Plans?We Don't Need No Stinkin' Plans! Dorky Disboutiquing Diser Sista UPDATED! 9/13

Glad you guys are back for another trip.
I laughed out loud at "Brian is Catholic, he has a lot of sisters." I'm seventh of seven, I can. :lmao::lmao:
If you don't mind me asking-I thought I saw something about you guys celebrating your anniversary-is that something you celebrate?

I know Heather answered, but I'll answer again. Yep, we celebrate anniversaries! And, if I do say so myself, Heather and I gave my parents THE BEST anniversary party EVER a few years ago!!! People STILL talk about it! :thumbsup2

I have been MIA from the DIS for a few weeks so I am slowly catching up on all of my subscribed threads.

I also did not know about the build your own hat at DTD - I did not know you could do that at the MK either until the end of our last trip. So I think we will have to try that next time.

I am the family photographer so I loved the photo of your toes to prove you were there! Corey takes great photos so we get to see you sometimes. The few times I have trusted my DH or others to take care of the photo taking I was not very pleased with the results.

Looking forward to your next update!

I'm glad you liked my toes! :rotfl: Brian takes good pictures, but he doesn't take good pictures of what I find important. So, I like to take most of the pictures. Corey has his own camera, so he also takes a lot, which is nice. He is saving this summer for some fancy shmancy DSLR camera with video.

Just checkin in!!!:teleport: :wave: :magnify:puckerup::yo-yo::teleport:

Me too!! :rotfl::lmao::laughing:
What a tease...i thought there was an update this morning!

Sorry Kristine!! I have the next installment mostly written, but I need to go back and make it interesting now! And add pictures! I think things should slow down this week, and as long as I don't get sick (which seems to happen every other week lately, and this would be the week) I will get to work on this!!! I want to get through the next day, which was not so good and onto some of the fun stuff we did! Although, not so good days are the most interesting to read about!!! ;)

The timeshare tour wasn't until 10:30, so we didn't need to rush around too much in the morning. I started packing up our things and then Corey and Brian got up, got ready to go down to breakfast.

DSCF5473.JPG

DSCF5474.JPG

I told Corey that the front desk had told us that we had VIP seating for breakfast so if he saw something about VIP, that was where he should sit.
He looked at me as if I were nuts, but agreed.

He's a good kid like that, he thinks I'm crazy, but he usually listens anyway!

I told him I'd meet them down there soon when the girls were ready.

While the girls were getting dressed, I called the front desk to ask if we could have a late check out.

I was planning on leaving Corey to watch the girls in the room while Brian and I went on the timeshare tour. As I mentioned before, this hotel had CABLE!!! So, the kids were pretty pleased with the idea when I told them.

At home we were getting 1/2 a channel if we were luck.
Let's here it for the Digital Upgrade!!
NOT!
Stupid thing, we could rarely ever get anything in! I recently gave up the ship and ordered very basic cable for $10 a month. I think it's worth it not to be constantly wrestling with the rabbit ears and stupid convertor box! I despise that stupid thing!

Umm, where was I??? Oh yah, late checkout...

They were very nice and agreed to a 1PM checkout. This gave us over 2 1/2 hours to get through the timeshare tour and get back. Since the tour was only suppose to be 90 minutes, it was plenty of time.

The girls got dressed. They decided they wanted to match
DSCF5475.JPG

DSCF5476.JPG

each other anyway....

and I got down to breakfast at 9:00 and Arminda made a waffle.
Yumm, waffles...

I was helping Lydia get her things, and I noticed all the food was being put away.

Lydia wanted a yogurt

as I made a flying leap for the yogurt, an employee shut the yogurt fotress up tight and locked it!l

Wow, that must be some very valuable yogurt to keep it under lock and key like that!!!

I did convince the employee to let me have one of the very valuable yogurts (VVY) and a doughnut. MMMM.... I love doughnuts....

Apparently, breakfast ended at 9AM and not 9:30, woops!

We found enough food and then found Brian and Corey sitting in the VIP section. Brian was pretty pleased to be sitting there! There was more food in this section (just a few things) and they brought coffee right to the table.

We sat and ate and talked a bit and then went back to the room to finish packing up and getting ready. I told Corey that they were not to leave the room while we were gone and to call us on our cell phone if they needed anything. Brian and I kissed the kids good-bye and headed on out.

As we were going through the parking lot, Brian saw this truck
DSCF5477.JPG

and wanted me to take a picture of him by it!
DSCF5478.JPG

Kind of cool, huh?

And even cooler that Brian wanted a picture in front of it!

Then, we were on our way!
Well, first, Brian wanted to make sure I got a picture of the antenna topper I'd bought the night before. He liked the way it matched the van:
DSCF5479.JPG

Woops, I guess I really didn't get much of the van in the picture!

The timeshare, Calypso Cay
Other_G_1.jpg

was just a few miles down the road, so it didn't take long to get there.

After we checked in with the front desk,
Calypso-Cay-Kids-Area.jpg

another couple came in.
There was a bit of a problem, because they had been told there would be a meal and to come hungry. They followed the directions and arrived very hungry.
Unfortunately, there had been a miscommunication and there was no meal. The wife had to take medication that needed taken with food.
The husband was polite but visibly upset when they were told that there was nothing they could do for them.
I thought that they probably could have found these people a bagel or something, but they didn't give them anything.
I felt bad for them.

We waited awhile and then Alberto came out to greet us. He asked us some general questions about when we arrived and where we were staying. We had booked several hotel nights with a timeshare tour package. We were suppose to tour a resort the next day, but since it was Arminda's birthday the next day, we needed to get to the parks instead. The tour company fixed it so that we could tour a day early but not at the resort we were staying at. This confused Alberto when we tried to explain it to him too. When he finally figured it out, he started to get a bit of an attitude with us. (Imagine that, a timeshare guide getting an attitude, will wonders never cease??) When we sat down and he went through the normal timeshare speal, we were able to tell him that we owned our own timeshare that we loved. We explained to him that we liked to go there every year.

Alberto told us that it sounded like we already had something that would work for us and that he was going to show us why we would hate purchasing what he had to offer.

Obviuosly we though this was rather odd, but I was hoping it would get us out of there early. Of course, Alberto had to go through the rest of his presentation anyway.

Alberto bragged to us how he had come into this country as an illegal alien.
Which, I must say, did not impress either Brian or I in the least.
He had a story about how he slept on a yellow blow up raft for his first year in this country.
istockphoto_6613092-yellow-raft-flo.jpg

I'm pretty sure his wasn't in the water when he was sleeping on it though.

That is, until he discovered this wonder called

TIME SHARE!!!

It turned his life around,

IT

WAS

AMAZING!

He bought the timeshare, although he couldn't afford anything to sleep on except that $1.50 raft,
because as he explained,
he didn't have enough money for the $4.00 one.
DELUXE%20raft.jpg

Oh to dream!

NEXT

To prove to us what a great guy he was, he told us that before going to work selling timeshares, he had worked for Disney. He even showed us his old Disney ID.

Alberto%20ID.JPG

oooooohhhhh.....impressive.....

He then showed us very old pictures of vacations he had taken,

all thanks to:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE WONDER OF TIMESHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He then showed us pictures of a house,

with him in it.

He claimed that it was his house...........

How could he,

an illegal alien,

have such a wonderous house???

HOW you ask???

TIME SHARE!

Oh my what a wonderous thing this timeshare is!!!!

But, of course, Alberto told us, we wouldn't want any of this, since we were happy with our timeshare and liked coming to Orlando.

Out of formality sake, he needed us to write down 5 different places we wanted to travel to. He handed us a form and told us to write down our vacation spots.

We started filling out the form, and then Alberto came back and told us we had to fill out everything on the form. It was full of lots of questions, such as "How much would you need to put away each month for your dream vacation?" Brian and I had only come up with three places we wanted to travel to, but quickly wrote down two more just so we could get out of this place.

Of course, Alberto was SHOCKED to see that we hadn't wrote down "Orlando" for every vacation we wanted to take!
He was TRULY confused!

Poor guy, he confuses easily.

I reminded him that he had told us to write down different spots, but he insisted that this meant we weren't happy just coming to Orlando every year.
And, oddly, even though Brian and I both told him he was wrong,
he insisted he was not!
Then, he jumped on how much we had put that we would need for our dream vacation,
insisting that this was the amount that we were currently saving a month for our yearly vacation,
even though we tired to explain to him that we didn't actually spend that much.

Things were starting to get pretty nasty!

At one point Alberto asked where our children were and we explained that our 17 year old son was watching the two younger kids in the hotel room. He accused us of child abuse for leaving the kids in the room instead of taking them to a Disney Park.

Yep, seriously, he did!

Alberto also told us that our current timeshare was breaking the law because it allowed 6 people to stay in a one bedroom room. Our timeshare has a bedroom, and then in the living area there is a Murphy bed and a fold out couch. Perfect for our family. He insisted though that they were breaking the law by allowing this.

I mentioned to Alberto that we really needed to wrap up the tour soon, because we had to check out of our hotel, and it was already 1:00. He told me, "That does not matter to me."

Obviously, there was no reasoning with a person like this, so I'm not sure why I bothered trying!

At this point, the couple that we had seen in the lobby told their tourguide that they had already been there for over 90 minutes and that was all they were told they needed to stay. The tourguide got very upset with them and told them they could not leave until the tour was over or they would have to pay $500. They couple told her that they had already fulfilled their obligation, and needed to leave so the wife could eat. The tourguide told them they were free to go, but they would be charged.

The couple left with the tourguide to tour a room. We followed them out.
They were ahead of us aways, and Alberto told us that he could not believe the tourguide had argued with the couple.

I thought perhaps Alberto wasn't so much of a jerk as I had thought he was, until he uttered his next thought:
"She should have told them to leave and charged them the $500. What you people need to remember is WE are the ones that give you your vouchers, if you make me mad, you don't get it. You be nice to me, I will give you your voucher. If you are not, I will not give it to you. What are you going to do, complain to my boss? My boss doesn't care, complain to him, he will laugh in your face, he doesn't care."
I was pretty stunned by this statement, but it got better...

"One time we had a couple in here who complained about how long the tour took. So, we made them sit waiting for their voucher for 4 hours. Then, we gave it to them and told them to take it to Disney World to get their tickets"
he laughed hysterically here
"But,of course, it was no good at Disney!!!!"
more laughing....
"So, they had to come back here and turn it in for their tickets!!"
laughing, laughing and more laughing....
"So, we took their voucher and gave them their tickets. We made them wait two days!!!"
laughing....
"Oh, we have lots of stories like that, we sit around telling them and just laughing. Yep, you have to be nice to me."

Honestly, I was feeling pretty uneasy with this guy at this point. But, we didn't have the extra money to hightail it out of there! We needed the voucher he would give us to pay for our hotel for the next few nights. At this point, if it had just been Disney tickets, I would have left.

NEXT

I figured I better try to get this going in our direction a little bit.

So, I started asking him about his family. He told us how his family had come into this country because of him (he had become a legal citizen somewhere along the line, apparently) and he could send them back to Mexico anytime he wanted to if they didn't do what he wanted.

So, I asked him about his Mom. He was nicer talking about his mother at least.

Finally we got to the tour unit.

7022_1_sbl.jpg

I asked Alberto if all the rooms had the bunkbeds set up like this room, with the glass wall and if there were curtains.
To which he replied.
"It doesn't matter, you will never have this."

And, when he showed us another unit, he announced it by saying,

"THIS is what YOU will NEVER have."

AmeriSuites-Vacation-Club-at-Calyps.jpg

to which I couldn't help muttering,
"Thank goodness...."

In the last unit, we met up with the couple we had been seeing all along. I started chatting with the husband, who amazingly was still smilng and laughing.

I can't say that I was in such a jolly mood myself!

After an eternity, we were finally led to the final interrogation room.

Alberto gave us the price,

we said no,

then we were told to wait until the manager could talk to us.

There were four couples ahead of us, and it was taking a long time!

DSCF5480.JPG

Brian looks THRILLED, doesn't he! :rotfl2:

So, we called Corey to let him know what was going on. I told him to call the front desk to let them know it would be a bit longer. I also told Corey to make sure everything was packed up and ready to move out. Everything should have been packed, but I wanted him to check to make sure we weren't forgetting anything.

While we were waiting, we overheard Alberto talking to two other employees about the couple we had been seeing.
It was not to tell what a great sense of humor the guest had had either.

They were recounting how they should have been kicked out or made to wait longer. This was all within easy earshot of the couple they were talking about and any other guests in the room.

Classy joint this Calypso Cay.

Finally we were ready to meet with the mangager.
Of course, he asked how Alberto treated us, and since we did not have our voucher yet, we said, "ok."
The manager then showed us a cheaper deal, and then showed us another deal for a one bedroom condo that slept 6......

hmm.... odd....I thought that was against the law....

We refused, and then were told another employee needed to talk to us.

Thankfully, the last employee came over quickly. She offered to let us come back to stay at the resort for a very reasonable price, which had we been treated decently, we probably would have taken her up on. But, there was no way I was staying at that place after this!

So, finally, we had our voucher in hand and went to get it traded in for our tickets.

I held my breath as the employee ran the voucher through to check it's validity. I could just see Alberto messing up something. With tickets and hotel voucher in hand, I proceeded to state my true feelings about Alberto to anyone in earshot..
much to Brian's embarassement...
Not that he didn't agree, but he doesn't like to rehash things like this the way I feel the need to.

Which, I suppose is why he would never consider writing a trip report to rehash it further with people he didn't really know......

When we got back to the hotel, the kids were ready to go, and only a few things needed to be shoved,

umm, I mean

oh so carefully packed away in a suitcase.

We checked out of the hotel and headed on over to our new residence for the next several days, the

Liki Tiki Village!!

Part Seven: NEXT

Wow! That was enough to give me a headache so early in the morning. I am thankful you got your voucher without too much trouble. Alberto sounds umm, I'll go with interesting to be nice!

All I can say is WOW! After your experiences with time shares and dvc, I think I would rather work three jobs to pay for vacations then to deal with those people! I don't know how you made it to the end without telling Alberto off. My DH used to hate it when I politely told people off - but now he's used to it and actually doesn't mind because we usually get something. I can't stand bad customer service which is one of the reasons I love WDW - bad customer service is the exception there.

Love the girls "matching" outfits and Brian's photo op! Corey is a gem - especially considering he is a teenager!

Teresa you have the worst luck with Timeshare tours! I have to say Alberto take the cake though! Glad you got your voucher though.

I think you need to come to Chicago and Do the DVC one again with our tour guide she is fabulous!

Gee........ Maybe I can convince you to name your next child Alberto......

I understand now why it toook you soooo long to update! I wouldn't want to rehash this experieince either!

So- when you finally announced your feelings about the tour- did anyone say anything?? Employees or people that were touring?

Oh the joys of the timeshare tour! :scared: I've been through a few and this is by far the worst! I'm glad you survived! :hug: Our DVC tour in California was lovely! I didn't mind a minute of it and our "tour guide" was great.

Wow! That was enough to give me a headache so early in the morning. I am thankful you got your voucher without too much trouble. Alberto sounds umm, I'll go with interesting to be nice!

yes, interesting... I'm not sure why he kept telling us he came into the country as an illegal alien. I wanted to tell him what my brother-in-law-in-law (Henry's brother) did for a living, but I restrained myself!

All I can say is WOW! After your experiences with time shares and dvc, I think I would rather work three jobs to pay for vacations then to deal with those people! I don't know how you made it to the end without telling Alberto off. My DH used to hate it when I politely told people off - but now he's used to it and actually doesn't mind because we usually get something. I can't stand bad customer service which is one of the reasons I love WDW - bad customer service is the exception there.

Love the girls "matching" outfits and Brian's photo op! Corey is a gem - especially considering he is a teenager!

I will do a lot to save money, including keeping my mouth halfway shut! ;) I must say, I am a VERY good complainer myself!!! Just ask Heather. Don't ask Brian, he never thinks complaining=good.

Teresa you have the worst luck with Timeshare tours! I have to say Alberto take the cake though! Glad you got your voucher though.

I think you need to come to Chicago and Do the DVC one again with our tour guide she is fabulous!

You know, we usually have really good experiences, just these last two times it stunk! Alberto was right up there with the worst of the worst. No, actually, I do believe he WAS the worst of the worst!

Gee........ Maybe I can convince you to name your next child Alberto......

I understand now why it toook you soooo long to update! I wouldn't want to rehash this experieince either!

So- when you finally announced your feelings about the tour- did anyone say anything?? Employees or people that were touring?

Karen, did I tell you that? about why I took so long to update?? I thought I told Heather, but here you are saying it!

Nope, no one said anything! We were the last people out of there, so there weren't any customers around. But, the employees just looked at me like they had heard it before! :rotfl:

Oh the joys of the timeshare tour! :scared: I've been through a few and this is by far the worst! I'm glad you survived! :hug: Our DVC tour in California was lovely! I didn't mind a minute of it and our "tour guide" was great.

I don't usually mind a timeshare tour, the majority I have ever been on were polite and sometimes rather friendly. We have toured Orange Lake and Westgate and had really good experiences at both of them. Westgate was actually the best, no pressure at all.

I would not stay at this place, just because this guy kind of scared me. I really felt that we were being threatened by him. Like I said, if it had not been for the fact that we REALLY needed a place to stay, I would have been out of there!

The day, and with a few exceptions, the week got a LOT better after this episode! So, the next updates shouldn't take so long for me to write! :thumbsup2

I want to be done before I leave again!

How do you stand sitting through those timeshare things??? They made you talk to 3 different people? We did them on our Caribbean and Mexican vacations and we told them upfront were weren't buying so they let us fly through the thing and let us have the freebie. Your experiences have been obnoxious

How do you stand sitting through those timeshare things??? They made you talk to 3 different people? We did them on our Caribbean and Mexican vacations and we told them upfront were weren't buying so they let us fly through the thing and let us have the freebie. Your experiences have been obnoxious

It usually doesn't take this long, we can generally clock it at 90 minutes. We let them know up front we aren't planning on buying, and we can always honestly tell them that we don't like their resort. We love ours. That usually does the trick. This guy just seemed to be having fun making people miserable! Oh well, we got a cheap room, and I got to write about what a jerk he was and hopefully warn people away from CaLYPSO CAY!!

Did you get that people? It was CALYPSO CAY! If you go to CALYPSO CAY and they introduce you to Alberto, run~! away from Calypso Cay..:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You're not the only one who doesn't get any reception now that they've switched to digital! Jenny has a roof antenna and still doesn't get any channels! None!

I love Lydia and Arminda's matching outfits! I don't think I've ever seen those shirts! So cute!

9:00 seems absurdly early to end breakfast. It's vacation, for goodness sake!

Brian is such a goof! I love the picture of him by the McDonald's truck! :rotfl:

:lmao: about Alberto and his $1.50 raft!!

Oh my gosh, Alberto is turning really creepy...

Your link doesn't work on the "next" after Alberto tells you how nice you need to be.

You will never have a bathroom papered in hideous palm tree wallpaper. Nope, not you.

Brian looks like he'd like to kick Alberto in the hiney.

I'm all for rehashing! Thank you! You must have been SO upset at that point! That is just rediculous how he blackmailed you like that!

Maybe I need to send my brother-in-law to Calypso Cay to make sure Alberto is actually legal.

You're not the only one who doesn't get any reception now that they've switched to digital! Jenny has a roof antenna and still doesn't get any channels! None!

I love Lydia and Arminda's matching outfits! I don't think I've ever seen those shirts! So cute!

9:00 seems absurdly early to end breakfast. It's vacation, for goodness sake!

Brian is such a goof! I love the picture of him by the McDonald's truck! :rotfl:

:lmao: about Alberto and his $1.50 raft!!

Oh my gosh, Alberto is turning really creepy...

Your link doesn't work on the "next" after Alberto tells you how nice you need to be.

You will never have a bathroom papered in hideous palm tree wallpaper. Nope, not you.

Brian looks like he'd like to kick Alberto in the hiney.

I'm all for rehashing! Thank you! You must have been SO upset at that point! That is just rediculous how he blackmailed you like that!

Maybe I need to send my brother-in-law to Calypso Cay to make sure Alberto is actually legal.

Really!? Even with the roof antenna, huh? I hold fast to my theory that this was entirely a plot by the cable and satellite companies to make people buy their services!

The shirts are cute, aren't they! Mom bought those at Walmart two years ago. I thought it was adorable how they wanted to match, right down to the red shorts. :rolleyes1

I agree ,9AM is WAY too early to end breakfast!

You like his dream raft too??

Creepy is an understatement! He was SCARY! :scared1: I was seriously glad we weren't actually staying there, where he could find us!

Thanks, I fixed it! :thumbsup2

So sad, no hideous palmtree wallpaper for us. :sad1:

Oh, yes! You need to have him run a little background check on our buddy Alberto! I posted his ID so it should make it easier to do! :thumbsup2

I agree with the poster who said :eek::eek::eek:

I was going to make something up about loving Calypso Bay and I toured with Alberto and he was really sweet...but seriously, I am so shaken by your experience I couldn't even joke around about it. :confused3

I went to one timeshare tour when I was like 22 with a friend. They barely showed us around, asked if we wanted to buy, when we declined they said...ok well eat up (they had a little buffet) and here are your tickets. They seemed glad we didnt buy or something...anyways...remind me never to sign up for a tour anywhere. :3dglasses

Wow.

What a mess!! :)

I guess it was worth it to get the free stuff, though? Maybe?

I think I will stay away from the timeshare deal. I might buy one! :scared1:

I am glad for the update! And I hope you guys are doing well!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter