• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please confirm or deny sound issues at Grand Floridian hotel rooms

Frugal Fairy Tales

points are just points
I hear reports that Grand Floridian outer building rooms desperately need sound proofing... any truth to this? (I hope not)

Last edited:
I hear reports that VGF rooms desperately need sound proofing... any truth to this?
I cannot speak to BPK but I had no problems with noise in the original VGF building. But, I have not stayed in a studio there, so I don't know how much noise bleeds through from the connecting 1BR.

Was in a studio last May for just two nights. Could here some from room next door and wasn’t from the connecting door. While in the bathroom, in the morning, could here chatter and tv sound nearby. Overall was a very pleasant stay. Rumor has it that Big Pine used more paper in the wall making.

I always think of the current VGF rooms as some of the most quiet and best sound proofed. I would hope if there are any sound issues in the outer buildings that would be remedied.

We've only stayed in one of the outer GF and it was not Big Pine. No recall of any sound issues. Often that's more about the people in the room next to you than the room itself. Many stays at Jambo and only one time was there a sound issue. We really only knew about the misery the teen was suffering by having to be at DisneyWorld thru the parents responses.

Last edited:
we had a baby in a studio last spring so we were noise aware, i would say nothing in excess of what you would expect out of a normal nice hotel room (maybe a touch quieter, but also covid still had capacity low, it was early in the vaccine process), but there was some noise which i think is to be expected of a lock off studio where there is only a door between you and your neighbor. Not sure what room type you're looking at.

I have heard others complain about this in the hotel outer buildings, but we've stayed in these rooms many times and have never had an issue. Honestly, if you have a connecting door and a screaming baby on the other side of it, you're going to hear it no matter what resort you're in.

For the remodel, are they tearing down to the studs and rebuilding walls?

For the remodel, are they tearing down to the studs and rebuilding walls?
This is a very quick flip. The refurb was scheduled to begin yesterday. The studios will be ready for occupancy on June 19 according to those who bought this morning and received their paperwork.

I've heard from many that the walls ARE VERY THIN on the hotel side which will be the new Big Pine Key Resort Studios.

Only noise that ever bothered me on hotel side was the horn blasting from the shuttle ferry, twice coming in and twice leaving, starting early morning till after park close.

Only noise that ever bothered me on hotel side was the horn blasting from the shuttle ferry, twice coming in and twice leaving, starting early morning till after park close.
Wow, that would be annoying on its own. Good thing the lobby and grounds are beautiful to make up for the inconvenience!

We've never stayed at BPK but we have at other outer buildings. Didn't have any adjacent-room-noise issues. But it all depends on how loud the family next to you is. We've also stayed at POP several times with no issue, but one time the family next door was so loud we had to call the front desk to complain. So it all depends. I wonder why BLT isn't like that, maybe the walls are built differently. Anyway, I would wager that it won't be a huge problem and most stays will be fine (except for the ferry horn, that will be every time!)

I stayed in BPK room 9410 the past weekend for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon.

I could hear neighbors talking and using the bathroom.

The room overlooked the pool and there was a considerable amount of pool noise. The pool is open until 11pm

There is the Magic Kingdom fireworks, followed by the music from the Electrical Water Pageant.

There is also the ferry horn.

This is through the lens of going to bed early and waking up at 3am for the races, and taking a nap after the races.

Now, think about those folks who payed serious cash or used a ton of points to reserve a Poly bungalow. Regardless of your financial health, that blaring right outside your window (and I do understand they used insulated windows) for 16 hours a day would kill it for me.

We just stayed at BPK and only heard minimum noise from the bathroom in the adjoining room. We also had no one above us and we were at the end of the hallway which allowed us to have a more quiet room.

In the original building I never heard anything through the walls or the connecting door. Luckily the connecting door in the original building is off near the entrance door.

I've stayed at VGF1, the original DVC building a ton, and it is GORGEOUS and I never had a single issue, sound or otherwise. But it is fairly new construction, and the rest of GF is not.

BPK, or VGF2, the "resort" category, is another story. I had a nightmare of a stay there. And I don't consider myself particular noise-sensitive. For example, I could care less about the ferry, when I stay Poly lake view, which is very close to the ferry. At VGF2, the doors have huge gaps to the hallways, I could hear someone ripping papers next door. I travel more than most and had status in two chains before Covid, and this was bad. It was not at modern standards, embarrassingly bad for a "deluxe" property. Noise from an upstairs neighbor is really bad, and I haven't heard anything that bad in a long time.

I live posted it in that thread, here's an example. "3PM. My neighbors are now conducting what I assume is a very loud Zoom call, I can hear both sides, and the building next door is using at least three kinds of heavy construction equipment and it sounds like they have some saws going now. The person upstairs is moving luggage around, and i can hear them walk to the bathroom and flush the toilet. Somehow my kid is sleeping through this. Wow."

I had hoped to always stay in that building, and get grandma a room next door, but that is no longer an option for me.

Last edited:
We just returned from an 8 night stay at a resort studio in big pine key. Our neighbors three doors Down and across the hall had a mobility scooter and i could hear the beeping backing up as if it was in our room. Can hear suitcases and carts rolling down sidewalk sounds as if Slider is open. Can also clearly hear normal conversations in adjacent rooms.

Was pretty unimpressed by the constant noise from construction. They don’t take a break on weekends so on Saturday we had the pleasure of fire alarms tested mixed with beep beep back up of cherry pickers all day in the construction building.

Broken sprinkler heads created muddy mess and not attended to during the 8 night stay. Also- quick service food was not good- hamburger was full of bone particles indicating to me it was the lowest quality beef that money can buy. Quick service latte. Machine leaking and not operating all 8 days. They kept saying try back later today and finally admitted on last day that it was out of commission. Frustrating for someone who wants a decent cup of coffee. We adjusted and got Starbucks in parks.

Two laundry machines to service all the rooms so they’re impossible to get into que unless u take a day to camp out for access.

Not impressed.

Our friends just returned from a week in a new resort studio and the only noise they heard was some from the hallways. It was not bad or disrupt/disturb their vacation. DW and I will be staying in a resort studio ourselves at the beginning of January and I'll report back on our experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter