• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Please don't flame me...

Actually, Lecellier is a 1 credit ts not 2. At least that was what it was this past Nov.

hegs65 said:
Actually, Lecellier is a 1 credit ts not 2. At least that was what it was this past Nov.

Oops, sorry. I thought it was 2. I must have been thinking of California Grill. Oh well, still the same thing, will they really want to take away your adult credit for a kid meal. I doubt it. The question would seem to be..do the CMs know the purpose of the rule or will they just do what people on the boards do and quote a rule, say no and have no good reason for it.

hegs65 said:
I am almost afraid to ask this and I certainly do not want to start a debate but...Say my 11 yr old (who eats like a bird-but is an adult according to Disney) orders a pb&J (not even sure it is on the menu-just a for instance) at Lecellier, would I really have to use her adult credit for this or could I pay out of pocket?

The bottom line is that nobody knows the answer to this. Disney could change everything before you go. Since she is an "adult" you are not trying to save children's credits for adult use, so I can't imagine a CM giving you a hard time. :confused3

I don't think any poster had an issue but the brochure says:

Two (2) Table Service meals for each person dining at a Signature Restaurant will be redeemed from your plan balance.

This provision could, but currently isn't, be used to prevent paying out of pocket for some guests and to preventing sharing.

The menus say the children's menu is for guests from 3-9. Restaurants generally offer a children's menu at a reduced price, not priced high enough to cover overhead and profit. I doubt the restaurant would have a problem with an 11 year old but a few restaurants have charged extra, sometimes for a larger portion, if an adult (or older child) is allowed to order off the children's menu. Some restaurants let kids eat free. You wouldn't expect an older child, who wanted to eat those menu items, be allowed to eat for free. Same logic applies to a discounted price for kids.

CamColt said:
Is this only at Signature Restaurants? And how exactly is it worded?

I have contacted Disney about this exact issue and and was told

"Any member of a party may opt to "save" their dine plan credits and pay out-of-pocket for a meal. How you use the dine plan credits is your choice. You need only tell the wait staff how you want the meal paid for, before you order."

And before this answer gets twisted into sharing kids/adults, keep in mind in my question I did specify the kids would be using their credits and the adults would be payng for their meal to save their credits for a 2 credit dinner the next day.

Two (2) Table Service meals for each person dining at a Signature Restaurant will be redeemed from your plan balance.

Thanks Lewisc. I must have missed that.;)
The question I had asked was about a 1 credit meal, so that would make sense why this wasn't specified.

CamColt said:
Thanks Lewisc. I must have missed that.;)
The question I had asked was about a 1 credit meal, so that would make sense why this wasn't specified.

You asked about Signature meals. Similar language is in the brochure for dinner shows and character meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter