please calm me down....

krismom

<font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color
Hi everyone. I will be traveling to WDW in 2 weeks :banana: and I am worried I may have trouble getting another GAC for my son. You see, I read on another board that as of April, they are no longer giving out GAC's or something like that. We obtained a GAC for my 4 year old son on our last trip (he has asthma and a seizure disorder) and, I would never have scheduled this trip (in Summer) if I thought we couldn't wait in the shade for attractions.We only used it last time for non FP rides. I still have the previous card, and the nuerologist's letter.... does anyone think I will have a problem? I guess we might be spending alot of time at the pool instead! Any input would be appreciated!
Thanks!
:wave2:

Is this true about not giving out the GACs? My daughter has the same issue as OP's son with the seizure disorder and need for shade...is there some reason we would not be able to get a GAC? I will have a note from her neurologist.

I would like the OP to let me know where this information was obtained?
If you don't feel comfortable posting it, PM me and let me know.
We were at WDW in April and were able to get a GAC. There are WDW CMs who post on the DIS Boards frequenly. If the GAC was being discontinued, they would have posted about it.
I know they changed the wording of one paricular GAC stamp recenly, so I wonder if the "discontinuing" is a misunderstanding of that.

SueM in MN said:
I know they changed the wording of one paricular GAC stamp recenly, so I wonder if the "discontinuing" is a misunderstanding of that.

I think this is the issue. I was at WDW last week and was told "we haven't done that since April" in reference to the GAC I had requested from my Autistic son. But after coming here and posting I realize what she really meant was that the stamp had changed. But at the time I was flabbergasted too.

Hi guys- I am the OP and I am trying to find the thread where I read the info about the GAK change. I will certainly post it here when I do.... anyway, I think perhaps I misunderstood and it was the stamp that was discontinued by that person requesting it. To the person who tried last week, what stamp did you request? and what was given in exchange for it? Is it worded differently, or did they not give you any at all? Thanks again- sorry for the confusion...
:lovestruc

krismom said:
the person who tried last week, what stamp did you request? and what was given in exchange for it? Is it worded differently, or did they not give you any at all? Thanks again- sorry for the confusion...
:lovestruc

If you are referring to me (I was at WDW between 5/21 and 5/28), I did not request a particular stamp. Honestly, I didn't know I could request one. I explained our situation and was issued a GAC with the stamp: Provide with Shade, if available and Guests can use Alternate Attraction entrance where available.

I don't know what the old stamps were. I was just told that it changed in April. So, I cannot speak to the differences between the cards. I never used my card but was told on these boards that it could have been used in the Fastpass line, in place of a Fastpass.

Enjoy your trip. :earsgirl:

Thanks for your quick reply... I will have to look at our old GAK to see what the old stamp was. I was hoping for something similar- I guess we'll see. Thanks again!
:flower:

I would rather not get into exact wording on the boards and what it means.
One of the reasons is that Disney changes the exact wording often enough that it's hard to keep up. Another reason is the possibility of abuse with people going in and asking for a specific "message".

What people need to do is describe/explain their needs to the CMs at Guest Services. If you ask for a specific message, that one may not be available any more or there may actually be something the CM can suggest that meets your needs better. If you have an old GAC, it does help to take it along; when you show it to the CM, you can either say, "I got this last time and it met my needs" or "I got this last time and it didn't meet my needs. I also needed xxxx. What would you suggest?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter