Please Look at This Picture - Has Anyone Seen This Missing Baby? UPDATES THROUGHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahunt

DIS Veteran
Since the DIS is so big I thought I'd post this picture in the off chance that someone has seen this missing little girl from Orlando. Her mother didn't report her missing until a MONTH after she vanished, so she could be anywhere :sad2: :

41057127.jpg

The story behind this is very strange, and on TV the mom acts really nonchalant about the whole thing.

A trail of lies and unanswered questions today surround the disappearance of a 2-year-old girl reported missing by her mother more than a month after she vanished.

Cindy Anthony, the child's grandmother and the one who contacted investigators Wednesday, is hopeful that her smiling granddaughter with hazel eyes and light brown hair is safe and will be returned.

But she can't explain the lies her daughter told family and the authorities.

In early June, Casey Anthony told her mother she was being sent to Tampa for work and would be back in a few days, and later said she was going on a "mini-vacation" with friends. Cindy Anthony never thought much of it.

"I had no reason to believe they weren't where they were supposed to be," Cindy Anthony said. "I don't know why she fabricated this."

Casey Anthony told detectives she dropped Caylee off at a baby sitter's house June 9, but that the child was not there when she went to pick her up.

She did her own investigation, she told detectives. She went to clubs that the baby sitter, a woman she identified as Zenaida Gonzalez, is known to frequent. She said she was afraid her daughter would get hurt if authorities got involved because she had seen that happen in movies.

Investigators discovered that the apartment Casey Anthony said belonged to Gonzalez had been vacant for nearly five months. Detectives later located Gonzalez, but she did not recognize the mother or daughter from pictures.

Deputies showed Casey Anthony a picture of Gonzalez and she admitted not recognizing the woman.

She told deputies she worked at Universal Studios and named people who could vouch for her. When deputies drove her to the theme park, officials confirmed that neither she nor the people she mentioned worked for the park. Still, she "walked with purpose and acted like she knew where she was going," the sheriff's report shows.

Friends described Casey Anthony to deputies as a "habitual liar" who once stole $700 and checks from a friend. She also told a former boyfriend on June 25 that she would be free to get together because her daughter was "with the nanny and that they had gone to the beach for the weekend."

When questioned by deputies, Casey Anthony did not "show any obvious emotion as to the loss of her child….she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed about the situation," according to an arrest report.

But her mother insists Casey Anthony has been a good mother.

"Like everyone, [Casey Anthony] has good and bad days," her mother said.

The family has set up four MySpace pages with the hopes of someone finding Caylee.

"To hear her say 'I love you...'" her grandmother said, her voice beginning to break. "This little girl has been the light of my life for the last three years."

An Orange County judge denied Casey Marie Anthony bond this morning, saying she showed "no regret or concern for her actions" following the disappearance of her daughter Caylee Marie Anthony.

Despite Casey Anthony's lack of a criminal history, Judge John Jordan elected not to release her.

Casey Anthony, 22, just nodded as Jordan offered his comments.

"You left your 2-year-old child with a person who does not exist at an apartment you cannot identify and you lied to your parents about your child's whereabouts," Jordan said. "You cared so little about your child."

Jordan ordered that a mental health evaluation be conducted on Casey Anthony and that she have no unsupervised contact with a child under the age of 17.

Orange County Sheriff's Office deputies arrested Casey Anthony Wednesday on suspicion of child neglect, providing false official statements and obstructing a criminal investigation.

Since the arrest, Casey Anthony has weaved a tale of lies that have left investigators with little information and her family puzzled over the deception.

Orange County detectives worked through the night to track down the missing girl, said Capt. Angelo Nieves.

"At this point there is no indication that [Caylee] is deceased," Capt. Angelo Nieves said. "We don't know where she is. Our concern is for the child and to locate her."

Authorities have not issued an Amber Alert for the girl because the information they have does not meet the criteria, Nieves said.

Anyone with information about Caylee can call Crimeline at 1-800-423-8477.

:guilty:

I don't have a good feeling about this. :sad2: My suspicions are that the mother knows exactly where that baby is.

That is a really sad situation, I pray for that little girl taht she be found safe and returned to the GRANDPARENTS. But I thought I read that they had some info to dig up the backyard of the grandparents home?!?!? :confused3 Maybe I didn't read that, but I think I did.

Oh she is so beautiful and so young....and I just don't think the outcome will be good. I can't go an hour without knowing where my kids are.

This story just makes me ill. The "mom" looks so smug when they show her in court and walking thru the police station, she was actually smiling while she was walking thru. I just wish there was some way to make her talk - she KNOWS where that little girl is. I agree with Stella3 that she is probably dead. They were showing on the news that they are digging up the grandparent's property - they don't seem overly sad about the situation either. :sad2:

I pray for this child to be somewhere safe. I pray Lord that you place your hedge around her.

I have not seen her. But I also live in NE PA

Susan Smith comes to mind in this situation. I've seen the mother on TV and she just seems so unconcerned by the entire thing. I can't even explain it. She's acting like she doesn't have a care in the world and is out with old friends as she in being handcuffed and walked though the courthouse.

It is sick.

There has also been no mention of this little girls father.

I know this is totally illegal, but this is the type of situation where police should take these 'monsters' into a private room, inject them with sodium penathol and find out exactly has happened, then deny, deny, deny that it ever happened then that poor child can be found no matter where they may be

I agree, the mother of that child knows exactly where she is.

Susan Smith comes to mind in this situation. I've seen the mother on TV and she just seems so unconcerned by the entire thing. I can't even explain it. She's acting like she doesn't have a care in the world and is out with old friends as she in being handcuffed and walked though the courthouse.

It is sick.

There has also been no mention of this little girls father.

I too thought of Susan Smith. I don't understand why the mother didn't just give the little girl to the grandparents. After watching the videos, it is obvious that the little girl was the grandparent's whole world. I can't imagine the pain they must be going through.:sad1:

I think "MOM" knows exactly where she is too. I hope they find her or her body very soon. maybe someone who has her will step forward and bring her to her grandparents if she is still alive.

What a sweet baby girl. It just makes me sick to my stomach to think of something bad happening to her and even worse that her own mom had a hand in it.

This is so sickening. :sad2: I'm trying to understand something that is impossible to understand. So sad. :sad1:

I hope the child is found soon, although I think she is more than likely already dead or possible sold into a child prostitution ring or something else horrible like that.

Maybe Nancy Grace can interview the mom, just like she did Melinda Duckett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter