Please help with my DP choice for OOP..TIW..or upgrade?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
We're doing the regular DP in Aug but are used to the DXDP....just not upgrading this year cause of the price increase & DD10 being an "adult". For 12 nights it would be about 1500 more for DXDP. Instead, we'll get the TIW card for all OOP TS and resort CS breakfast. All DP credits will be used for dinners, and the only signature we'll do is HDD. I'm thinking we should pay OOP for HDD (with TIW the cost is 151.18 or 163.18, depending on the Tier) and use the 6 adult DP credits instead for either 1) 2 character meals, just having the additional tip cost, or 2) 3 TS meals where DD10 can order a kid's meal OOP. We'd have to pay an additional 67-ish for the kid's meals and tips if we chose this option.
I need to be sure that once I add all the OOP stuff (figuring on about 300 just for CS breakfasts, plus 100 for the TIW card, plus whatever I choose above and maybe another TS lunch or 2), I'm still saving money over upgrading to DXDP. Many of our meals are buffet & character, so we're not missing out on a lot of appetizers. Whatever snacks we have left over we will use for fudge to take home for grandma, so there's never too many. We usually do order the more expensive entrees at sit downs, but most of our meals are buffets. Am I on the right track or am I missing something? Would you choose option 1 or 2?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter