Please explain the banking points process?

Malibelle

<font color=magenta>Malibelle<font color=darkorchi
Well, we decided to finally buy in, we are going to call tonight. My DF doesn't understand the whole Banking points and I an not 100% sure I understand.

If we buy 150 points today and say August is our UY and they also give us the 150 points from Aug 2006. How does this work.

How long can you bank points?

Well, we decided to finally buy in, we are going to call tonight. My DF doesn't understand the whole Banking points and I an not 100% sure I understand.

If we buy 150 points today and say August is our UY and they also give us the 150 points from Aug 2006. How does this work.

How long can you bank points?

There are banking deadlines. But if you buy in now and they give you Augusts 2006 points you can still bank 100% of those points. You can bank points for 1 year. But if you end up deciding to use them after they are banked then you really borrow against 2007 points. Then in August 2007 your 2006 points are available for use.
It's a little confusing but thats how we had to do it last year.

There is also a chart that will tell you what % of points you can bank depending on your use year.

With any UY(use year) you have 6 months to bank 100% of you annual allotment of points. In your example, if you have a Aug UY, you may bank 150 your 2006 points into your 2007 UY at anytime until Jan 31st. You have until April 30 you may bank 50% of your annual allotment of points if you haven't already done so, in your case 75 points. You have until May 30 to bank 25% of your points. After May 30 you many not bank any points with a Aug UY.

Vascubaguy has a great web site with the banking deadlines..
http://members.cox.net/disneyvacationclub/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter