Please help! Govt. employee dis.?

Beccabooey

Earning My Ears
What sort of proof will I need to bring to get the discounted rates (I'm a govt. employee)? The problem is that I can't find my current I.D. and they won't issue us a new one until after the election. But I do have one from last year (with pic). Do you think this will be a problem if I can't find my current I.D.? Thanks!!

I believe a current pay stub should suffice or perhaps a letter from your boss stating that you work for a government agency.

I would call and ask. If they aren't sure I would bring your old ID and a current paycheck stub and maybe a letter stating that they won't issue you a new ID until after the election.

My DW works for the county, she couldn't get into the building without a current ID. I'd be more curious why they won't issue you a new one sooner.

This might be a dumb question, but I have friends who were asking and I didnt know the answer. Is it only government employees that get a discount or do state employees get one too? I noticed a previous post said his wife worked for the county so I wasnt sure. Thanks for the help.

I had the same question. I had seen that Federal, state and city gov't employees get a discount. I called and found that any gov't employee with ID gets the discount.

My dh is an elected official in our town. The people at Swan/Dolphin told me to bring a current pay stub (he only gets a nominal amount twice a year!!) and a letter on town stationery, stating that he has employee status. Sometimes the hotel asks for it, sometimes not. I wouldn't take a chance.

My DH works for the Mayor in our City and I wrote to the Swan/Dolphin to ask that question and they said as long as he shows a valid city employee ID or a paycheck stub that is current, it would be fine.

Okay,
Sorry, but still confused. Do state employees get a discount or not? I called 407 W DISNEY and the operator said that they dont give govt discounts through them and he didnt know about the state employees. He said he thought you had to call your employer to get a code or something.? Can someone that has gone tell me how you book a room with a govt discount and if a state employee falls under that category. THanks again:D

To the best of my knowledge, the only resorts that offer a gov't employee discount are the Swan/Dolphin. SOG does do the active/inactive military rates. But other than that none of the other Disney resorts offer any gov't discount. If I don't have it right, someone correct me please.

Any gov't employee (nat', state or local) can get the discount booking thru Dreams Unlimited right here on the DIS. Go to the home page to the Swan/Dolphin link. Click thru to see the "who qualifies" for the discount. Without an i.d. card, a current pay stub and a statement of employment on letterhead stationery signed by a supervisor will be your proof of employement.

I am a New York State gov't employee, and I got the gov't discount at The Swan, two Decembers in a row.

I brought with me my health insurance card ( which I would have brought, anyway), my most recent pay stub, AND my current ID card that is clipped on me at all times when I am at work. I just automatically gave the CM all of my proof at one time, even though the CM did not ask for it yet. I wasn't taking any chances !

You can also book the discount on-line at the Starwood Resorts (parent company of Swan and Dolphin) web site.

And you can call the SD directly. Just don't do it in the late evening or on the week-ends, cause then you'll be connected to the chain reservations line and sometimes, they don't know about the happenings at the SD, discount wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter