Please don't drive drunk.....

cuterlt

<font color=green>DH will do the laundry...when no
And don't let your friends drive drunk....
A 4 year old child was lost to this community because his mother was drinking, drove with him unrestrained in a car, swerved to get around a car, overcorrected, hit the median, crashed, and rolled, ejecting the youngster who was unrestrained.
Why is this SO hard for people to get?:confused: :( :mad:

:( There's no excuse for it.

I babysat for my neighbor's kids while they went to a Christmas party. They walked (stumbled) over to get their kids after they DROVE home. I was so pissed I was speechless and that almost never happens. Before they went to the party I even offered to drive out and pick them up if they couldn't drive home at the end of the evening. :( Idiots.

:(

WHERE WAS GOD????? .......tooooooo busy to help this poor child

so many children don't have a chance in the world because of sorry %$#@ parents. i see it all the time. :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

:( So sad.:( The mother will do 1 of 2 extremes. Dry up completely, or become an even bigger drunk.:( I hope she gets the help she needs. That poor baby.:(

The fact that a small child died needlessly and in such a horrific manor does not itself indicate the lack of a higher being Eros. Only the imperfections of man.
I am not easily offended nor do I shy away from a spirited argument. But until you have to live with the memories of a lifeless child you were unable to save or the total devastation of their family, I for one would appreciate you keeping your insensitive and inflammatory comments to a more appropriate thread . There is always room in this country and on these boards for people of differing views. But along with the freedom of speech comes the responsibility to use it wisely.
I do not know why you have chosen to be anti-religious, that is for another day.
Please don't try to turn this into a debate on God.

Steve

My sentiments exactly..

What a horrible tragedy..

What a shame, cuterlt. :( So sad a mom would so wantonly endanger a child, her own, by not only driving drunk, but by also not using the proper restraining belts/seats for her child. Such needless lack of concern. My prayers for the child, my best for the remaining family.

Fireplug, I didn't offer ANY debate...........only my own views. You may certainly discard them if you wish, but I'm entitled to expressing them.

Humans are clearly imperfect. I suppose that we're all at risk of being subjected to the exercise of "Free Will" as in murders, rapes, and the like. However,this was NOT a situation in which a mother purposely decided to harm her child. If GOD is indeed "Omnipotent", then he/she COULD have intervened if he/she chose to.

My fundamentalist friends would say that GOD just wanted to take this child "into the kingdom" at 4 years of age........the child's "destiny" was "written". I say bull****:mad: :mad: :mad: ......

Eros, as I said you are welcome to your opinions or views and I welcome open discussion with you about them, I just don't think this is the thread to to do it in.
Another time in another thread would be appreciated by many others I'm sure.

Steve

Thanks, Fireplug, but I will most likely respond similiarly on every such thread where "prayers" are offered by DISers for the deceased as well as the grieving family.

My singular perception: If GOD was just toooooooooooo busy or preoccupied to help this poor child, then why should we feel that he/she will answer ANY prayers from DISers?????:confused: :confused:

If I may interject here EROS.... I respect everyone's opinion, BUT
No prayers were offered or asked for in my initial post. And no prayers were offered until AFTER you posted your first post.

That said, I am horribly saddened by what happened to this boy. I see it all the time. We need to think about it. We need to do what we can to make sure we don't do it and that if we can prevent it, it gets prevented.
I see horrific things every day in my work. I will never understand why they happen. It will only keep me working harder for the kiddos. Whatever anyone else believes, fine. Whatever you believe, fine. Just don't hurt kids. That's all I ask. That was the whole point of posting this thread.

Cuterlt, I'm glad that you started this thread. I feel that our FIRST obligation is NOT to ourselves, but to our children. My DW is a pediatric nurse practitioner and regularly sees the consequences of safety compromises by parents. I'm with you in that regard 1000%.

I'm simply saying that for every child that tragically dies in such an accident we also fortunately see other children surviving. Who's making that call????? Are some children more deserving of life than others??????...............I don't think so:( :( :(

Originally posted by EROS

WHERE WAS GOD????? .......tooooooo busy to help this poor child
He gave us free will of which this woman chose stupidly.

Interesting thoughts EROS....
I actually usually don't see the kids who survive - I only see the kids who die or who are horribly injured. So I just don't think of it that way - who chooses who survives and why. And I quit asking those kinds of questions long ago because they were never answered for me and I guess weren't really important to me. What is important to me is taking care of them and making sure justice is done to those who hurt them. (hopefully that won't start another thread about the meaning of "justice" :rolleyes:).
And by the way, just for your education, many of the MADD folks I've dealt with would not call this an "accident", it was a CRASH....

P.S. much respect for your DW in her job. I'm sure it's filled with many difficult challenges.

Lisa

Originally posted by Pin Wizard

He gave us free will of which this woman chose stupidly.

Sooooooooooooooo, GOD chose to take the precious life of a 4 year old innocent because of an ignorant, stupid mother??????:confused: :confused: :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter