Please Help!!! Which Resort?

pumpkin03

Earning My Ears
Looking to be making reservations for Christmas time and trying to decide between AKL and SSR. Which resort would you prefer for a family of 3?

I heard that the WL is beautiful during Xmas. I don't know much about SSR. But AKL has a impressive lobby. I would love too see it during Xmas. U can YouTube it to see video of the lobbies for the time of year you are going in. All ears has great pictures also

I would probably choose AKL, especially if one of your three is a smaller child (as in, not a preteen or teenager). SSR is lovely, actually really like it myself, but it is kind of like staying in an upscale apartment complex rather than a highly themed resort like AKL, where there are animals and African art and a more energetic vibe in general.

AKL. I have had terrible experiences at ssr. AKL is beautiful and I miss it. I have one too many babies to fit there anymore.

If your child loves animals do AKL. It's absolutely amazing, you will love it there.

AKL is absolutely beautiful at Christmas! I would also stay there because the multiple bus stops as SSR would drive me crazy. The AKL buses only stop at Jambo House and Kidani.

Thanks to all of your help my child is 10 and loves animals. I think I will look at the pictures and see what we would like from each one of them.

AKL is fabulous! At Christmas time though, the WL has the old time Christmas feeling.
We had a great time at SSR but little ones would definitely enjoy wither AKL or Wl better.

AKL...and if pools are important to him (they are to my boys), you are able to use both pools at AKL (Jambo and Kidani). The slide at Kidani is great, and there is also a ping pong table at the pool, which DS7 really enjoyed at our recent trip.

My choice would be AKL. We've never stayed at SSR, but we love AKL. The resort is quiet (IMO) and is beautiful when decorated for the holidays.

SSR is huge, I'd pick AKL too! We had 2 great stays there. And at Christmas I'd take a look at WL too.

We have stayed at AKL and really enjoyed it. Though we never stayed at SSR I think it's way to big and doesn't have the Disney feeling. Between the two I would definitely pick AKL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter