

I was able to make DAS selections online on the app and only ran into one problem. I made a DAS for Slinky Dog and when I got there the system said my DAS was "expired." Basically the computer is programmed right now to think you will be showing up within an hour, like a Fastpass was. The CM just had me pull out my phone and show him that I had an active DAS going. Then he let me in. He said they are working right now to fix the programming so that particular problem will not happen anymore.

Other than that one experience, I had no problems. I was able to make several DAS reservations (one at a time of course) and had no real problems.

It doesn’t show up until the person registered for DAS has tapped into the park.
Then, tap the 3 lines on the bottom menu bar of the app and scroll to the DAS tile.

Update on our experience Re having existing DAS that was scheduled to expire a few days before our next arrival.

trying to solve our issue via text messages to WDW & stopping @ MK GS (two different times) produced a consistent “no” as to whether we could ‘cancel’ the existing DAS after we concluded the past trip. our request was to then go thru the new process before the next trip.

last day @ Epcot before leaving, stopped at GS. They were happy to cancel the existing DAS & scheduled it to start back up the very next day; good for 60 days which covers the upcoming trip. weren’t asked any sort of supporting questions btw.

Received no advance return times, however, I don’t perceive it as an issue as:

a. it was so smooth using the new system during our visits as day guests

b. we will surely save both time & stress not going thru the online process (in the short window of time over thanksgiving we originally faced with)/standing in line at GS to renew once would get to parks

YMMV but, it never hurts to respectfully ask GS if they can work with you as to your specific needs.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but can you book your next DAS ride on the app after tapping into the current DAS ride (but before actually riding the ride), similar to booking 4th fastpasses?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but can you book your next DAS ride on the app after tapping into the current DAS ride (but before actually riding the ride), similar to booking 4th fastpasses?
The Lightning Lanes now have 2 tap points, one at the line entrance and one closer to boarding.
You theoretically can book another DAS Return Time after tapping in at 2nd point. Our experience so far is that wifi is very weak or non-existant inside most attractions. We‘ve either gotten a message saying that or pages on the app have only partially loaded.

The Lightning Lanes now have 2 tap points, one at the line entrance and one closer to boarding.
You theoretically can book another DAS Return Time after tapping in at 2nd point. Our experience so far is that wifi is very weak or non-existant inside most attractions. We‘ve either gotten a message saying that or pages on the app have only partially loaded.

last time we were in the parks, admittedly way back in 2019, we had a terrible time with connectivity.
We never succeeded in mobile ordering despite trying numerous times.
I still wonder if it's because we're from overseas, so it's not just a problem of how updated your smartphone is, but also having to connect via a roaming partner.

last time we were in the parks, admittedly way back in 2019, we had a terrible time with connectivity.
We never succeeded in mobile ordering despite trying numerous times.
I still wonder if it's because we're from overseas, so it's not just a problem of how updated your smartphone is, but also having to connect via a roaming partner.
My DH and I have fully updated iOS on our iPhone 11 and the app was fully updated as well. We were with a friend who had an Android phone, also all updated. He was having the same issues. We also saw multiple CMs having difficulty trying to connect in all parks.

Today was our first day, DAK. We did not do advance because I couldn't commit so many hours and contacts to get it done, especially when I can only book 3 days of park reservations. We got inside the gate because the line was shorter and there the CM can just book the first attraction. It works great from your phone and the ability to change it.

We also got Genie+ because I decided to buy all week to test drive it. Wasn't needed today.

I think I know this answer for Genie+, and I am hoping it transfers over to day of DAS selections in the App. If you begin at one park and want to Hop to another, are you able to select a DAS time for the next park before scanning in? (we love that at Disneyland they can select for either park before leaving)

Thanks to anyone who can answer!

NO. We were going to hop to DHS so I opened to see what LL options were available and looked to see if we could book DAS before we headed over. LL, yes ... DAS, no.

On the other hand, DAS replaces the standby line and you cannot get into the standby line until you are in that park. So, it is also reasonable to have the rule be that you need to have tapped into the park where the ride is.

It would be great to hear from someone who has tried.

Yes, we were never able to book DAS for members "on their way" only for those inside the park. Now that we are booking our own, we were only able to book for DAK, but wanting to head to DHS ... would not let us book.

Mostly yes .... We had to tap twice at FOP, but only once at Safari. EE had a second tap, but they didn't make us tap. I tried after the first FOP tap but it wouldn't let me, did after we did the second tap. Not sure which ride but we couldn't even after we tapped so I did after we got off ride, I feel like that was a glitch because no way the system knows if you rode yet or not. Tapping should open the window. I did refresh on one because the DAS wasn't disappearing after we tapped. Imagine it is still shaking out a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter