Please Look at This Picture - Has Anyone Seen This Missing Baby? UPDATES THROUGHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that I don't think Casey is guilty. I do believe that she is. I also believe that she is unbalanced, but that is neither here nor there. My point was that Nancy Grace has turned this case into a media circus. If she hadn't decided to make this case her leading story for months, people would have looked at this case and thought how sad it is. Then, they would have moved on...just like many, many other such cases that never get the notoriety. I do have a problem with the fact that so much information has been brought out that there is no where in this country that Casey's defense team will be able to find an unbiased jury pool. That is wrong. Guilty or not, she deserves a fair trial. If not, we may as well revert back to lynch mobs.

Nancy Grace has made a mint off this case and she orchestrates her shows to play on people's emotions. Every time someone on her show tries to make a point that doesn't play wither her agenda, she cuts them off. Playing those pictures over and over of Caylee is totally manipulation of the emotions of her audience. In my opinion, Nancy Grace is also a pig.

If Casey is found guilty in a fair trial, I'll be the first to say that she should be given the maximum penalty under the law. The fact that some people have compared her to Hitler is beyond incredible to me. She is a sick young woman who committed a terrible act. Forgive me, I feel pity for her and her family. Hating her serves no purpose for me, but to bring me down.

I'm not saying that I don't think Casey is guilty. I do believe that she is. I also believe that she is unbalanced, but that is neither here nor there. My point was that Nancy Grace has turned this case into a media circus. If she hadn't decided to make this case her leading story for months, people would have looked at this case and thought how sad it is. Then, they would have moved on...just like many, many other such cases that never get the notoriety. I do have a problem with the fact that so much information has been brought out that there is no where in this country that Casey's defense team will be able to find an unbiased jury pool. That is wrong. Guilty or not, she deserves a fair trial. If not, we may as well revert back to lynch mobs.

Nancy Grace has made a mint off this case and she orchestrates her shows to play on people's emotions. Every time someone on her show tries to make a point that doesn't play wither her agenda, she cuts them off. Playing those pictures over and over of Caylee is totally manipulation of the emotions of her audience. In my opinion, Nancy Grace is also a pig.

If Casey is found guilty in a fair trial, I'll be the first to say that she should be given the maximum penalty under the law. The fact that some people have compared her to Hitler is beyond incredible to me. She is a sick young woman who committed a terrible act. Forgive me, I feel pity for her and her family. Hating her serves no purpose for me, but to bring me down.

I was living in Upstate South Carolina when the Susan Smith trial hit. I don't see the situation against Casey Anthony as any different than then. A mother kills her children and a media circus ensues. End of story.

I also have issues with Nancy Grace. If her guests do not say what she wants them to say she completly cuts them off.
I also believe Casey is mental and just don't see how anyone who loved her could not see this about her. Of course they may have but were unable to admit it to themselves which is so said for Caylee.
I don't think her family will ever be able to recover from this. Susan

y.

No matter what, Casey is innocent until a jury of her peers finds her guilty. Oh, maybe not...Nancy Grace has already decided the issue. :sad2:

She's only innocent in a court of law, because innocent until proven guilty is a legal right afforded to defendants. That does not extend to public opinion. Individuals are free to consider the facts made available and form an opinion. I don't have to think she's innocent of anything. If I was on the jury, I wouldn't even have to privately believe she was inoocent. The prosecution would have to prove to me that she was guilty before I could vote guilty. I'd have to vote innocent if the prosecution couldn't do that.

Don't worry. She'll get her day in court. And in this day and age with 24/7 reporting the public will hear all the details and evidence that have been withheld from the media.

I think Casey is partly responsible for turning this case in to a media circus and i think she is enjoying the show now. I think she knew exactly what she was doing every step of the way.

I think Casey is partly responsible for turning this case in to a media circus and i think she is enjoying the show now. I think she knew exactly what she was doing every step of the way.

I don't know, for the most part I think she was just grasping at whatever she could to keep her lies going (not that anyone believed them).

New thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2074960

I guess being a sociopathic technically makes her "sick" but I'd place her more in the pure evil category. Yes, some people are simply evil and without conscience. Count Casey among them. As for feeling PITY for her? Are you kidding me? I'd be happy to flip the switch myself.

Her parents are another story. I do have sympathy for them, even if they enabled the hell out of Casey through the years. Parenting a sociopathic child doesn't have a nice, neat "How To" book. They face the double tragedy of losing a beloved grandchild to a horrific murder and then having to face the cold, hard truth that their own daughter/her mother did the deed. Who among us would handle that well? So them, I have some pity for. I might mutter, "Snap out of it!" at the screen when Cindy starts yapping, but I still feel for them.

Do you really believe people are too stupid to think Casey is guilty just on the evidence alone? I have watched maybe two episodes of Nancy Grace and the woman just doesn't have that much power over me, I doubt she has that much power over anyone.

I don't believe that someone who kills their child is always "sick". There is true evil in the world, and I believe Casey Anthony is the embodiment of that evil.

God Bless little Caylee and her grandparents.

I guess being a sociopathic technically makes her "sick" but I'd place her more in the pure evil category. Yes, some people are simply evil and without conscience. Count Casey among them. As for feeling PITY for her? Are you kidding me? I'd be happy to flip the switch myself.

Her parents are another story. I do have sympathy for them, even if they enabled the hell out of Casey through the years. Parenting a sociopathic child doesn't have a nice, neat "How To" book. They face the double tragedy of losing a beloved grandchild to a horrific murder and then having to face the cold, hard truth that their own daughter/her mother did the deed. Who among us would handle that well? So them, I have some pity for. I might mutter, "Snap out of it!" at the screen when Cindy starts yapping, but I still feel for them.

I was wondering do you think some people are just inheirently evil? I do. I mean the sick to your stomach, chills down your spine when you see what they do type of evil. I have worked with some kids and I can honestly say that I often wonder if they were born evil they seem to come to down to earth caring families and yet they would stab you as soon as look at you. You know the kind of child that starts by hurting small animals and then goes from there. I know this is a topic that can be open for debate nature vs nurture but sometimes I think this stuff goes beyond mental illness. It is like Casy has no soul. I know she is a sociopath but is it dna? I do not expect definitive answers but it often occurs to me.

I still say that there is some sort of incest involved.

She's only innocent in a court of law, because innocent until proven guilty is a legal right afforded to defendants. That does not extend to public opinion. Individuals are free to consider the facts made available and form an opinion. I don't have to think she's innocent of anything. If I was on the jury, I wouldn't even have to privately believe she was inoocent. The prosecution would have to prove to me that she was guilty before I could vote guilty. I'd have to vote innocent if the prosecution couldn't do that.

Don't worry. She'll get her day in court. And in this day and age with 24/7 reporting the public will hear all the details and evidence that have been withheld from the media.

That may be true, but what bothers me is the intense hatred this case has brought out in people. In the past couple of weeks, in Orlando alone, little kids have been murdered. One was killed this past week by his mother's boyfriend. He had abused the kid in the past and ended up killing him. There was a quick story about it on the local news. Kids are killed in horrible ways every day in this country. Where is the outrage? Do you think their deaths were any less horrible? I'm sure many of them suffered more horrible death experiences than Caylee probably did, yet I see nothing about them. Why not? Shouldn't we hate their parents as well. Shouldn't we vilify them? It isn't always a stranger. Often times, the kids are killed by their parents. Sometimes, they are killed for money. I find their motivation much worse than Casey's.

I just don't understand why people hate her so much more than other murderers. The only way I can explain it is to blame the media.

I think I'll back away from this now. Too depressing.

That may be true, but what bothers me is the intense hatred this case has brought out in people. In the past couple of weeks, in Orlando alone, little kids have been murdered. One was killed this past week by his mother's boyfriend. He had abused the kid in the past and ended up killing him. There was a quick story about it on the local news. Kids are killed in horrible ways every day in this country. Where is the outrage? Do you think their deaths were any less horrible? I'm sure many of them suffered more horrible death experiences than Caylee probably did, yet I see nothing about them. Why not? Shouldn't we hate their parents as well. Shouldn't we vilify them? It isn't always a stranger. Often times, the kids are killed by their parents. Sometimes, they are killed for money. I find their motivation much worse than Casey's.

I just don't understand why people hate her so much more than other murderers. The only way I can explain it is to blame the media.

I think I'll back away from this now. Too depressing.

If it makes you feel better then offer her your love and pity. I can't believe you just said that kids suffered death experiences worse than Caylee's, I just can't.

Maybe you can be penpals with Casey. I'm not being rude or sarcastic, I'm being serious. She probably could use someone to talk to.

I don't hate or despise them any less. It's just that THIS topic is about the Anthony case. In Texas, the Baby Grace/Riley Sawyers trial is going on right now. Every time I see that grinning pathetic excuse for a mother, I want to smack her upside the head as well. And again, I'd cheerfully flip the switch on her.

Do I hate parents who murder their children? Damn right I do. I think that's a perfectly normal reaction.

ETA: The only time I can remember feeling pity for someone who murdered their children was Andrea Yates. In her case, she was so obviously mentally ill. Just looking at the pictures of her and how she declined over the years to just a shell of a human being would make that clear. I felt for her because EVERYONE failed her and thus, failed those children. Any time her insurance ran out, she was sent home even though she was psychotic. Her DH insisted on having more children, against the strong advice of doctors who made it clear Andrea would become psychotic again. IMHO, it's a husband's duty to take the lead in such a case and say, "No way are we taking that risk." It's not as if she could be counted on to make a clearheaded decision. She was taken off anti-psychotic drugs and 2-3 weeks later (about the time they lose effect) she killed her kids. Doctors who treated her said she was the sickest mental patient they'd ever seen. Someone should have done whatever it took to get her treament.....especially within the confines of a hospital.......and if they had, those children would be alive today.

There's a big difference between Andrea Yates and her sickness and Casey Anthony's plain old evil. From all reports, every time Andrea Yates gets just enough better to grasp the reality of what she's done, she loses the progress she's gained due to the guilt she feels. That's sick vs. evil. With help, one family of children would be still alive. But no amount of meds would have given Casey a conscience.

Lets end this thread , or attempt to in a cordial way.

I think its apparent we all think this crime will haunt many for years...and each of us as individuals have our right as to how we perceive this case.

Some of us only get coverage via NG, others are in FLorida and may see different kind of coverage.
I was in WDW Aug and Sept and saw the difference, not that I spent my whole time watching TV, but was curious to see the difference.
I will say, it does seem to me that the media seem to pick and choose at times what sensational murder case they want to cover....and saturate the viewing public with.

If it makes you feel better then offer her your love and pity. I can't believe you just said that kids suffered death experiences worse than Caylee's, I just can't.

Maybe you can be penpals with Casey. I'm not being rude or sarcastic, I'm being serious. She probably could use someone to talk to.

And, I can't believe you just said that to me... :sad2:

I think you are misreading what I've said. I am not giving her a pass. I think she deserves a fair trial and then to pay the price for what she did.

Since there is a good possibility that Caylee died of an overdose, I do believe that she probably died an easier death that the little boy who was beaten to death here recently. I'm not saying that any child's death is easy or that any one of their death's isn't terrible. In fact, I was saying the opposite. Why is Caylee's death more tragic than that of other children? Because she was adorable? Yes, she was. That shouldn't make her death more important than that of any other child.

I guess I am naive and too soft-hearted. Heaven forbid, I try to look at this from a logical perspective instead of being reactionary. I'll bow out now.

Lets end this thread , or attempt to in a cordial way.

I think its apparent we all think this crime will haunt many for years...and each of us as individuals have our right as to how we perceive this case.

Some of us only get coverage via NG, others are in FLorida and may see different kind of coverage.
I was in WDW Aug and Sept and saw the difference, not that I spent my whole time watching TV, but was curious to see the difference.
I will say, it does seem to me that the media seem to pick and choose at times what sensational murder case they want to cover....and saturate the viewing public with.

I agree. Sorry if I upset anyone. That was not my intention. I'm done.

She'll get a fair trial, even if they have to call in a huge jury pool. I never cease to be amazed by how many people have no clue about any current events, do not watch TV, read newspapers, go online, etc. But you don't have to be completely oblivious to this case to be selected for the jury.....You just have to have an open mind. I'd never make the cut. But a lot of people would.

For those who haven't heard...

Caylee's funeral is today here in Orlando. It's expected thousands will show up... including the members of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, KS.

Now, for those who don't know, WBC is considered a hate group, and they're notorious for picketing high-profile funerals with placards reading "God Hates America" and "(Deceased's Name) is Burning In Hell". Previously their pickets were confined to victims of AIDS, but in recent years they've expanded their activities to include the funerals of celebrities and US servicemen killed overseas. They claim they picket these events as part of their "ministry", while their critics believe they do so to goad mourners into attacking them so they can in turn be sued financially by the "Church".

Looks like it's going to be a three-ring circus down here.

Orlando Sentinel story on the funeral

Westboro Baptist Church Article on Wikipedia (caution: offensive words and photos)

Wow. I cant believe how rude some comments are here.

This has turned into a media circus all it's own right here on the Dis. This is not what I was opening this thread to find.
Now that Caylee will be laid to rest I wont open this thread anymore as some people are being very mean and nasty to others for their opinions.

This is a sad thread for many reasons. Why add more?

Thank you to those here who have given me information along the way of this horrible ride we have sort of taken together.

Bless you all.
Hug your kids tonight.

Rest peacfully little miss Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter