Please explain zero gravity pool

Troy08

Mouseketeer
O.K. maybe this is a dumb question but what exactly is a zero gravity pool. A poster just mentioned that then pool at POP is not zero gravity. I have stayed at both the WL and the CBR and I seem to remember(especially ar WL) walking down the steps into the pool. Is that zero gravity>

Am considering POP for a 2008 trip, do you hop off the side into about 5 feet of water?

I am not a big swim fan, just want the water to be warm, o.k. hot.

The term is actually "zero entry" not zero gravity.

It means one end of the pool is like if you were at a beach. It goes from zero inches deeper into the pool.

I think you're talking about a zero-entry pool. That's a pool where you don't have to use the steps, you just walk into the water. The pool bottom slants downward, and the water gets gradually deeper.

Think of it as a really, really wide ramp that you can walk down into the pool.

Zero-entry pools are at AKL and SSR. Of course SAB could be considered this over in the kiddie/sandy area. Of course at the water parks too. 0-entry are great for folks with mobility issues and for the little ones to play at the edge.

Zero-entry pools are at AKL and SSR. Of course SAB could be considered this over in the kiddie/sandy area. Of course at the water parks too. 0-entry are great for folks with mobility issues and for the little ones to play at the edge.

There's one at GF as well.

Understanding that the poster meant zero entry......aren't pools also zero gravity? Isn't that why NASA does all of their training in the world's largest pool?

MC

0-entry are great for folks with mobility issues...

I just wanted to add in zero entry pools are great for some mobility issues and the bump step pools are great for others. Those set of steps you see outside of some pools are much better for me since I can't walk but can lift myself using my arms. The zero entry pools don't work for me at all but with the bump steps I can go for a nice swim by myself.

What are bump steps? Are they different from regular pool stairs?

What are bump steps? Are they different from regular pool stairs?

I'm not sure what the official name for them are but I've always called them bump steps becasue you sit on your butt and bump down them. :)

Here's a picture of the ones at the quiet poll at WL. The main pool doesn't have them. This one has 2 steps but I think I've seen them with 3 steps too. The theory is if you can't stand you transfer from your wheelchair to the top of the steps then lower yourself down each step into the pool. This works great for those who have good arm strength but can't stand. As a paraplegic it's my prefered method of access.

BumpStepsWL.jpg

Anybody have pictures of the zero-gravity pool?

:lmao:

I'm not sure what the official name for them are but I've always called them bump steps becasue you sit on your butt and bump down them. :)

Very cool. You learn something new every day, especially around here! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter