• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Platinum Check In

Our last cruise was the Fantasy last June and they absolutely let us choose brunch, which was great, since it's our favorite :)

Our last cruise was the Fantasy last June and they absolutely let us choose brunch, which was great, since it's our favorite :)

I'm going to try this for sure, dinner isn't my thing maybe I would like this better.

They have always comped our first meal in Palo which is usually brunch.

I'll echo the same above - we've always used Palo Brunch for my Platinum freebie and no issues at all.

I was also on the Wonder out of PC last week and as usual it was extremely congested near the boarding area. I definitely make my way up there as we do like to board as early as possible, and this time I did pay attention and looked harder at the other boarding cards and when they announced 1 - it was insane how many boarded and they didn't have Platinum lanyards either. I didn't see a ton of Gold/Concierge cards too so I'm not sure how or why so many people had 1 boarding cards. I'm honestly thinking people just joined in or friends joined in because it was really obvious this time. I'm going again next week so I'm going to pay attention again and see if it's different for the Dream as you'd expect there should be more since there are more passengers on the Dream.

Heather

Just sailed the Wonder last week and I was able to choose Palo online - the brunch or the dinner. We always seem to opt for the dinner and brunch seems to fill up fast. This last cruise brunch was greyed out which meant full. Perhaps I could've asked at Palo but I prefer the dinner as I love Cabanas lunch. The receipt arrives after your meal and it is $0.00 for 2 adults in our case. You can leave your gratuity on the receipt as well.

I'll echo the same above - we've always used Palo Brunch for my Platinum freebie and no issues at all.

I was also on the Wonder out of PC last week and as usual it was extremely congested near the boarding area. I definitely make my way up there as we do like to board as early as possible, and this time I did pay attention and looked harder at the other boarding cards and when they announced 1 - it was insane how many boarded and they didn't have Platinum lanyards either. I didn't see a ton of Gold/Concierge cards too so I'm not sure how or why so many people had 1 boarding cards. I'm honestly thinking people just joined in or friends joined in because it was really obvious this time. I'm going again next week so I'm going to pay attention again and see if it's different for the Dream as you'd expect there should be more since there are more passengers on the Dream.

Heather

When we were sailing on the Magic this January they would not allow people without a boarding group 1 card to board. There were 4 families who were platinum that were allowed to board, us included. The crowd that just hover by the boarding area is crazy!

When we were sailing on the Magic this January they would not allow people without a boarding group 1 card to board. There were 4 families who were platinum that were allowed to board, us included. The crowd that just hover by the boarding area is crazy!
I would think

I would think wearing a Platinum lanyard would be obvious at the terminal with #1 boarding card, but I still had to push through people to get to the front to board who had gold and silver lanyards.

When we first became Platinum, I was so excited to use the concierge/platinum check in. It quickly wore off. For us, there has always been a line, and a long one this last cruse 3 weeks ago. I actually considered just going to the regular line at one point. Then you get the terrible experience of trying to get through the people who just crowd up to the front before their group is called, it's terrible, I wish DCL could figure something out, at least in Port Canaveral. The same thing happens at the airport, it's called gate lice.

I have actually considered showing up to the port much later just so we don't have to deal with it. The bad part about that is missing out on one of the few benefits of being platinum by not getting on the ship first.

Question on Platinum perks. We have been platinum for quite sometime and have enjoyed being one of the first to embark as to avoid the crowds during lunch. On our next cruise we will have 2 families who will be joining us for the first time. I have divided my family members who are Platinum members in each room with the thought that all will be #1 to board. Does it work that way? Is it also true as others have mentioned here that all of the members over 18 years of age will receive a free Palo brunch/dinner if a Platinum member is part of the state room?

I did the same thing, big family trip, so I'm interested in this too, will we all be able to board in group one, even though only some of us are Platinum, but there is at least one Platinum member in each room? Also, if one of the rooms only contains a Platinum member who is a minor, will the adult non Platinum in that room receive a free Palo meal?

Hi! We will finally be Platinum on our upcoming cruise. I've heard we can check in at the concierge desk. Can someone tell me how the check in and boarding process works? Also, are there any "surprise" perks to platinum that aren't listed on the Castaway Club site?

Thanks in advance!

Checkin for Platinum is different from everyone else.. there is a separate small area at the far end of Port Canaveral. There can be a line at times, we've seen it empty and with a line of 7-8 parties waiting. The area is quiet, unhurried. There are three individual stations, giving the air of more personal service. You will get boarding number 1 (concierge goes first, but they don't need a number). After you check in there is a nice small waiting area there with a few plush chairs and couches (different from the concierge lounge). That is a nice perk, if there is room for you...very comfortable and quiet.

Surprise perks? Well, other than the above, when you board if you go to the topside buffet it will be quite empty, you'll have your choice of tables and uncrowned buffet stations. The crowd will slowly grow, then the place gets quite full and noisy. You'll have the gift choice sheet in your cabin, and of course you had early access to shore excursions (think cabana!) before the cruise. Don't miss your free visit to Pablo.

Each time we got on with boarding #1 we had to wait 15 minutes before the buffets even opened. You still have to go back to the opening where everyone else gets on so even if you get a seat in that at area the above poster is saying, it is hard to fight your way to get there.

I remember where you just got into a que when you got there and that is how you got on follow the line in. I know they can't do that because then everyone would come at once . This was before the Dream and Fantasy.

Each time we got on with boarding #1 we had to wait 15 minutes before the buffets even opened. You still have to go back to the opening where everyone else gets on so even if you get a seat in that at area the above poster is saying, it is hard to fight your way to get there.

I remember where you just got into a que when you got there and that is how you got on follow the line in. I know they can't do that because then everyone would come at once . This was before the Dream and Fantasy.

Heather

Once, many years ago, there was a large family/group boarding with a lot of young adult types in the family. They kept saying the Dad (last in the line) had their boarding tickets. Well, guess what? When the Dad gets there, he doesn't have a #1 - he has a #7 or something with his finger over the top of the 7. They tell him no but since the rest of his family has already gone thru, they let him in. Can you imagine!?!

Once, many years ago, there was a large family/group boarding with a lot of young adult types in the family. They kept saying the Dad (last in the line) had their boarding tickets. Well, guess what? When the Dad gets there, he doesn't have a #1 - he has a #7 or something with his finger over the top of the 7. They tell him no but since the rest of his family has already gone thru, they let him in. Can you imagine!?!
Sadly, yes, I can imagine.

I have 3 older kids and one thing I realized is that time goes by so quickly and once they are teenagers the fascination with Disney wears off................ so we work extra hard at enjoying time with our little one!

We just renewed our passes a couple of weeks ago. I would say we average going to WDW about once a month.

It helps that we live 3 min from WDW and 60 min from Port Canaveral

Don't be so sure. I started taking my oldest kid to Disneyland before she could walk. Only because
she was free ...it was nearby..and something to do. Fast forward to now . She started college and the disney
bug is worse than ever. It is never ending "When are we going back on the cruise or fly to disney world
or back to Aulani?"

That pixie dust can be vicious!!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter