Please confirm or deny sound issues at Grand Floridian hotel rooms

I'm staying there for 5 nights in a standard view resort studio beginning November 27th. I'll report back also. I stayed just one night in June shortly after it opened, theme park view. We heard a lot of construction noise while at the courtyard pool but not much noise in the room. But we weren't even there 24 hours and it's possible the rooms next door to us were vacant.

When I stayed in the VGF (2 different room sizes), it was extremely quiet in both rooms. One day I stayed in my room all day, and I didn't even hear the expected sounds of housekeeping going up and down the hall (come to think of it-was anyone else in the building?). I'm wondering if the noise issue is unique to the resort studios in BPK.

When I stayed in the VGF (2 different room sizes), it was extremely quiet in both rooms. One day I stayed in my room all day, and I didn't even hear the expected sounds of housekeeping going up and down the hall (come to think of it-was anyone else in the building?). I'm wondering if the noise issue is unique to the resort studios in BPK.
The original building has excellent sound proofing. It's BPK with the issues.

Stayed in BPK this past September. Heard muffled convo through lock-off door, and toilets flushing/shower coming on in bathroom.

Also stayed at Contemporary in May, and while the noise from other rooms was less, the noise from the hallways/doors slamming was TERRIBLE, and bothered us way more.

After splurging on a theme park view room, I was NOT at all happy to hear the horn from the water taxis from early morning until midnight! Honestly, I should have asked for a room change at the time, but I was too lazy and didn’t want to have to pack. I regret that decision, because I’m still mad at myself. It was VERY annoying (and expensive).

Stayed many times never had problems. You might get connecting rooms and if that is where the noise is put a towel down between the two doors.
To me all rooms that share walls with other rooms are never a guarantee to be quiet. Some people are just really loud and don't seem to care. I travel with a small quiet noise machine.

We stayed a night in a theme park studio before our cruise last month. We were not impressed with the new studios. Everything seemed old, with a new coat of paint on top. Even the carpet in the hallway seemed old and dirty.

We had a studio on the 4th floor, so no one was above us - our studio had beautiful vaulted ceilings. We didn’t have any issues with noise in the studios beside us, but could hear everything from the hallway like it was happening in our studio.

We did love the view from our theme park studio - we watched the electrical parade and the MNSSHP fireworks from our balcony. Excellent view.

We used 34 points for one night in that theme park studio. We would never do that again - just not worth it for us. We would rather have a 1 bedroom somewhere else for about the same number of points.

Here since last night in a lagoon view studio on the ground floor. Personally haven't heard a pin drop.

My friend who stayed awake heard the fireworks and some people noises as well as the electrical parade. She is not complaining about these sounds.

I slept soundly through it all.

In general I don't consider everyday activity as disruptive to my vacation and nothing will keep me awake if I'm really tired, except loud music heavy on base sounds.

So, your mileage will vary depending on how well you tolerate sound.

On the other hand, wish I'd saved a few points and booked a standard view. I booked at first opportunity so had my choice of everything. It would have been a few steps less I had to walk, as we are averaging 20K steps a day.

My only complaint is that stupid Keurig machine. It takes 8 ounces of water and after your brew you get about 7 ounces. I had to brew 2 cups to get enough coffee for me at 5:30am. We just moved here from a resort with the 10 cup brewers, so the difference is more marked at the moment.

Our room is spotless, the view is great and my bed is comfy. I may ask for a different coffee set up or I may just put up with it and make do. Not unhappy!

I am at BPK now, and we were awakened this morning by a loud conversation and kids screaming. I realized it was the family next door. I think we’ll stick to the original building from now on.

Our other wall is the elevator. We have heard no noise from the elevator.

Is BPK the only building with the GF2 rooms?
I was thinking of booking for next year, just to try them out and liked they had two beds for studios.
Don't like Keurig so that is a con and just wondering.

Thank you.

Is BPK the only building with the GF2 rooms?
I was thinking of booking for next year, just to try them out and liked they had two beds for studios.
Don't like Keurig so that is a con and just wondering.

Thank you.
Yes, BPK is the only one with VGF2 (resort studio) rooms.

For the record, my sister stayed in the original DVC building in a studio and she also had a Keurig. This is not unique to the resort studios.

For the record, my sister stayed in the original DVC building in a studio and she also had a Keurig. This is not unique to the resort studios.
I am in a Deluxe Studio and also have a Keurig. ☕

I am in a Deluxe Studio and also have a Keurig. ☕
Wow! Thank you both. When did this change? I have stayed in Villa studios but usualy 1-2 bedrooms at GF and they always have regular coffee makers. I only drink black iced coffee and hate the taste of Keurig so this will be a problem lol

We were in a resort studio Sunday & Monday night - they were doing some work w/ a cherry picker on the nearby stairs & when on the balcony I could hear that, but otherwise our room was very quiet - 4th floor dormer non connecting. Keurig for coffee.
We are now in a 1 br. in the original building & although it has the bigger coffee pot (w/ a V filter, not a basket type) it has K pods in w/ the regular bigger coffee pods. I searched the kitchen wondering if there was a Keurig stashed somewhere otherwise why give us Kpods? 😂. No luck. I deduced that they must have Keurigs in deluxe studios.

We were in a resort studio Sunday & Monday night - they were doing some work w/ a cherry picker on the nearby stairs & when on the balcony I could hear that, but otherwise our room was very quiet - 4th floor dormer non connecting. Keurig for coffee.
We are now in a 1 br. in the original building & although it has the bigger coffee pot (w/ a V filter, not a basket type) it has K pods in w/ the regular bigger coffee pods. I searched the kitchen wondering if there was a Keurig stashed somewhere otherwise why give us Kpods? 😂. No luck. I deduced that they must have Keurigs in deluxe studios.
Lake studio 1304 does have a Keurig. I just left there this morning

Lake studio 1304 does have a Keurig. I just left there this morning
I suspect the studio that can connect to our 1 br. likewise has a Keurig - since the 1 br. + a studio = a lock off 2 br., so if you’ve booked a lock off 2 br. you could use the K pods in the Keurig in the studio portion - but I chuckled at getting a bunch of K pods w/ no way to make coffee w/ them. Now I’m curious whether the dedicated 2 br.s also get K pods?

I'm staying there for 5 nights in a standard view resort studio beginning November 27th. I'll report back also. I stayed just one night in June shortly after it opened, theme park view. We heard a lot of construction noise while at the courtyard pool but not much noise in the room. But we weren't even there 24 hours and it's possible the rooms next door to us were vacant.
We arrived home tonight after a wonderful trip! We were in a standard view resort studio on the first floor that opened onto the lobby. Room 9120, the first of two rooms between the front entry and the elevator. It was a connecting room and our first evening there was considerable noise from two young children laughing and running around. The noise ended around 10pm and we never heard them again. However, we were up early going to the parks most mornings, and we used a white noise app. Later in the week I could hear muffled conversations between adults through the connecting door but it wasn't loud enough to bother us.

The other wall was next to the entry and we would occasionally hear loud conversations as groups returned in the evenings and a faint mechanical sound of the automatic doors opening and closing.

The main drawback to this room was that the porch had no privacy and the view was of two service carts that were parked in front of the porch for most of our stay. I like to sit out on the balcony and relax but didn't do that this trip. Also, I'd requested "upper floor" a few months ago, so this was one of those times when our request wasn't granted. We've had some amazing pixie dust on room locations since joining DVC 15 years ago, so it wasn't that big of a deal. It made us seek out alternative outdoor spaces and there are plenty of those at the Grand.

The noise would not keep me from booking there again unless I was traveling with someone who was a very light sleeper. We are not.

Funny you mention this, I am here right now in a resort studio and am awake at 7am because I can hear every word of the phone conversation the woman in the room next to me is having. This is in addition to the toilet flushing above and people in the halls. She doesn't even seem to be talking at any inappropriate volume so this is in no way her fault, the walls are just that thin. When the little kid next door coughs it sounds like she's in here with me. Desperately in need of soundproofing. It's pretty bad. We also have a connecting door which I imagine is making it worse.

The room is beautifully appointed and very clean, the lagoon view is great, but I actually am unsure if I would book it again. I didn't have this issue in the OG villas building.

Edit to update: We are home now and after 5 nights of 630-7am wakeups followed by hearing cartoons playing for the next hour or so my husband does not want to stay at GF anymore and has requested we do Riviera (our home and usual resort) next Christmas. I can't blame him. The walls are *so* thin and the parents next door were dealing with what sounded to be a very fussy kindergartner after long park days. No more resort studios for us! I will say, the room furnishings were very nice and I enjoyed the style, so if you were blessed with quiet neighbors it could be a very nice stay, but if noise bothers you, I would avoid it and/or go for the OG villas building.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter