• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please calm my fears about POP

Was at the POP last year and loved it. If I was'nt going on my honeymoon @ CSR I would've booked the POP again.

The only complaint I have is that there's this sweet smell at everything POP. It kinda made me feel qweezy eveytime I went in there.

We'll be staying 5 nts. at VWL, then 3 nts. at POP. Last year, we stayed at ASMo for 1 nt. (a last minute add-on) and after reading negative posts about Values, was afraid to even try it! We were so surprised at how cheerful, Disney-like and clean everything was...we never had any noise problem, either. We actually liked it better than POR.
I looked on tripadvisor.com, which has great reviews on hotels everywhere, and saw POP was in their top 5 family resorts in the country--even ahead of WL! We're looking forward to trying it out!

Karla B.

We just got back last month from a short (3 day trip). I loved it. We are used to staying at deluxes, but it was just me and the kids this time and it was great. I'm going to try to get my DH to try it for a couple of days next time we go. I figure we can start with POP and end up at a deluxe, just to give him a taste and then still be on the safe side if he doesn't like it. We had no trouble with the room condition, the buses, or food. I loved the food court and gift shop, and the whole theme is so cute! We stayed in the 50's right beside the Lady icon with a pool view. Very good location without paying for preferred. The kids swam in both the bowling pin pool and the hippy dippy pool and liked both. Have fun and don't worry!

My Ex and I loved Pop last year, and I plan to return there w/ my mom (either this august or the following). It's clean, service/transportation are great, food and pools are wonderful- It's a completely adequate and fun place to stay. I don't think I'd go there for a super-romantic indulgence type of trip, but it's perfect if you're just looking to have fun, spend most of your time in the parks, etc. There's so many interesting touches like the displays in the lobby that make it a Disney resort. You'll have a great time!

I love POP! My kids (11 & 15) love POP! My husband loves POP! Im gonna get POP tattoo'ed across my butt....

Okay - not the last part, but we all love POP!

September will be my 3rd trip in a year, all staying at POP!

I think you've made a wise decision! BTW - I used to always stay at POFQ.

We just booked POP for an August trip. We stayed at POP for a week in February and really liked it -- POP is a great value. We had always stayed at Moderate and Deluxes for the last 12 years and DD12 wanted to give POP a try. I'm so glad we did. We found the transportation to be the best of any resort we've stayed at. Never waited more than 15 minutes -- and that was only once, at Epcot, after Illuminations. Oftentimes at MK's close, while the line for the bus was really long, they'd load two busses at a time. Our check-in was quick (although we were checking in at midnight and the lines looked a lot worse at other times of the day).

Anyway, we had such a good experience in February that we are returning in August. Can put the money saved toward other things.

I'll have to be the first person to say DH and I's last trip was half empty because of POP. I should have known better when after waiting over an hour in line for check-in and making it to our room to find dirty walls. Walls covered in smudges, crayon, food and what looked like blood. Clearly I should have brought my Mr. Clean eraser to tidy up the place. It was SO loud with all the kids running around and doors banging. We waited most afternoons about 50 mins in line to take a bus back to the park. There were usually enough people to warrant 3 busses by the time they did show up. The frozen coke machine was never frozen. Our biggest mistake was cancelling our BC reservation because of the cheaper price at POP. I found All Stars much better, but after our last trip we're done with values.

do you remember what section you were in - was it the 60's or maybe 80's???

DD(6yo) -- who has stayed in all the locations listed to the left with the exception of ASMu, POFQ and YC -- claims that POP is her favorite Disney Resort. (Wish we'd have known that before we purchased DVC! :lmao: )

We stayed there on a Mommy-and-Me trip for her 5th birthday. The CMs were great and gave her extra birthday attention (one sang to her, another made sure she got a phone call from Goofy, and the resort gave her balloons and a card autographed by Cinderella). She loved the pools (despite their lack of water slides) and had a blast in the pop jet fountains. Room size was perfect for the 2 of us.

We must have gone to the parks at less popular hours; there were never more than 20 people on a bus except for the one time we left Epcot after IlluniNations -- we'll never do THAT again!

As an adult, I did miss having a hot tub at the Resort, but I soaked my feet in the bathtub at night -- all the while mentally calculating the money we'd saved by staying there. A great end to the day!

That said, I don't think we'll ever manage to take a family trip to POP. DH is 6'6" and I kept thinking how glad I was that he and DS hadn't joined us -- DH alone would have made the room seem really cramped!

We've stayed at POP 3 times...never had a complaint about it nor did we experience any of the negative things I've read on here. Always stayed in the 60s.

Name a resort and you can get posters to say they love it .. and posters to say they didn't love it.

Not every resort meets everyone's needs. That's why Disney offers a variety of accommodations.

The problems with a room being not presentable etc.. Can be found at any resort.. even the deluxes.

I've stayed at Pop on several occasions and we always found it to be very much to our liking.

Knox

DD(6yo) -- who has stayed in all the locations listed to the left with the exception of ASMu, POFQ and YC -- claims that POP is her favorite Disney Resort. (Wish we'd have known that before we purchased DVC! :lmao: )

That said, I don't think we'll ever manage to take a family trip to POP. DH is 6'6" and I kept thinking how glad I was that he and DS hadn't joined us -- DH alone would have made the room seem really cramped!

my brother is not that big - but all he did was complaint about how small the rooms were.....:rotfl:

yea! Pop is becoming a favorite - but I did purchase DVC in 1993 - long before Pop.

We stayed at POP in January and it was great!! We had a great room, the food court was nice, and mousekeeping was wonderful, towel animals almost everyday! DH and I stayed at POR the year before and enjoyed it fine but money wise POP was just as great and it was cheaper! The bus transportation was great too, and I am another FROZEN COKE lover too!

POP is fantastic--great transportation, fun atmosphere, friendly staff, and good food court. I used to stay only at the POLY, but now I choose POP. With the money I save, I can really live it up in the parks and restaurants. Plus, I just love the whimsical charm of this resort; it's very "Disney" to me.

Our family loves Pop! I am a picky person and I think Pop is great for the money. We have always paid extra to be on the main pool and lobby. It is so clean and has such a fun atmosphere. We usually go to Disney twice a year. We stay at the Deluxe once and the Value once. My kids 2 and 4 always say they like Pop the best.

We Loved the POP , I took my DS for ESPN weekend ...the food court was good , the buses were good, the front desk was good...it was all good!!Go have a good time and enjoy!!

We loved Pop! We stayed in 50's section. Very close to buses and food court. There are three pools, and the 80's and 50's seem quieter. We used the 50's bowling pin pool a lot and sometimes we were the only people there! The lake is beautiful and scenic - and very quiet (and romantic!) :love: My husband fished off the bank a couple of times while we were there, and there was no one around! I think it has a great mix of hustle bustle and serene areas too! My daugther loved Pop too! (she is 15). And! we had a discount for (I think it was) 49/night!

great post- thanks so much for all the positive reviews! Thinking about staying here, and its good to hear so many people that enjoy it!! as canadian guy said, all resorts are going to have some that like it, and some that don't, but their seems to be a lot of love for pop around here!! also, per the suggestion of someone else on this post, i checked tripadvisor, and the reviews are good! thanks again guys!

BF and I stayed there last September and I was nervous too but I have to say that we LOVED POP! We loved all the old time icons that were around the resort and thinking back to our childhood. We stayed in the 70s next to the big wheel (pretty close to the food court/bus stop relatively speaking) since that was our favorite toy growing up.

Next year when we go we will probably give AS Movies a try just to see something different but we love the theming of the values. I'll probably go back to POP after that. I've stayed at AS Sports and thought it was ok (too sports themey for me) and CBR (too spaced out) as well.

I'm so glad to hear such positive things about Pop. We are staying there for the first time in August and had heard some negatives. I just can't justify the extra cost this year, dh isn't going with us so it's just me and my 2 sons, maybe my mil. Having never stayed in a value I was nervous, but you have all calmed my fears. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter