Please give me hope.

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
I have a dear friend who is wanting to go to Disney in June. She and her family have never been. I called today to check any availability and naturally there was none. I am going to waitlist her for the BWV or WLV in a studio the 2nd week of June. What are my chances that the waitlist will come through???? She is booking a backup just in case.

Would you consider OKW? I got OKW for the third week of June just a few weeks ago. Also, at the beginning of February I waitlisted for VWL for the same time (spending part of our vacation at each place). About 3 weeks later the waitlist came through. We're new members, only this one experience, but I'd say there's a reasonable chance.

BWV is our home resort. I called in Feb to make ressies for early December and we are waitlisted for 2 days of our trip for a studio. The CM told me that BWV is the most popular (as far as booking goes - I know everyone has their favorites) of the DVC resorts. She said that to get the other resorts at the 7 month window would probably be easier than getting BWV at 10 mos. So you might want to consider trying one of the others - how about BCV. Of course, you never know, you might get your waitlist because people change plans every day. Just have a backup plan. Good luck!

I'm going to waitlist both WLV and BWV however; I can't waitlist the BCV's. I don't think they will open until July! I always book my own at my 11 mon window. I booked my Dec trip in Jan at the BWV and my VB at 7 monthes. But my friends had no idea I needed so much notice. I would just hate for them to have to pay rack rate somewhere!!!

hi: as stated above, you should try for availability at okw-there are a lot more units there than at bwv or vwl. the waitlist has worked for me a little better than 50% of the time-the times it didn't come through were either very short notice or very popular times.

I agree about OKW, you'll have a very good chance getting in there, just because there are so many more villa's... BW or WLV's you might just get lucky, so keep hoping!!

I am going to jump on the OKW band wagon.... I would see if you could waitlist there too.....

Keep us posted okay?:bounce:

I just called and waitlisted for the BWV's or the WLV's. There was availability at OKW but they want to be close in to everything and not drive their car. This will be their 1st trip and I wanted something with a theme to it. They have booked the WL courtyard view on cash as a backup if the waitlist doesn't come through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter